beautylovingirl

TARTE AMAZONIAN CLAY FULL COVERAGE POWDER FOUNDATION

Tarte.jpg

I  saw where this on T.V. last night has anyone heard anything  or know anything about it?

ellevee09

Re: TARTE AMAZONIAN CLAY FULL COVERAGE POWDER FOUNDATION

:smileysad: I went today to get this! I was so excited. When I swatched to make sure my color was right, I saw MAJOR sparkles. I don't like that at all. :smileysad: oh well. Just a heads up... 

jaimelove

i bought it on monday, you don't see sparkles when you're wearing it! :smileyhappy:

Londonlover101

I was just watching one of hautebrilliance's videos and she said she really did not like this product because it made her skin cakey and dry so im not so sure about this product myself either also considering her skin is oily and it made it dry that's just weird. I wanted to know does this product have any effect on skin at all such as irritation or any other problems?

mskita007

@Londonlover101:  I have had NO issues with this foundation. No breakouts. Nothing whatsoever. It does not duty out my skin. It's actually a beautiful, flawless finish! I like it so much, I purchased a backup one when Tarte had their Friends & Family sale (30% off) a couple of weeks ago! It's a wonderful powder foundation and the coverage is long lasting!

mskita007

Oops!  It does not DRY out my skin...

theshoppingmom

I'm on my second jar of this foundation!  I had been a Bare Minerals in the winter & Laura Geller balance & brighten in the Summer user until I tried Tarte Amazonian Clay powder foundation...it is so soft goes on well with both of their brushes. But the small brush that came with it is easier in my opinion.  This is my absolute favorite for powder foundation so far.  I have dark brown hair, brown eyes, and the Light/Med for winter & Medium for summer work perfectly with my skin tone. It's pricey but, I hope once it is sold without the brush included the price will be more comparable because it certainly isn't a large jar of product you get for $40 bucks .

tdsollog

I've been seeing the ads, and I've very curious, too.

beautylovingirl

@mskita007- I'm thinking with this being a powder foundation that you will be fine with the rich because this shouldn't oxidize like a liquid.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@mskita007- What foundation did you wear before this one?

mskita007

@beautylovingirl:  I wear Bare Minerals matte foundation in Golden Tan. Somehow the formula has changed. I have to apply more for fuller coverage and it has no lasting power. 

I received a sample if Tarte's liquid foundation (in Deep) from Sephora and I was happy with the coverage but the color oxidized a bit. 

beautylovingirl

Sorry also forgot to say that there will be more colors coming out in August. So not to far away then:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

I hope they come out with a tan-deep but I think someone had said that this would be the same if you wear the Amazonian liquid foundation that's the color you would wear in this.

mskita007

I ordered this in Tan, based on the model in the picture. I'm African American, NC45, so Rich would be too dark. The tan is OK. It's light and ashy looking initially. Takes around 2hrs for my natural oils to surface and give the shade more blendability. I must say the coverage is amazing and lasts all day. I'm used to a more matte finish, as I have combination skin, but its actually not that bad at all! It gives me a natural glowing finish, but not shiny looking. So the only thing that I don't like is I have to wait a couple of hours to see the affect that I really love. I would still repurchase. Hopefully, there will be a Tan-Deep by the time I run out. Hope this helps!

beautylovingirl

@quenbee- Your so sweet! I just saw it and thought well a lot of  ya'll talk about Tarte so I thought what the heck I hope it helps somebody and it did and I'm so glad!:smileyhappy:

beautylovingirl

@quenbee- Aww thanks for doing that I'm sure it will help a lot of users with questions.:smileyhappy:

quenbee

You're welcome!  Have to say I was totally psyched to see your post about this.  I checked QVC's website almost every day for like 2 monthe waiting for this to come back.  I finally just gave up!  I jumped right on it as soon as I read this!  So THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! Can't wait to get and will let everyone know my thoughts on it!

quenbee

I just called tarte and was told that these powders have a yellow undertone.  I can wear light in the liquid clay and would also be light in the powder.  i was told that the powder colors coincide with the liquid.  I was also told that they will be adding more shade choices in August for a better shade/undertone range.   I hope this helps.

quenbee

(0) Hearts

I was too but am deciding between light, light-medium, and medium.   I am actually medium in the Mac skin finish mineralize powder and medium beige in the BE ready foundation (fairly light in the original loose).  Sad thing though you can't ask an order entry operator.  They can not provide any advice on what shade to order.  They just order what you tell them and I missed the show.

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

@liveinlovexx- Well it just launched the other night this was on QVC. I'm not sure if Sephora is gonna carry it. It looks likes light medium would be the right color for you I think it's like this:

1. Fair- fair to light

2. Light - If your light but no porcelain doll light then this would be yours.

3.Light Med- If your light but have a little color then this is yours.

4.Med- Usually about 70% of the people go with this.

5. Tan- This one is  tan skin.

6. Rich- Which for really dark skin.

Hope this helps!

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

I thought about ordering it since they added the light med shade. but i have  no idea what the undertone is and it wasn't on easy pay

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 37 replies
  • 38 hearts
  • 14 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • aviscardi
    • mskita007
    • crayzeeRN
    • beautylovingirl
    • tdsollog