sephoralovex

Sun Safety Kit 2013

[ Edited ]

What do you guys think about this years kit? Will you be buying it? I just saw it in the new arrivals section but is not for sale yet..

What are you most excited about in this kit? Im still debating if i should get it!

Link to the kit:

http://www.sephora.com/sun-safety-kit-P379059?skuId=1524727Screen Shot 2013-05-07 at 9.50.48 AM.png

*UPDATE 5/8: Sephora took it down since it's not for sale yet, but it will be for sale mid-end of May!! Check back!

carrierose

Re: Sun Safety Kit 2013

(0) Hearts

No, putting it in your bank doesn't charge a fee, unless it's your bank specifically charging it.  PayPal does not.  Yes, if you are giving someone money you definitely want to send it as a gift, because "goods" is for if you are actually selling/buying a product, you are covered by PP and can dispute it, say, if you send the $ and you never get your goods.  You are also charged a fee if you send across the border, like to someone in Canada.

Anyway, that's PP! :smileytongue:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Still stalking for mine... that's $90 I can't wait for.

carrierose

(0) Hearts

I got mine yesterday, thank goodness!  Hope yours comes soon.

JenLMom23

(0) Hearts

I bought mine yesterday at Sephora at JCP. They only had two others left at that store. I am really excited about most everything in it. Of the products I have used before, that includes Peter Thomas Roth, Truth moisturizer, and smashbox primer. I am looking forward to trying some new products, especially tarte sunless tanner (saw a lot of great reviews on it), Jose Argan moisturizer, The BB cream (dr. brandt), and the St. Tropez glow cream.

Someone mentioned in one of the forums that the JCP version may cost a bit less and not contain as many products. I didn't think that was the case at first but now looking closely at this pic I think they may be right. A bit of a bummer if that's the case.

DTalksAll

It is a bit different and less expensive. I think it's because the kit sold in SiJCP only has the items they carry. So no Shiseido, Clarins... 

I could be wrong though. 

weebo

Can't wait. I don't care as much about the bag as the products inside, and these look amazing.

susieinsantafe

I'm so pale and OCD with sunscreen, I get this every year and am obsessed. It's a hell of a deal. Ive been checking weekly if not more since the beginning of April

ohsoccermom

I saw this preview a day or two ago. I will buy it. I missed out last year and almost bought it off Amazon for $75. I love the kit, it lets me try new products. I have purchased it several years. My favorite past items are the Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer and Jack Black lip gloss. I still use the reuseable bag from a few years back. GOOD STUFF!

charidak

(0) Hearts

I just missed gift with purchase including the polka dotted laptop or iPad case.  Any ideas about getting it?

sarahbear25

(0) Hearts

it was on yesterday but not for sale. Now it's no longer online...WTH Sephora?? I dont get it Ive checked every day since April. Called sephora they said discontinued. Seriously pissed I buy this every year and as far as i can see no one purchased or reviewed it. I'm thinking they dropped the ball this year.

melissabt

(0) Hearts

Sorry Inmm, 

We do not have a pre-order set up for the item right now. Please keep checking back for updates, thanks for waiting!

<3 Melissa
blondechick55

(0) Hearts

I have heard May 21st....

inmm

(0) Hearts

Can VIB's pre-order this or get first dibs?

incinci

(0) Hearts

Does anyone know when this kit is supposed to be released for sale?  I think I would like to get one this year--I tried the link but it doesn't work.  I also searched for Sephora Sun Safety Kit but it didn't come up!

violalea

(0) Hearts

Sephora has been replied to people on FB mid to end of May. So I think it will be here pretty soon :smileyhappy: I know I cant wait either.

violalea

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have never bought 1 of this before so YES I WILL GET 1  this year :smileyhappy: But I wish the products are in the nice big box/case like last year though.

DTalksAll

Me too since I missed out on last years :smileysad: 

But every year they have something different. one year it was a big pink tote, a clear pink zipper bag that broke after 2 uses, a yellow mesh bag... 

violalea

@dannyc,

I think you recommended me to try the new eye makeup remover right? Thanks. Yeah I will be ordering it with the sun kit when its available :smileyhappy:

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I spy Shiseido.

I'm in.

mommyto4

I will admit the only reason I want it is because everyone else loves them so much.  I just read an article online yesterday though about how products like this help give you skin cancer instead of preventing it.  For that reason alone I will be passing.  I'm still sad though :smileysad:

colorobsession

I feel like it's so hard to know who to believe nowadays. Sometimes the studies themselves are flawed, and sometimes its the way in which the results are summarized and presented to the masses. Very few people have access to the actual published articles of these studies, and beyond that, not everyone would necessarily fully understand the efficacy of the design or interpretation of the study results. And then there are studies that are being conducted by pharmaceutical and cosmetics companies with money on the line, and I always have a little doubt in my mind about how accurate their findings truly are. Long story short, there will always be claims out there that just about everything gives you cancer. There will also be claims that things that almost certainly do lead to cancer, don't (like smoking). Ultimately I think you just have to use your judgment and do what you feel is right for your own health.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 38 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • weebo
    • sarahbear25
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • sephoralovex
    • carrierose