drrragon

Sugarpill brushes ... anyone tried these?

Hi ladies, I'm looking for a couple of new eye brushes and while contemplating dropping some $$$s on a few Wayne Goss brushes, ran into the new sugarpill brushes over at beautylish.  Anyone tried these and can comment on brush quality? (WG comments also welcome :smileyhappy: )upload_8492127895047962736.jpg

hackneyfl

Re: Sugarpill brushes ... anyone tried these?

(0) Hearts

Thanks @divwa going to check all 3 out.

DiVWA

[ Edited ]

Although you didn't ask about any other brush, another brush I got from beautylish (when I got the WG #6) was the Billy B Beauty brush #12 and #9. The Billy brush #12 is very odd shaped--if you're into brushes like I am, that was pretty intriguing enough, but then when I read reviews (including one by WG), it made me get this. This #12 is great for the crease, especially the outer crease. WG uses it to carry shadow from upper lid to just underneath the eye. It handles powder shadows nicely. I'm still experimenting to see what else this brush is good for. (In comparison, I got the MUG Outer V brush and can't stand it--it's just too thick for my little crease. LOL)

The Billy brush #9 is a brush for applying mascara to lower lashes. I haven't used it for that, although it probably works nicely for that. What I use it for is making a line of shadow near lashes and, most especially, for smudging under lower lashes. I had been using a Sephora smudge brush for smudging but once I got the #9, I realized how scratchy the Sephora smudge brush was. (Sorry Sephora!)

drrragon

wow thanks for the amazing descriptions!  I have trouble finding the right shape/size/density brush since my crease is also really small, and like you I've just started noticing how scratchy my existing brushes are!  I haven't used/seen any Billy B brushes but will definitely be looking into them now. :smileyhappy:

DiVWA

You're welcome. I was actually trying to hit the threshold for getting a discount for being a first-time buyer on Beautylish, and saw the Billy B brushes. I got them since I didn't need anything else the site was selling. Be sure to Google for a deal or promo if this doesn't come up automatically when you first get on the site.

I actually ended up buying two WG #6 brushes, one Billy #9 and one Billy #12, to get to the threshold. I'm happy I got two WG #6 brushes. I had been using new MAC ones #217 and #239 (I think those are the numbers--whatever ones everyone says to get for eyeshadow) and these MAC ones were scratchy and I was not impressed. (I guess the older ones were better, according to what my later research found.) Now I'm always grabbing my WG #6 ones--I use one for lighter shadow colors and one for darker. I've been thinking about returning the MAC ones, except I do use them occasionally when laying down colors and experimenting.

hackneyfl

(0) Hearts

Ohhhh the peer pressure! Where is the best place for me to get that #6 brush?

drrragon

(0) Hearts

google for beautylish

DiVWA

I love the WG #6 eyeshadow brush. Nice shape so can use to lay on shadow and then turn it for putting in crease. Easy to use with more than one color too, without washing in-between--just wipe off the shadow in-between.

drrragon

(0) Hearts

I'll definitely take a look, thanks for the recommendation! :smileyhappy:

calamityjane85

Made well, light but they are so fluffy they throw shadow everywhere. The tapered blending brush is a bit to flexible for me and the large eyeshadow brush is to large to get the color only on the lid. I would not buy these. Go for Wayne goss or the hakuhodo brushes. 

drrragon

(0) Hearts

thanks for the advice calamity!  it's not such a bad thing if Wayne is my alternative :smileyhappy:

hackneyfl

Been eyeing and eyeing those wayne goss brushes for a while! Have to quit coming out here, ALL YOU all do is enable a person for the love of goodness ;-)

mpolansky

I'm curious about these too - great thread!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 14 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • calamityjane85
    • mpolansky
    • DiVWA
    • hackneyfl
Photos1