cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE KVD VEGAN BEAUTY THREAD

~ Updated Jan 16th 2020 ~

Anne gave me the all ok to start a new thread. I will be updating in the next few days with all the new coming products and info she shared on the chat. Please be patient with me lol  Thanks Anne! xo

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/kat-von-d

Kat has left the brand... unsure if all these things that were planned will be put to market. Will keep the info here for the time being. Slightly new name as well.

Spoiler

COMING SOON

Unlock-it Makeup Remover Wipes

Tarot collection

WORKING ON/NEWS

New ELL shades
Working on Metal crush lipsticks (finalizing)

Single shadows (keeping Holy Bible in mind)

Nail Polish

Chula to be made in liquid lipstick

Thought about creating false lashes

KVD x Kandee J collab

More metal crush shadows?

NEW Mascara Go Big Or Go Home

Pigments? (neon green)
Working on Lock-It "Light" (dewy) foundation

Working on Metal Matte II palette

Metal Crush lipsticks

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.14.14 PM.png

Studded Kiss components?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.01.48 AM.png
*Originally saw these last year in the photo with the rock candy set.

KVD x Kandee J

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.55.57 AM.png

Re: THE KVD THREAD!!!

That's so fun!  I love that they used a stencil (or I assume that is how they did it) to make them more interesting.

UPS finally delivered my package with Hawkwind. It's pretty close on me to the initial swatches, I think it's a tad darker. I hand swatched it compared to Lolita and Lolita 2 because it's been described as a darker Lolita (either by someone on here or I read it somewhere else), and I have to agree, it is in the same color family as the two but darker.

L L2 HW.JPGHawkwind on top, then Lolita, and Lolita 2

Spoiler
Lip Swatch.JPGSorry for the weird angle, it's dark out so I have no natural light and my apartment lights aren't doing it any justice. 

That. Looks. STUN-NING. On. You.

Spoiler
added those periods for emphasis

@ElleElleG Thanks! ☺️ This is my 4th ELL and I've been super impressed with all of them. She's got a couple more shades coming out that I have my eye on as well, it's bad for my wallet, but good for my collection 🤑

Wowza @alexasteph!  Very, very nice 💕mine arrived today but it doesn't look nearly as good as it does on you 😉

@ZombieMetroAnt Thanks! 😊 Oh, I'm sure it looks amazing on you! You should upload a swatch to help out others with similar coloring! Since shades like this can definitely pull in different directions. 

Oh, what a great idea 💡 I'll do that Alexa 😁

Here's hand swatches of Hawkwind.  I think it translates into a darker shade of brown than I was expecting but I still like it!

kk.JPG

Top: Hawkwind

Middle: Lolita 2

Bottom: Lolita

Heart

@alexasteph hawkwind is at the top of my list! it looks SO gorgeous on you 🙂

@unfungirl Thank you!! I think you'll really like it. 

Ohhhh that shade was meant for you!   Gorgeous!

I ordered this one, too, but now I wonder if it will be too dark for me.  If so, I think my daughter could pull it off because I think her coloring is more similar to yours.  Either way, it will get some love at my house.  ❤

*I just hope I don't have to sign for my package - lol 😂 

@Tamara76 Ugh! Haha! Thankfully I didn't have to sign for it. But it was delivered 12 and a half hours after it was put on the truck this morning, spent a full 24 hours "Out For Delivery." But anyway...

Thank you! I really like it! It is still similar to my go to shades, but darker, so it's different enough I don't feel like I've just added another warm mauvey/rosey/MLBB nude to my collection. I'm sure it will look amazing on your daughter! Especially if she likes this shade family. I've liked the idea of going a bit darker lately, but don't want to go with anything too vampy for daytime. This can be a look that's striking like a vamp, but is more appropriate for certain situations. 

Does anyone know the price of ELL nude bundle ?

I've been wondering the same thing. The minis bundle is $49, but the pictures have implied this nude bundle will be all full size. If they don't adjust the price, it would be $120, but I'm guessing they would because if they didn't there wouldn't really be a point of bundling them together. My guess is it will be between $90-$110, if they are in fact all full size. 

WHAT?!  Will this be exclusive to her site since Sephora is weening out FormulaX?

kvd.JPG

@ZombieMetroAnt, this is an older product; IIRC, they came out with a set of mini lipsticks and polishes that might have included this. I know for sure they released Vampira as a full-size polish, but they're no longer carried in stores.

Well, darn!  Thanks @h3llc4t (p.s. love the creative screen name Heart)

@ZombieMetroAnt This color is beautiful! I hope it will be available at Sephora.

Here is a quick sneak peek. I swatched these last night so the lighting isn't the best. but i will swatch better photos on my IG soon-ish (weekend maybe)

Top (left) is Dose truffle (comparison for nude depth)

(right) is Ophelia - much more of a peach nude than i expected

Bottom is Ludwig which i am wearing today and love. 

I am going to return ophelia because its lighter than i prefer for a nude. Now il just be waiting for lovecraft

unnamed.jpg

Ludwig is gorgeous! 🙂 I've never tried DOC before but hear it's good. Do you think it's comparable to KVD?

Yes def! I have kept two shades out of all the ones ive tried. Truffle and Stone which i love, the formula on those are amazing. The texture is different, slightly creamier where as the KVD is more liquidy

3 Replies
testing