Cheer14

Smashbox CC cream issues

(0) Hearts

have been using the smashbox cc cream for about 2 months now, however recently it has been really sticking and looking cakey around my acne patches. All I use currently is a generic clean and clear moisturizer and the cc cream. I recently had a makeover at a store and I loved the Shiseido moisturizer that was used as well as the Makeup Forever Color Correcting Primer. I am thinking one of these might help the CC cream to apply better, but I do not know which one to try. I can only afford one right now which is why I am asking for help. Thanks

Samshoediva

Re: Smashbox CC cream issues

(0) Hearts

I use the smashbox face primer and benefit porefessional under neath my smashbox cc cream and it works fantastic. I'm totally in love with the cc cream it makes my skin look so radiant. 

curliegirlz

(0) Hearts

Hey, can you let me know how this turned out for you? I am considering adding a smashbox primer under their cc cream because i feel like, especially around my eyes, that the CC and concealer is sinking into the wrinkles i am way to young to have! I also have occasion hormonal breakouts that eventually turn crusty and notice that the CC isn't

a heavy enough moisturizer in those cases so I usually apply Waxalene, an organic petroleum alternative made from bees wax to protect and heal that scabby skin and allow for smooth application of the CC.

lylysa

(0) Hearts

By chance have you gotten to experiment with using a primer first?

Though CC and BB creams tote priming benefits, if you're having to deal with additional problems such as blemish prone areas, dry patches, or even deeper lines/wrinkles, the priming aspects of the CC may not be enough.

Try a silicone/dimethicone based primer which has a silky texture and provides more of a barrier on skin, especially over problematic areas.

I would opt for the primer, check out some of the Smashbox ones (they offer color correcting and even one for blemish prone skin) in trial sizes so you can spend less to test a product out and see if it's something you want to invest in a full size of.

Cheer14

I had tried it with the too faced because I had a leftover tube, but I noticed it wasn't going on evenly and it had a weird flaky look all over my cheeks, and I do not have dry skin. The too faced hasn't ever worked for me so it probably isn't a good example. I will try out the smashbox.

lylysa

With silicone/dimethicone based primers, if flaking/rolling of product occurs it can be caused either by using too much (start with just a pea sized amount and then add a touch more if needed) or if the primer layered over your moisturizer is too emollient. Most moisturizers contain dimethicone, and when too much is applied, it can bead up on itself when too pressure from spreading or applying product is used.

Try to gently apply and glide product onto skin rather than rub. If this doesn't help and neither does trying it with a different lotion, try another brand of primer.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • curliegirlz
    • Cheer14
    • Samshoediva