cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE KVD VEGAN BEAUTY THREAD

~ Updated Jan 16th 2020 ~

Anne gave me the all ok to start a new thread. I will be updating in the next few days with all the new coming products and info she shared on the chat. Please be patient with me lol  Thanks Anne! xo

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/kat-von-d

Kat has left the brand... unsure if all these things that were planned will be put to market. Will keep the info here for the time being. Slightly new name as well.

Spoiler

COMING SOON

Unlock-it Makeup Remover Wipes

Tarot collection

WORKING ON/NEWS

New ELL shades
Working on Metal crush lipsticks (finalizing)

Single shadows (keeping Holy Bible in mind)

Nail Polish

Chula to be made in liquid lipstick

Thought about creating false lashes

KVD x Kandee J collab

More metal crush shadows?

NEW Mascara Go Big Or Go Home

Pigments? (neon green)
Working on Lock-It "Light" (dewy) foundation

Working on Metal Matte II palette

Metal Crush lipsticks

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.14.14 PM.png

Studded Kiss components?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.01.48 AM.png
*Originally saw these last year in the photo with the rock candy set.

KVD x Kandee J

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.55.57 AM.png

Re: THE KVD THREAD!!!

@whitepolkydots  I think this might be something else. Because the left one is gold and she said something like studded kiss components... so another mini kit maybe? The pic below is old but those are from the rock candy set + she has other colors... and at the very end some metallic ones that look gold. Maybe the gold and reds will come out for the holidays?

Screen Shot 2016-04-22 at 7.47.05 PM.png

@veronika23 oh i didn't notice it was gold!! I need it! 😄

@whitepolkydots  looks more gold in the video 😉

Here's a video where Kat explains why she posted about Makeup Revolution ripping off her shade + light palette and the difference between a dupe and a rip-off.  At 8:30 she starts showing sneak peeks of what's coming.

The Saint and Sinner palette at 15:13 looks amazing! I think I need it 😉

Oh wow, that is some epic whining lol.

As an artist myself, I deeply RESPECT this video.  It is NOT whining.  Having the opportunity to see her process and how she works out her line, and also knowing a little bit more about her back ground is great to me. 

I also agree with her about Makeup Revolution.  I've seen that company rip off other brands, too, like Too Faced.  I've bought Makeup Revolution and their products are just not good.  Wet and Wild is much less expensive, but at least has good quality for drug store and has their own style. 

@HeatherBees@Blackwhiskey i agree with you guys completely. i don't think it's whining when you put SO much time and effort into development, and someone blatantly rips you off. i have so much respect for kat, and the fact that she isn't just releasing new products every day (cough too faced cough) in different packaging, and is so artistic and innovating in everything she does. her beauty line never fails to impress me, and i can tell all the hard work that goes into her development, and design, and also that she listens to the concerns/complaints of her consumers, and responds!! 

I don't necessarily think she's wrong, I'm just very turned off by her immaturity. I saw her IG post yesterday- she put up some nasty hash tags about the other brand including "#lazyf*cks" and "#cheap*ss". I think she was expecting her fan base to turn on them, but she got a lot of backlash and began blocking people who disagreed with her and deleting negative comments. A lot of them were actually just politely sharing their opinion. Some people also seemed to take offense to her calling them cheap for buying the other version, since hers is out of their budget.

Instead of adding something useful to the dialogue, she then made this video disregarding the many valid comments made to her and continued to whine about her hard work being taken.

I respect her as an artist, I think she's very talented and her work and packaging is amazing. None of her art work is being stolen though. Can you call a palette layout art work? I guess that's a matter of opinion but I think most people would say no. Yes, it looks very similar on the inside and yes, they did that intentionally. That sucks, but they are marketing to a different audience than she is. They did not use any of the art work she keeps saying she worked so hard on. While the colours look similar, they are not matte.

I know all of this because I had nothing better to do with my time while it was going on yesterday to be honest lol. I've unfollowed her because I'm choosing not to support someone who I think keeps showing herself to be a hypocrite and drama queen. I still think some of her makeup is great though, and I love her art, so no judgement to the many people who I'm sure will still buy from her.

to be freaking and completely honest and i mean no offense to anyone , but if i were more in the spotlight, i would still act like myself. yes, there's some responsibility you have to take to behave like a mature adult and whatnot. but if I'm defending my work, my heart and soul, and people would just be telling me to 'hey lol suck it up/didnt you used to date a racist/ omg ur so rich and u complain about stuff like this get over it?' Guess what? yeah, you're getting blocked. It doesn't matter how famous or how zero your social life may be, if someone is ripping you off, I'm sure you're not going to take it lightly. Unless you don't mind your hardwork getting ignored and someone else reaping the rewards. So yeah, I don't care about how immature her reaction was cause I would more than likely maybe EVEN react worse. It isn't until the situation happens directly to you that we truly know how we will react though. 

again, don't take offense on my opinion of the situation, but this is how i strongly feel.

Oh I didn't know about all the comments and blocking people.

Bah I wanted to add more but man I'm really having a hard time expressing myself today and can't seem to find the words...

@veronika23   Haha that's the opposite of my problem today apparently 😛

@to90hahaha

It's like I get it. People need to be called out for stuff like this... there's a fine line between inspiration and copying... at the same time competition isn't a bad thing... don't wanna end up with 2 companies dominating the market. **cough apple cough android cough**

She does put a lot of work into her products... so I kinda understand what she means. She posted this video after some comments were made on an earlier IG post.

Regardless of whether or not she is right or wrong she is just so freaking talented. I mean those roses that she drew for what was (I believe) the upcoming train case :O. I don't have any tattoos, but if I was going to get one I'd want her to do it. Simply stunning!

OMG !!!!!!

1. Saint And Sinner palette

1. Glimmer Veil a metallic/sparkly lip product
  2. The NEW Studded Kiss shades with the new formula
  3. NEW Mascara Go Big Or Go Home
  4. New Blush
  5. New Everlasting Liquid Lipstick shades
  6. New perfumes
  7. Shade + Light Glimmer *a Shimmery version
  8. The Complete Art work for the upcoming First Traincase 10 Years anniversary

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 8.08.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 8.08.58 AM.png

Spoiler
Could it be this????
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 8.12.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 8.09.08 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-21 at 8.09.18 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-03-21 at 8.09.27 AM.png

I sincerely hope all of this is not getting released at the same time XD my wallet simply would not be able to handle it haha.

Seriously though SO excited for the train case and absolutely everything else 😄

Oh that palette, be still my heart. 

That Saint and Sinner palette is seriously stunning! Mine! Calling all palette addicts haha 😄

I don't think I'll even care what colors she includes ... just the packaging itself is a must have 😍

@Mcakes, I am with you! I want this and the perfumes, as well! 😍

testing