sephoralovex

Sun Safety Kit 2013

[ Edited ]

What do you guys think about this years kit? Will you be buying it? I just saw it in the new arrivals section but is not for sale yet..

What are you most excited about in this kit? Im still debating if i should get it!

Link to the kit:

http://www.sephora.com/sun-safety-kit-P379059?skuId=1524727Screen Shot 2013-05-07 at 9.50.48 AM.png

*UPDATE 5/8: Sephora took it down since it's not for sale yet, but it will be for sale mid-end of May!! Check back!

sephoralovex

Re: Sun Safety Kit 2013

(0) Hearts

Where did you read the article from? Hm, now im curious!

mommyto4

(0) Hearts

hmmm seems the link I posted was deleted or at least I can't see it.  It was from foodbabe.  I'm sure if you google foodbabe and sunscreen you will get the link.

And I agree everything nowadays is bad for you.  I only believe that all the chemicals we eat and use on our skin can't be "good" either.  There has to be some sort of correlation logically. 

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I've seen a lot of those types of articles popping up lately. 

There have been a lot of studies that chemical sunscreens can be carcinogenic. Then again it seems like everything is now a days. Also something about how sunscreen blocks us from properly absorbing Vitamin D. A lot of these "studies" want you to eat more tomatoes & watermelon which are high in lycopene to get a "natural SPF" from within. 

Personally, I rather wear a broad spectrum sunscreen then nothing at all. 

starletta8

Very true.

I figure everything's going to kill us- and we're all going to die someday... so why not have fabulous, non-sun damaged skin?

Also- I'd like to smack the person who suggests tomatoes. Doctor or not, I burn within a few minutes.  And I've lost multiple family members to melanoma, so I'll take my chances with the chemicals.

mommyto4

(0) Hearts

I understand where you are coming from.  I am fair skinned and freckled.  It only takes about 10 minutes of sun light for my skin to have a red tint to it :smileysad:  I'm just going the organic route this year and see how it goes.  I guess I am just trying to be double safe.  I don't really care if it's a marketing ploy.  So long as I don't burn I'll be happy.  Some company is going to make money off me either way.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I usually get them every year, but missed out on it last year & regretted it. Even though I'm not crazy about this year's I'm still going to purchase it. 

I'm just surprised their's nothing for hair or lips this year ;( 

sephoralovex

Yeah i wish they could have added some lip and hair products. If they did I would defiantly no doubt buy it.

catherineu2

(0) Hearts

Too bad it's not available to ship to Canada :smileysad:

mafan

(0) Hearts

This looks more interesting than the description of the JCP specific kit.  There are more different sun screens than I thought there would be.  The self tanners don't interest me, but they never do.  I am interested in the hand cream and there are some other things that I would try out.  I know that I like the Clarins sunscreen a lot and found it due to one of these kits, so I am interested in trying some things.

carrierose

(0) Hearts

So this is different than the one people have been picking up at JCP?

buzzbee3

Slightly different yes. The JCP kit doesn't contain the Lancôme, L'Occitane, Origins, Clarins, or the second Sephora brand SPF.

carrierose

(0) Hearts

okay so I don't have to get both, just the Sephora online one...  :smileywink:

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Oh wow, I didn't know that they were slightly different! I think i'd prefer the Sephora one

ellevee09

(0) Hearts

**bleep** you sephora! I have promised myself I wouldn't make another purchase but ugh i just might break that promise. Promises are meant to be broken, right? Right? "/

ellevee09

omgoodness sephora bleeped my "bad" word!!!! sorry! It wasn't that bad. D@mń isn't that bad? :smileysad: 

colorobsession

(0) Hearts

I loved last year's kit (and I definitely still have some things left over from it to finish up), and I was really excited for this years. I'm kind of torn as to whether or not I want to get it. I think that if you've never purchased a Sephora Sun Kit before it's SO worth it for all of the products you get to try. For me the thing that's holding me back is that I already have or have tried about half of the things in here.  However, I am excited by all of the products I haven't tried.

I'm really curious about the Tarte sunless tanner, the Too Faced Bronzer, and the Flexitone BB.

Maybe I can see if my mom would want to go halfsies with me and we could share...

sephoralovex

If i bought this year's, it would be my first so there's a lot of products I havent tried yet.. besides the toofaced bronzer. 

Oh thats a good idea! I usually do that with my mom too 

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

Oooh! Just looked at it, I like the Bronzer & the smashbox primer. I may get it, but I know I will not use up all the products in here.

sephoralovex

(0) Hearts

Yeah me either. There are a lot of items i want to try and for $30 i feel is such a good price. But still thinking!

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

Right? I'm debating though. I'm really into eyeshadow palettes right now and value kits, but I know I won't use up all the stuff in this kit. I think I'd rather get a palette! :smileytongue:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 82 replies
  • 38 hearts
  • 35 in conversation
    • weebo
    • sarahbear25
    • DTalksAll
    • prosopon
    • sephoralovex
    • carrierose