RMOR86

Summer Makeup Face

(0) Hearts

Looking to do a complete overhaul on my makeup bag. What are your favorite summer must-haves? I'm going for a natural, just-got-off-the-beach look! Thanks!

tashalicious

Re: Summer Makeup Face

(0) Hearts

i really love the Nars soul shine palette for summer, it's a blush and bronzer combination, i also like the Josie Maran gel blush because it goes on sheer and looks really natural.

kas045

(0) Hearts

Have you ever tried a tinted moisturizer?   I love the Laura Mercier one, and have heard fantastic reviews of the Nars one as well.  I very rarely will wear a full foundation in the summer.  TM does not feel heavy on the skin, and they usually have a SPF in them.  

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Summer must-haves:

1. Primer, whether it's face, eye, lash, or lip primer, choose one or all to fit into your routine to prolong the wear of your product and keep it from melting off in the summer heat. Silicone/dimethicone based face primers (Smashbox Photo Finish, for example, along with Benefit's Porefessional) can be tapped over a made-up face to absorb oil and shine without using blotting sheets to risk removing make up or caking on more powder to help skin look matte.

2. Multi-use cheek/lip products, whether it's Josie Maran's Coconut Water Cheek Gelee or Tarte's Cheek Stain, these long-wearing products add a quick touch of product that can be applied and blended with hands/fingers for an instant perk up to your complexion. Color is buildable so you can control whether it's a sheer wash of color you want or a deeper, more opaque look, great to transition from day time/beach wear to a night out.

3. SPF, no matter what it looks like outside, SPF is a year-round must-have. Keep Peter Thomas Roth's powdered sunscreen in your bag to reapply sun protection without using a spray or lotion that might disrupt make up to ensure skin is continuously protected. Lip balms like Anthony Logistics or Jack Black offer lips SPF protection without compromising your lip product's color and come in yummy scents!

4. Creamy eye liner pencil, choose an easy to apply eye liner that can be smudged and blended to look like a cream shadow or drawn on as is for liner. I like choosing a rich chocolate brown for day time use and a deep eggplant for night use to add a bit of drama without being as harsh as sporting just black on eyes.

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • tashalicious
    • RMOR86
    • kas045