Answer
rockstarg
Accepted Solution
Starter Kit

I am really bad at deciding what i need!

What are the best brands for a starter kit in makeup?(poweder, eyehadow, foundation, masscara, highlighter, blush/ bronzer)

I don't want it to be too heavy. I don't think a foundation would be the best, but if you know any light ones, i'll try them.

I have blue eyes, red hair and very pale skin.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
jxw200
Answered
[ Edited ]

Sephora does carry the big palettes year round, and there are a few out right now.

I think it depends on what you're looking for in terms of makeup.

If you're looking for something for flawless skin I would recommend Laura Mercier Flawless Face Kit (great tinted moisturizer with concealer & brushes) or Smashbox Complexion Perfection Kit . Alot of people also like bareMinerals, and sephora carries quite a few sets for that.

The Sephora Favorites Bestsellers kit has quite a lot in it too  - so this may be a good start!

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P295702&categoryId=C19970&shouldPaginate=true

- 0.5 oz Philosophy Hope In A Jar
- 0.05 oz Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin (light shimmering champagne)
- 0.13 oz Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original (sheer nude)
- 0.5 oz Smashbox Photo Finish Primer 
- 0.14 oz Sephora Collection Lipstick in The Red 04 (classic bright red) 
- 1 oz Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Nude (light beige/ for fair to light skin tones) 
- 1.1 oz Nars Illuminator in Orgasm (peachy pink with shimmer) 
- 0.37 oz Buxom Lash Mascara in Blackest Black 
- 0.01 oz Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in black 
- 0.24 oz Marc Jacobs Daisy Rollerball

Also Benefit has a ton of gift sets out right now, and Stila has a bunch of palettes for $14... but there's SO many sets that it really depends on what types of products you're looking for. I recommend checking out the value sets link here - http://www.sephora.com/browse/section.jhtml?categoryId=C19970

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • mangosong
    • lorreen
    • jxw200
    • beautyqueenx
    • rockstarg