andyhtrieu

Sigma problems

[ Edited ]

I just watched a video from a YouTuber named Lisasz09 and she discussed some problems with Sigma. She went on a small rant and started explaining her problems with Sigma brushes. The problem was that her older Sigma brushes were completely falling apart. Chunks of bristles would fall out and the ferrules were coming loose. Her brushes weren't even that old. She takes very good and careful care of her brushes. Lisa also said that as the prices are going up, the quality of the products are going down. 

Lisa was talking to the owner of Sigma, Simone and brought up the point that Sigma's prices were getting too high. She also said that as the prices are going up, the quality of the products are going down. After that, Simone unfollowed her on twitter, stopped sending Lisa special packages, and completely ignored all of her emails. I mean, really? Was that necessary? 

This completely made me uninterested in trying a Sigma product. Will any of you continue to purchase from Sigma?

arclightlux

Re: Sigma problems

(0) Hearts

I think the only good brushes from Sigma are from the Sigmax line, but even then there are other brands with similar brushes that perform just as well if not better at more affordable prices.  The rest of the brushes are scratchier MAC knockoffs.  They're also so stingy with shipping. They are the only large company I know of to this day that charges shipping fees by weight.  It's insane.  Most companies will offer free shipping if you spend X amount, which is smarter because it encourages people to spend more to get free shipping.  It's usually like $25-$50 so it's not outrageous since makeup is expensive anyway, but with Sigma you have to spend $1000 to get free shipping.  It's nice they always have 10% off, but if you order a few brushes then the cost of shipping if even more than the 10% you get off so really you're not getting anything off the brushes.  That coupled with the fact that the owner is apparently a kind of an itch with a B makes it unlikely I'd repurchase Sigma brushes.  Also, it was annoying how the Sigma line at IMATS took up so much space.  I think if Sigma didn't go to IMATS there would have been less bratty kids there and would have made for a more enjoyable event.  

carolang

Yeah... I've never had any desire to purchase sigma brushes.

aviscardi

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

As of late, i haven't used my Sigmax brushes so i can't really say. but i have had them for about 2yrs and they're holding up fine. They seem like the best quality amongst all their brushes. as for the face brushes, im not a fan. i loved their powder brush - the long and short handle but they get scratchy after a while and continue to shed. the TF brush that lisa uses for bronzer all over looks like the brush i want, but its sooo $$. i haven't been able justify it just yet lol

but i do like their eye brushes, blending e25 & e35 , eyeliner and a few from the performance set. that being said the snh cost is just ridic and so i def don't order as much. I'm  now on the hunt to find a replacement for the e35 and e25 since that is what i use the most. if anyone knows of one. ive tried sedonas version but its not the same. 

Wayne goss brushes-- ive bought 3 and that is some serious quality. the 06 is very close to sigma e25. and i just got the 18 and 19. i forget which  one is very similar to a mac 239, slightly longer

realitygreene

(0) Hearts

I don't own any Sigma brushes but I have a few on my wishlist and am so torn about purchasing them! The prices have sky rocketed lately! It's so ridiculous. :smileysad:

I wish I could order some brushes from Shaaanxo's brand but hers are a little expensive too.

I guess I will stick with my Real Techniques.

annypoo

(0) Hearts

I remember the mrs bunny travel set being $50 and now its $75!

JaclynSophia

I bought a Sigma F80 and it fell apart within less than a year. Sigma was amazing and when I emailed them about my problem and supplied a picture, they sent me a brand new brush, free of charge. Even though my old brush fell apart, my experience with me made me want to purchase more products from them in the future. :smileyhappy:

GlamMomAngel

(0) Hearts

I have a ton of sigma brushes.  I LOVE them!  I haven't experienced any shedding, but 2 (flat top kabuki or tapered highlighter brush) have loose ferrules.

I wanted to order more for my kit (I am a MUA), but when I noticed the prices went up I changed my mind.  I have MAC pro and with my discount most of the brushes are the same price as sigma.

I also want to try Sedona lace.  I don't own any personally, but ppl I know that do like them better than sigma

beauty4ashes

If a product is poor quality, what's wrong with telling the truth?

That's the biggest problem with being a popular Youtuber.

They send you free things to review yet when you don't give a glowing review, sometimes they cut you off for being honest. I think it's wrong to mislead people because of freebies. 

dziggi

(0) Hearts

I've never bought anything from them but my friends have and it's usually the same complaint. My friend takes care of her brushes meticulously and one of her foundation brushes started falling apart after three months.

I usually take these guru raved products (Sigma, Whitening Lightning, Million Dollar Tan, Bellami) with a grain of salt. I'm sure I'd be signing their praises too if I was on their payroll.

kellsmuneoka

I think most youtube gurus are on payroll for sigma. I only listen to wayne goss now because everyone has biased reviews.

BuxomBabe80

Definitely agree that Wayne Goss is honest. I also really trust YoungWildAndPolished and VintageOrTacky. Nicole and Cora both seem very honest from what I can tell! :smileyhappy:

m3rma1d

Word. Wayne Goss fearlessly keeps it real. 

melde

I haven't purchased Sigma and after reading this and now I'm glad. I have always found it a little shady that many YT gurus are on their payroll.

JayReed

[ Edited ]

I have a pro membership with them and own a couple of brushes, they are nothing spectacular, but they aren't bad at all. I prefer using my beauty blender or my MAC stippling brush. I can totally say there customer service lacks, when I first started using Sigma, there was a set I was interested in and checked out using my Pro membership (I didn't see anywhere that I couldn't use a pro discount with a set) and a couple weeks later I was wondering what happened to them and I called and they told me my order was cancelled. I never received any notice, nothing. My refund was credited though a few days after. I would have loved it, if they had called me and explained and gave me the option, but nothing. Pretty crappy considering they have no idea if I was a business or what not. 

As for Lisa- I can't stand her. She is always complaining about something and is way too picky and not personable for my liking, That's just me though. I do not agree with dipping your brush in a cup of 91% alcohol, for skin care and brush care purposes. 

Long story short, no, her review does not change my mind. Her personal opinion, If I never bought anything someone said was bad, I would own NOTHING! lol

roxystar4

I have 3 sigma brushes (Im a YouTuber but not affiliated with Sigma). I haven't owned them very long, but Honestly, the quality is not all that great. If someone is looking for good quality, I think it would be worth it to spend the extra money to try Wayne Goss (I have one brush and it's amazing). And I know a lot of other girls here on BT love hakuhodo (I have one brush and really like that as well). 

I stopped typing for a minute and took two brushes to compare (sigma and the Hakuhodo). The hakuhodo is way softer and materials used to make them are better (ferrules and handle are higher quality). 

I'm not going to purchase Sigma anymore, not because of what happened with Lisasz09, but because I can feel and see a difference in quality in my own hand. I'd rather have a brush that lasts. I don't use alcohol on my brushes but I can see that Sigma's quality pales in comparison of other brands.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

which hakuhodo do you have? dupes for sigma ones

deannarp

(0) Hearts

I read a copy of the sigma affiliates handbook online. After that, I doubt I will ever trust a youtuber or bloggers opinion on sigma if they have an affiliation.

firefly02

(0) Hearts

sounds interesting... link please?

CeliaV

(0) Hearts

There's no linking allowed here.  Mods will take down threads with outside links.

firefly02

:\ How noob of me... thanks anyway!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 37 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • roxystar4
    • klbandy