Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Storybook Cosmetics Thread

Once Upon A Time we fell in love with an indie brand...

now we have a place to discuss and post updates as the brand continues to grow! 

WW.png

WWshdes.png

Re: Storybook Cosmetics Thread

@Mcakes - This morning I used the pointy tipped rose brush to apply my blush.  I lightly ran just the just the tip over my bronzer (I use my bronzer as blush) and got the right amount.  I pressed the brush down on my check, so while the tip was laying down the color the fuller part of the brush was spreading/blending at the same time (I hope that makes sense).

Yes I think I'm catching your drift @Titian06 ๐Ÿ˜„ I love that you tried again with the blush application and found a way to work with it ๐Ÿ™‚

Bump! ๐Ÿ™‚

Those are so pretty!! I've used mine a couple of times so far, and they seem to do a pretty good job with powder cosmetics. I noticed the website warns against using them with liquids or creams, though...

@Magycmyste - Thanks for the info about the liquids and creams.  I didn't notice that.

Edit:  The website says, "Brushes may be used with cream and liquids however the bristle density is more suitable for powder formulas."

This is a relief since I was planning to try with cream blush!  Guess I'll see what happens.

I guess I misread that. ๐Ÿ˜„

I'll definitely be looking forward to what you think about using them with creams and liquids! Most of my makeup is powder, anyway, but it would be great if they're all-purpose.

@Mcakes @ZombieMetroAnt (and everyone else) - I received my rose brushes today.  Picture below (and Ivan's tail; he's my new assistant...).  They look just like the picture on the website.  The bristles are soooo soft and medium to medium-firm density.  I was very surprised at how heavy each brush is!  I'm so used to plastic and wooden handles that the heft of these metal handles will be my daily workout each morning!  ๐Ÿ˜„  It will also take a bit to get used to how thin the handles are compared to my other brushes.  I doubt either of these issues will detract from my using the brushes regularly.  I've been wanting to get a new powder brush and one or more blush brushes.  I plan to test these for those uses.

The "unfortunate" part is I just started my summer vacation, so won't be needing makeup much the next couple of weeks!  Ivan has a vet appointment on Friday.  That may be my first makeup day!

5 x 7 in.jpg

Oh @Titian06!  I love these!  Thanks so very much for your pic and Ivan's tail (LOL) Cat LOL  I probably wouldn't have the heart to use these, they are so gorgeous  Heart Enjoy your make-up-free summer vacay & I hope Ivan has a good visit!!

Beautiful!  Thanks for sharing your thoughts!  

Do I spy a kitty tail? ๐Ÿ™‚

@Titian06

@Tamara76 - Yes, you do!  That's Ivan's tail!  This was my first shipment since Isabella passed away.  I was surprised, Ivan was right there to "help" me unwrap everything.  It was like he knew it was his job now!  Of course he's not allowed on the table, but that didn't stop him...  ๐Ÿ˜„

Awwww - He is a sweetie!  He knew he needed to help his mom out! โค๏ธ   @Titian06

So much cuteness in this picture I don't even know where to begin! lol. Ivan's tail is actually a great scale for the size of the bristles ๐Ÿ˜„

These sound like they are great quality, will you please report back once you've had the chance to use and wash them?

Also, that bag is so pretty ๐Ÿ˜„  

@Mcakes - Yes, I'll report on the brushes once I've washed and used them.

The other side of the bag is black with the Shakespeare quote.

I am sorry I am late to this update but their Liquid Lipsticks are available now! They have a bundle with all 4 if you want to save a couple of bucks and they also are being sold individually:

scll.png

sclls.png

Wonder how big this brush is lol

Screen Shot 2017-06-27 at 9.34.20 AM.png

So pretty! I think I'll probably wait of this one - I don't really have room for more brushes. ๐Ÿ˜„

That said, I haven't tried using the toothbrush style makeup brushes yet, so I don't know if I'd like them better or not...

Looks like it could easily swipe foundation across my face in just 2 passes lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I know right... ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

Hi, all!  I got an e-mail from Storybook Cosmetics today with a tracking number.  It said my pre-ordered rose brushes will ship on Thursday, June 29.  I'll post a picture when I get them!

Hooray @Titian06! Can't wait to see your goodies Heart 

I'm so excited to see the big reveal!  

4.JPG

There are so many colors to choose from!  I'm guessing there will be:

- Gold: 

Spoiler
Image result for charlie and the chocolate factory 1971

- Blue: 

Spoiler
Image result for charlie and the chocolate factory 1971