Esdee

Subscription Box Overload?

All that talk about Julep Mavens led me to finally sign up for the box, which is currently DHLing its way to me as we speak.  While I was at it, I scoured the BT forums for threads about other subscription boxes, and wound up signing up for Glossybox, Wantable, and Ipsy, plus put myself on the wait-list for Birchbox.  There were several other boxes that sounded interesting, but eventually I decided that they weren't really for me, based off what they offered and/or how much they cost.

I figure three months of each should give me a good idea of whether I like them enough to keep up with them, right?  At the very least, it'll give my mail carriers something other than Sephora boxes to cart around!

SirenPrincess

Re: Subscription Box Overload?

(0) Hearts

Here's my October Wantable.  I'm again very happy with everything I got.

Wantable Oct 2013.jpg

I have love--eyeshadow, blush, lip, tools and like-eyeliner and brows. Most of my color preferences are neutral and natural choices.  And that's exactly what I got!

I'm particularly liking the shimmer brown eyeshadow by Darla cosmetics.  Never heard of them, but the eyeshadow is very nice!

bvnny

(0) Hearts

Omfg Beauty Bar Sample Society just sent me samples from my ex's sister's brand. Ew Ew Ew Ew Ew...just had to share. That was too weird for me.

Panda168

(0) Hearts

I did the same thing last year. I signed up for around 8-10 sub boxes. I ended up keeping Ipsy and Julep. I like Ipsy and it's reasonable. Julep is great because I can skip if I don't like what is being offered that month. 

JGSFLA

NEW BEAUTY TEST TUBE is amazing! this months box included an IT Cosmetics poweder brush and AMORE PACIFIC foundation compact!

shapeshifter

(0) Hearts

Wow! I just bought the AP compact for $ 60, it's great!

Esdee

Just got back from my convention weekend, and I've got a Julep and a Wantable waiting for me.  I'll have to unbox them tomorrow when I'm not so bushed; tired Esdee makes for a boring, nonsensical video!

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Can't wait to see your unboxing video.  Might spoil me on what may or may not be coming in my box, but I want to see anyway!

solveig

(0) Hearts

I was subscribed to Ipsy, but i've been disappointed with the last 2 or three boxes. What's the point of asking me what's my skin color and type, if you keep sending me stuff that is clearly wrong for it? So I canceled my subscription. Same thing happened with Birchbox about a year ago. I am kind of on the fence about paying $20 a month for subscription, because even with being curious about different products, I know what's going to work for me and what not, so I don't feel like paying a lot of money (over a hundred dollars in 6 months) for something that I will not use.

hydee77

(0) Hearts

Not to enable anyone or anything but the Blush Mystery Box has been pretty amazing, I will be on my third month in October.  I skipped Julep this month because I feel as if I am drowning in polish! lol

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

Ohhh, tell us more about it!  What types of things do you get?  How personalized is it?

hydee77

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

There's no way to personalize the box but it has a nice range of items.  Check it out here: http://www.mysubscriptionaddiction.com/category/blush-mystery-beauty-box-reviews

My September and August box was the same as the blogger's except in September I received the LVX nail polish in "Prussian".

snowshoe

I'm thinking about joining Wantable--I like the idea of being able to tweak my preferences.  I used to like Birchbox but like others have said, they're starting to slide downhill.  I'm so on the fence about Ipsy--I have the yearly subscription so I can't cancel them, but I may not renew with the time rolls around.

SirenPrincess

(0) Hearts

I have to say I'm really happy with Wantable so far.  It seems very, very customized to what you like.  Like I got exactly what I said I like.  I talked my best friend into subscribing too, and she got different things that she absolutely loves.  Like I like neutral lip glosses and that is what I got and she likes berry lipsticks, and that is what she got.  We both got a really nice brush.  And it seems to me, not even looking at their suggested retail, that I got my money's worth.  Plus, wantable offers if you don't like your box at all, you can send it back.  I think that's cool.

If you want a referral there, PM me.  But I'm sure you've got plenty of other people who could do that too.  And, no, did not say the good stuff about it to get a referral.  I just have been really happy with how personalized it is.  All make-up, and all full size except for a bonus sample.

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I like ipsy but I'm on the fence about canceling them. I just don't like this ipsy match everything I keep getting I put I don't like and I have taken the quiz 3 times.

thesupergirl

(0) Hearts

I'm currently subscribed to ipsy, elf beauty bundle, and julep. I used to get birchbox and pop sugar must have but I have cancelled those.

SirenPrincess

Out of curiosity, what prompted you to cancel the other two?

thesupergirl

I cancelled birchbox last year because I felt like tas box was going down hill. I was getting foil packets and granola bars and candles compared to then I started with birchbox I was either getting deluxe size or full size products. Pop sugar must have I had for 5 months and it was ok but the last 2 boxes I got didn't excite me and I gave everything away. 

hydee77

(0) Hearts

I have been thinking about cancelling Birchbox as well.  I have in my profile the box checked to receive snacks but I have not received anything edible and I've had it for a few months now.

Mariahk83

(0) Hearts

they haven't offered anything edible since early this year..so i'd imagine that's why.

GGrace

(0) Hearts

I just ended up canceling my julep, birchbox and ipsy subs then within like 2 hours I subbed to an entirely different sub service where I get two panties each month for $6. We'll see how that one goes but even if I don't like the service atleast its considerably cheaper then all the ones I just canceled

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 81 replies
  • 26 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • hydee77
    • solveig
    • bvnny
    • syritt
    • miabt