Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

Storybook Cosmetics Thread

Once Upon A Time we fell in love with an indie brand...

now we have a place to discuss and post updates as the brand continues to grow! 

WW.png

WWshdes.png

Re: Storybook Cosmetics Thread

I just saw these this morning! The packaging is so cute of course lol. I really like that they're vegan 🙂

Update on the Rose Brushes:

brush.png

EEK!  Popsugar had an article yesterday on these, tying them to the B&tB movie (pretty smart marketing) Heart

Spoiler
story.JPG

The live-action Beauty and the Beast movie comes out on March 17, and Disney aficionados are whipping themselves up into a frenzy by shopping all kinds of products inspired by the film. This includes Gap's new kids' collection, an adorable tea set, and now, Storybook Cosmetics is giving us the gift of makeup brushes that look just like the enchanted rose. (Are you squealing as much as we are?)

The brand announced its "What's in a Name" collection late last Winter. It was inspired by Shakespeare's classic play, Romeo & Juliet, but we still think they would make a perfect addition to any Belle cosplay. Storybook Cosmetics shared that the launch would be ready by early Spring, and after weeks of suspense, their team has given us another sneak peek on Instagram.

"One more round of changes and our 'What's in a Name' original rose brushes will be complete!" the caption announced. Though the tools seem positively perfect (the handles look like real stems!) Storybook Cosmetics explained that the team plans to lengthen and darken the bristles. This way, they'll look even more like the velvety petals of a red rose, and those faux "leaves" on the brush's ferrule won't accidentally scratch the face. The team also shared that they'd be changing the bristles to a dark red ombré, making the brush head look more velvety (like petals!).

And yes, though this brush looks like it was snatched from beneath a bell jar that was hidden in the west wing, it's actually part of a bouquet of brushes. We can't wait to see the final set. (A note to anyone looking for a gift for their significant other or best friend: flowers make a lovely present all year round, hint hint!) Keep reading for more shots of the collection.   

That is smart marketing @ZombieMetroAnt! I can only imagine the mayhem if these were already available for sale while the movie launched. 

I totally would have bought them so I could take them with me to the movie for touchups!  😝

LOL @Tamara76! I probably shouldn't be laughing so hard because I  know I would have done the same thing 😛 

Exactly how am I supposed to resist this?

Too precious  *whimpers*

You don't @Insomniacmuffin.... 😛  

I mean...

goldle.png

SO gorgeous! 

movies reactions shocked aladdin genie

@StephaniLynn you may as well keep collecting every set 😉

Ohhh thats the plan;) @Mcakes

Wow!  What the genie says!

Ok @ZombieMetroAnt if you ordered this set you may be getting lucky!!!

doubleorder.png

If you end up with a second set I will happily trade you for something 😄 

What's going on here @Mcakes - I'm liking that crocheted blankie too!

story.JPG

I am thinking highlighters @ZombieMetroAnt!! What do you think?! Or maybe something for their Hunger Games collab.

Oooh, highlighters would be awesome!  I'd go for that Heart 

I've been pretty good at resisting a lot of the new highlighter releases but these would be hard to not get! 

Aaargh!  Highlighters are my kryptonite!  Please let it be something boring and not terribly fabulous.... 😉

*sigh* I think they're going to be taking a lot of my money this year lol

They say they have 4 products in production that are going to be available soon 😮 ! I'm thinking maybe their liquid lipsticks? Or is it something bigger? Can't wait to find out!

Update.png

Update!

rstock.png

Are these the brushes you have @StephaniLynn?  

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos123
  • FullSizeRender(20).jpg
  • WW.png
  • WWshdes.png
  • wands.png
  • wands2.png
  • bullseye.png
  • bullseyetop.png
  • bullseyeset.png
  • sisters.png