cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE KVD VEGAN BEAUTY THREAD

~ Updated Jan 16th 2020 ~

Anne gave me the all ok to start a new thread. I will be updating in the next few days with all the new coming products and info she shared on the chat. Please be patient with me lol  Thanks Anne! xo

Brand page: https://www.sephora.com/kat-von-d

Kat has left the brand... unsure if all these things that were planned will be put to market. Will keep the info here for the time being. Slightly new name as well.

Spoiler

COMING SOON

Unlock-it Makeup Remover Wipes

Tarot collection

WORKING ON/NEWS

New ELL shades
Working on Metal crush lipsticks (finalizing)

Single shadows (keeping Holy Bible in mind)

Nail Polish

Chula to be made in liquid lipstick

Thought about creating false lashes

KVD x Kandee J collab

More metal crush shadows?

NEW Mascara Go Big Or Go Home

Pigments? (neon green)
Working on Lock-It "Light" (dewy) foundation

Working on Metal Matte II palette

Metal Crush lipsticks

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 1.14.14 PM.png

Studded Kiss components?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 9.01.48 AM.png
*Originally saw these last year in the photo with the rock candy set.

KVD x Kandee J

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2015-06-30 at 7.55.57 AM.png

Re: THE KVD THREAD!!!

Yes! I just received the same thing and have no idea where this came from! 

Woo!  Very cool.  There was no letter in the package though explaining what this was?  According to google Jose Paniagua is a former MLB player.  LOL

Nope nothing at all...

@KawaiiCorgi - I just googled PIMS NEW YORK INC.(3rd line in the address) and their address matches the label.  From google, it looks like they are a marketing & advertising company.

KVD MetalMatte live for Canada.

After much back/forth on this, I decided not to get the palette. It is so large, and i skip eyeshadow most days.. so my "shade & light" and 'abh renessaince' are plenty.. 

I hate being an adult.

Lolita II Studded Kiss - Very pretty! Same wear and feeling as Double Dare. 

IMG_0946.JPG

i just got my lolita 2 and double dare. im so sad they're limited edition because lolita 2 is my holy grail shade. if this were a cream finish, i'd buy 5 probably lol

Can you post swatches?

@vegchililover78 Love this one too!

I WAS so excited for this, but after seeing the prices I don't want it lol. 

Theres 3 shades I wanted the refills of since they're the only ones I use. But after doing the math, it's the same price as the original palette. 

I dont need to be a rocket science to know I might as well buy the original and get 3 extra colors for the same price and size! 

So pricey! lol I might as well buy backups of the original before it's gone!!!

I was thinking that too. It's a bit annoying that they always phase it out like that. There's an inventory somewhere! Where does it go if they're not selling it online?

same, i wanted  the 2 lighter contour pans. But at some point i thought i might try the coordinating lighter shades even if it was for e/s (which is what i do with the contour blushes from nars). but even at 32 for just the 2 shade pans i might as well get the palette. 

I think for those that already have the palette they will wind up buying the new palette and then just get refills as they needed. I assumed they would be $15, but admit i was hoping for less lol

I feel like there's the novelty of the new palette, but I wouldn't buy it since it's a bit more expensive too. 

My my original intent was to get the 3 shades I use (hoping that they're cheap enough to justify) and then using a magnetic palette. I love the palette, but it's so bulky to travel with when I really only use 2-3 colors. 

I never purchased the OG< how much was it before?

I always wanted the contour pans but never justified it bc of the other shades, and then i hate when you run out of one thing and have to wait to get the whole palette again. i did plan on getting just the pans bc i have an open medium Sz. Z. Maybe you can get the palette and then just pop out the pans into a Z when you travel?

The original is $46. I think it's still available. The refillable version is $49. Obviously not a significant price difference, but I'm not gonna pay more for something that's basically the same to me lol

yep i feel ya. I swatched the new nars talia contour pan in store and really like that shade. I emailed them to find out if they will be releasing them in pan form so i dont have to depot. In the mean time i still havent decided on ordering the kvd pans. i do like the palette, but it is big and im not sure id grab for it

Double Dare Studded Kiss. I love this shade! The color is perfect. This did seem a bit drier to me in comparison to other KVD lipsticks in my collection. It wasn't uncomfortable though. I usually get good wear from KVD lipsticks and this new performed about the same. Usual transfer when eating and drinking. I'm probably going to wear Mother tomorrow!

image.jpeg

I am wearing this one today as well lightly lined with mufe 2 c lipliner. it did feel drier going on, application wise (also noticed when swatching it vs lolita 2) but doesn't feel dry wearing it now and ive had it on for 3 hours. but i definitely want to get lovecraft? and lolita and i cant decide on cathedral. 

I might wear lolita 2 tomorrow !. I hope she makes these perm bc i can see them being liked by a lot of people 

testing