cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE KVD VEGAN BEAUTY THREAD

~ Updated Jan 16th 2020 ~

Anne gave me the all ok to start a new thread. I will be updating in the next few days with all the new coming products and info she shared on the chat. Please be patient with me lol  Thanks Anne! xo

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/kat-von-d

Kat has left the brand... unsure if all these things that were planned will be put to market. Will keep the info here for the time being. Slightly new name as well.

Spoiler

COMING SOON

Unlock-it Makeup Remover Wipes

Tarot collection

WORKING ON/NEWS

New ELL shades
Working on Metal crush lipsticks (finalizing)

Single shadows (keeping Holy Bible in mind)

Nail Polish

Chula to be made in liquid lipstick

Thought about creating false lashes

KVD x Kandee J collab

More metal crush shadows?

NEW Mascara Go Big Or Go Home

Pigments? (neon green)
Working on Lock-It "Light" (dewy) foundation

Working on Metal Matte II palette

Metal Crush lipsticks

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.14.14 PM.png

Studded Kiss components?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.01.48 AM.png
*Originally saw these last year in the photo with the rock candy set.

KVD x Kandee J

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.55.57 AM.png

Re: THE KVD THREAD

@darkiceis, I agree, the swatches that look like they're in natural light don't look as pigmented.  I'm going to wait to see some looks in the Sephora gallery before I consider purchasing. 

@veronika23 I love, Love, LOVE this palette!!!!

I called my local SiJCP and they have the items here just not allowed to sell until the 25th. What a tease!!!!! 😭

RE: Re: THE KVD THREAD

That’s a load of horse crap!

RE: THE KVD THREAD

Hey everyone! I tried my 10h anniversary palette for the first time this morning. I truly am a rookie when it comes to makeup and critiques, but here goes. I primed with too faced shadow insurance. This is my secondtime using it and it’s like super glue compared to any other primer I’ve ever used. Kay Von D products: I put down Melanie over the entire area. I used Carolyn in the crease & outer ‘V’, leafer to the center third of the lid, Sarah to the inner third and to blend. I used the Metal Crush palette rosecrush to the tear duct/inner eye and at the browbone. Trooper eyeliner in my rookie ‘cat eye’. The shadows were silky withgood coverage. The first swipes of them were poor, but I chalked that up to the manufacture compression. After a couple swipes of the brush thecolors applied vibrantly. I noted no talciness or powdery poof-back when brushing. No notable fallout to my lashes or under eye area during application or after blending. I’m one to apply in small, multiple layers as needed, so that could play in as well. In the finished product, it all blended well and looked lovely. I definitely give it 2 thumbs up, and will be using it quite a bit in the near future. But I’m wondering how I’m going to fit in my new Marc Jacobs coconut palette...

Re: RE: THE KVD THREAD

@IdaBish you look so glam!!! How much was the palette???

@mermadelove It was $52.

@makeitup305  Thanks for the update!!!!  This is definitely going on my list for my birthday month!!!!

Very pretty, @IdaBish!  Rather Egyptianesque!  🙂

RE: Re: RE: THE KVD THREAD

Ooo! I love all things ancient Egyptian! Thank you for the compliment. I am still learning. I do wish, though, that I could find a brow tutorial that shows how to do something more than the wedge everyone is wearing now! I’ve got all these pomades and can’t get anything good looking out of them!!!!!

Re: RE: Re: RE: THE KVD THREAD

@IdaBish - Have you looked on Pinterest for eyebrow ideas?  I've stumbled across attractive looking eyebrow pins; but since I don't have eyebrows, I didn't save them.

Hi, all!  I wore the brow gel today for the first time.  I applied it using the new brow brush.  As a friendly reminder, I draw on my eyebrows since I don't have any.  The brush bristle are very soft and flexible.  I didn't think I would like this brush for drawing on my eyebrows.  I bought the brow gel in taupe.  It's lighter in color than ABH.  It's very creamy and works great with the brush.  I am impressed with how well the brush worked for drawing on my eyebrows.  There's plenty of working time too.  I finished off my brows with ABH duo powder in taupe--an excellent match for the KVD taupe brow gel.

I did a smudge test when I got home this afternoon.  I rubbed my finger over my brow and it did not budge.  I then wet my finger under the sink faucet and rub the water over my brow.  Nope, it still didn't budge.  Wow!  Yeah, my ABH is being relegated to the closet...again!

Great review @Titian06. Thanks!

Found at SiJCP!! Feel like I should make a visit tomorrow lol it's my turn to get lucky!IMG_2633.PNG

Called both of my local JcPenney Sephoras yesterday. Only...

Called both of my local JcPenney Sephoras yesterday. Only one said they had it in, but hadn't put it out yet, told her I would be there today. Showed up today after lunch. She advised she received an email this morning to not place any of the collection out until May 20th. I was so disappointed! If your store has it out and you don't want to wait, get it now because they possibly might place them back until May 20th. ☹

Thanks for the replies, made she had her date wrong. I ca...

Thanks for the replies, maybe she had her date wrong. I can wait one more week 😊

Re: Thanks for the replies, made she had her date wrong. I ca...

@Luvstravel - Usually highly anticipated launches are sold on-line first for a week or two before it's available in store.  At the top of this thread under the spoiler for this collection, it says it will be available on-line at KVD and Sephora on May 5 and in stores on May 21.

Re: Called both of my local JcPenney Sephoras yesterday. Only...

Wow, that doesn't sound right. I know the collection is supposed to launch May 5th, so it doesn't make sense they would wait 2 weeks to put it out. I'd keep an eye on it around the 5th. 

Man, that is a total DRAG!  Why would they send the make up, especially to the Penny's Sephora's that probably have more limited stock space, and expect them to KEEP IT UNDER LOCK AND KEY FOR 30 DAYS?????  Most of it would walk off b4 it was time for it to hit the floor!!!  SO SILLY!  I hope they get their heads removed from their rectums b4 its too late...

Mine said they can’t sell it until May 25th 😕

RE: Re: THE KVD THREAD

ME TOO!!! ME TOO!!! Just picked it up!!!!!

4,065 Replies
testing