Accepted Solution
Starter Kit

I am really bad at deciding what i need!

What are the best brands for a starter kit in makeup?(poweder, eyehadow, foundation, masscara, highlighter, blush/ bronzer)

I don't want it to be too heavy. I don't think a foundation would be the best, but if you know any light ones, i'll try them.

I have blue eyes, red hair and very pale skin.

You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
[ Edited ]

Sephora does carry the big palettes year round, and there are a few out right now.

I think it depends on what you're looking for in terms of makeup.

If you're looking for something for flawless skin I would recommend Laura Mercier Flawless Face Kit (great tinted moisturizer with concealer & brushes) or Smashbox Complexion Perfection Kit . Alot of people also like bareMinerals, and sephora carries quite a few sets for that.

The Sephora Favorites Bestsellers kit has quite a lot in it too  - so this may be a good start!

- 0.5 oz Philosophy Hope In A Jar
- 0.05 oz Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Sin (light shimmering champagne)
- 0.13 oz Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original (sheer nude)
- 0.5 oz Smashbox Photo Finish Primer 
- 0.14 oz Sephora Collection Lipstick in The Red 04 (classic bright red) 
- 1 oz Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 in Nude (light beige/ for fair to light skin tones) 
- 1.1 oz Nars Illuminator in Orgasm (peachy pink with shimmer) 
- 0.37 oz Buxom Lash Mascara in Blackest Black 
- 0.01 oz Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in black 
- 0.24 oz Marc Jacobs Daisy Rollerball

Also Benefit has a ton of gift sets out right now, and Stila has a bunch of palettes for $14... but there's SO many sets that it really depends on what types of products you're looking for. I recommend checking out the value sets link here -

Question Stats
  • 4 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 5 in conversation