Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Storybook Cosmetics Thread

Once Upon A Time we fell in love with an indie brand...

now we have a place to discuss and post updates as the brand continues to grow! 

WW.png

WWshdes.png

Re: Storybook Cosmetics Thread

I hope they are bright and vibrant! I want to think of candy every time I see the pallet. That movie is such a feast for the eyes.

Whatever this is, I want in!

1.JPG

I am excited about this! 

Jumping into a sea of plush Care Bears would be the best feeling ever 😄 I can't wait to see what this collab is all about!

OMG, this looks SO pretty! Heart

story.JPG

What can it be?  0000000000000.JPG

I'm guessing hairbrush....or toothbrush makeup brush!

And here I was wondering how long it would take before I started reaching for my wallet again. I ought to be ok, as long as it's not limited edition. At this point, I think only the gold and rose gold brushes are...(Please don't be limited edition please don't be limited edition.)

I'm getting Wizard of Oz vibes.

It's either a mirror or their play on the Artis brushes AKA what I thought were toothbrushes a long time ago! 😋

Omg they do look like toothbrushes. That's too funny, @Karmatic! 😄

Hmmm, I see a long piece sticking out at the bottom of the pic...gotta be either a hand held mirror or the end of a brush? Or something else I can't think of lol

'Tis definitely purdy, whatever it is 😄

Woah, what IS that???!!

I think it might be a fancy hand mirror. It looks like it has a handle coming out of the bottom. 

@ZombieMetroAnt @ElleElleG

@lmi82 @RGbrown I think you two are right.

Wow I LOVE how much detail is on it!

My Wizardry and Witchcraft palette has finally arrived! 

wwp1.jpg

wwp2.jpg

wwp3.jpg

A little bit about the ordering experience and shipping/packaging:

Spoiler
I pre-ordered this palette so I had to wait for it to be produced. This is a permanent item for Storybook so their next releases shouldn't take as long as it took for me to get mine. I got the shipping notification email about 12 days before I received the package in the mail. The tracking link they provided in the email did not work and when I reached out to them via Instagram they said to just type the sequence into USPS tracking. 

The palette came extremely well packaged! It came in a Storybook Cosmetics branded light blue box and was cushioned with plenty of bubble wrap. It also was inside a paper sleeve, within a brown dust cover and all inside a plastic covering. 

I am very impressed with the steps they took to make sure the palette would not get damaged. 

The mirror did not come with a plastic overlay in case you were wondering. 

The dust cover and bookmark are very nice extra touches 🙂 The palette itself is pretty sturdy. I do wish they added a texture to it but I'm sure that would have added to the price. The cardboard is smooth so it's already showing some markings, probably why they added so many protective extras.

About the shadows and swatches:

Spoiler
These are just based on finger swatches at the moment. I haven't had the chance to use this on my eyes yet with brushes so updates to come! 

Overall I am very happy with the quality of the shadows with only a couple of duds. Again, this is only based on finger swatching and they may be just fine with brush application. 

Natural Light 
wwp4.jpg
Top to Bottom:
Broomstick, Sorcerer, Cloak, Potions, Prophecy, Salem, Merlin, Bewitched, Cauldron, Spellbook, Charms and Jinx

Artificial Indoor Light
wwp5.jpg
Top to Bottom:
Broomstick, Sorcerer, Cloak, Potions, Prophecy, Salem, Merlin, Bewitched, Cauldron, Spellbook, Charms and Jinx

Broomstick- Very dry compared to most of the shadows. Takes some building up to achieve full pigmentation. 
Sorcerer- Gorgeous shade! So smooth to the touch and glides on effortlessly with full opacity. 
Cloak- Buttery smooth matte shade that is not patchy, very excited to play with this shade for some cool toned looks!
Potions- Beautiful color and similar to the formulation of Sorcerer.
Prophecy- Unfortunately another dry shadow similar to Broomstick. Luckily it is more of a highlight shade and not one that really needs full opacity imo.
Salem- Love this shadow! Similar in formula to Sorcerer and Potions but is a little more sheer in comparison.
Merlin- This is close to Salem in that it comes off a little more sheer and needs to be built up if you want to match the color in the pan but it is beautiful and not patchy.
Bewitched- Stunning metallic shade that glides on with full opacity!
Cauldron- Unique black/gunmetal gray shimmer. 
Spellbook- Not one of my favorites. This one is quite patchy 😞
Charms- Unlike the other shadows this one is very powdery. It's a pretty peachy pink color though. I want to see how this performs with a brush. 
Jinx- Gorgeous! Not quite metallic but it shines more than the shimmers.

Some of the shades compared to the KVD side of the Better Together Collab with Too Faced: 

Spoiler
wwp6.jpg
wwp7.jpgTop to Bottom:
KVD Swoon, SBC Sorcerer, KVD Yours, SBC Cloak, KVD Darling, SBC Jinx, KVD Lovestruck and SBC Bewitched

The Storybook Cosmetics shadows were smoother overall while some of the KVD shadows had some grit to them. 

Thank you for such a thorough review @Mcakes !  The swatches look wonderful on your skin tone and I am LOVING the brown pouch with their logo, so cute!

You're welcome @ElleElleG! Hopefully it helps someone. The dust bag is really cute 😄

@Mcakes You did an amazing review on the palette! Your swatches are so much better than mine lol and make me want the Too Faced palette as well haha. 

Im dropping my swatches here as well just incase someone would like to see them swatched on ghost skin lol. 

IMG_2974.JPG

Your swatches look amazing too @StephaniLynn! Can't wait to hear how you like the palette as you get more use from it 🙂

Thanks for your swatches @StephaniLynn!  Colors look different on everyone.  Your swatches are very helpful.  I love the color just above the blue.  It looks so different on you (in a good way!).

Thanks for the swatches @Mcakes!  I didn't think I would like the colors, but they look so pretty swatched.  I may reconsider purchasing this palette.  Could you share your feelings after you've worn a few of the colors?

Yes I'd be happy to @Titian06!

WOW!!  Those swatches are gorgeous @Mcakes!! 

Image result for clapping gif

Running out the door to run and errand but want to come back and read your post more thoroughly!  Thanks for the beautiful pics Heart  Hey, is that mermaid polish I spot on those pretty nails?

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos123
  • FullSizeRender(20).jpg
  • WW.png
  • WWshdes.png
  • wands.png
  • wands2.png
  • bullseye.png
  • bullseyetop.png
  • bullseyeset.png
  • sisters.png