andyhtrieu

Sigma problems

[ Edited ]

I just watched a video from a YouTuber named Lisasz09 and she discussed some problems with Sigma. She went on a small rant and started explaining her problems with Sigma brushes. The problem was that her older Sigma brushes were completely falling apart. Chunks of bristles would fall out and the ferrules were coming loose. Her brushes weren't even that old. She takes very good and careful care of her brushes. Lisa also said that as the prices are going up, the quality of the products are going down. 

Lisa was talking to the owner of Sigma, Simone and brought up the point that Sigma's prices were getting too high. She also said that as the prices are going up, the quality of the products are going down. After that, Simone unfollowed her on twitter, stopped sending Lisa special packages, and completely ignored all of her emails. I mean, really? Was that necessary? 

This completely made me uninterested in trying a Sigma product. Will any of you continue to purchase from Sigma?

CeliaV

Re: Sigma problems

I found out via getting a thread accidentally shut down with a link when I first came so no worries :smileywink:

ayen85

(0) Hearts

I emailed sigma a few months ago regarding a problem with their brush handles. They never bothered to message me back. Oh well! I'd rather splurge on a $250 set from zoeva than purchase again from sigma.they are completely  overhyped,i rarely use some of the brushes from my mr bunny set! i also have issues with their handles bumping in my mirror whenever i apply my makeup,cant they make them shorter?

deannarp

(0) Hearts

I watched youtuber The Candy Show just yesterday who said sigma brushes were the only ones she owned that shed on a regular basis. She hauled Bobbi brown and sephora brushes and will never buy sigma again. She had no affiliation with sigma. 

klbandy

(0) Hearts

I have watched Lisa for awhile and while I love her videos, I feel like its her opinion. . If you watch her videos, she is constantly on the hunt for brushes and doesn't like many of brands like Chanel, Bobbi Brown, and even Tom Ford besides select ones. She is very picky with what she wants. I've had my Sigma brushes for 3 years and I haven't had any problems. Some of them I like better then others of course. Theres always going to be someone who has a bad experience with a company and her experience isn't going to influence my thoughts. To me it purely just depends on the product that I get and the experience I have. 

divagirl90

(0) Hearts

I brought the Jaclyn Hill beauty box which included 7 brushes and I brought an E45. I have been using them for about a month and haven't noticed any major problems with the brushes. I have not noticed any shedding. I still prefer my MAC brushes because I feel like the Sigma "dupes" for MAC brushes aren't true dupes. Sigma brushes aren't bad brushes at all. They're average. I think the F80 is a bit over-hyped. I reach for my Sedona Lace buffer brush more (and it's black & pink). At the moment, I don't think that I will buy more Sigma brushes.

floridab

[ Edited ]

Hello. I have seen her videos too, and I think she has problems with a lot of brushes shedding (sigma, Bobbi Brown, etc) because she uses alcohol to clean her brushes.  I have seen her video where she shows putting the whole brush end into a cup of alcohol and I believe that is why the brushes are shedding. The alcohol is loosening the glue that is holding bristles into the ferrule.  It's ok to spritz alcohol onto the bristles to sanitize, but if you continue to dip the whole brush end into alcohol, then you will experience shedding. I have had all of my brushes (sigma, real techniques, Tom ford, hakihodo, Marc Jacobs, the whole range) for a long  while and never have any shedding from any of them.  

andyhtrieu

Oh, I don't think I saw that video. I watched her most recent one where she said that she uses either the Beauty Blender Solid and the Master's Brush Cleaner and Preserver. 

floridab

Hello.  I started watching her a few years ago and she was using alcohol to clean all her brushes.  She has had a few rants lately about Wayne Goss brushes(handles too short), hakihodo (didn't like and they wouldn't take it back)  I am done with her, if she doesn't get something from a company for free, she bashes them.  She received an airbrush makeup set and she loved it long enough to make the video, then you never heard about it again.  So many of the YouTube  ladies are hyping product that are supplied to them, so I never pay any attention to how much they "Love" the product or device.  

andyhtrieu

I noticed that she always criticizes everything. There's always something about a product that she doesn't like. 

Biedazzle

(0) Hearts

I have only had my first set of sigma brushes for about a month but so far I'm loving them! I really hope they end up lasting me because they were quite expensive. They definitely make my eyeshadow and foundation go on flawlessly. 

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

Honestly, I have no issues with any of my Sigma brushes and I've had them for about a year now. I prefer my Sigma E55 to my MAC 239 because it packs on shadows and pigments better {in my opinion}. My MAC 239 is good, and I love to use it for matte shadows, but for anything with shimmer in it or pure pigments I go to my E55, I'm actually planning on ordering another one as soon as I have the money to do so.

I will say that I was unaware of youtube guru's being paid to review the brushes and tools before I bought my brush set, but I'm happy with my purchase either way. I just wish they didn't feel the need to lie about it if they felt the product really isn't that great. 

firefly02

Honestly, I can't say that I'm surprised.

When I got my first Sigma brush order in about 3 years ago, I just looked at it and was like: "oh, so they send out different stuff for those youtube gurus". That's the way I feel to this day, or at least that's what I hope, because there are so many gurus out there raving about Sigma these days, I'd hate to think they get the same crappy stuff and still sing their praises. In that order two out of the bunch (I think there were 7, but I can't be sure) had weird hairs coming out and just looked bad, and that's what I thought before I even got to use them!

Yes, most of them are good for like a year or so, then they start falling apart like crazy. So, when I know I can't invest in some good quality brushes, and I I don't like the Real Techniques alternative, I buy from Sigma. I did stop buying their face brushes, and buy eye brushes only.

To paraphrase my late granddad, "you get what you pay for".

infinitise

I'm so glad that someone finally started speaking truth 

I was into Sgima for a while but I never purchased them because when you type in "sigma brush honest reviews," some people already have "real" reviews about them and I found these at the last minute before I made the purchase. 

I know we pay for the brand name and advertisement all the time, but most of them still have great quality products.. but I couldn't stand the idea of paying for the youtubers in one way or another for their fake reviews and getting brushes that won't last in return.. 

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

Read this and immediately started typing "sigma brush honest re..." into the search bar. 

BlushHoarder

(0) Hearts

Interesting. I own some Sigma brushes and have never heard anything but praise. Good to learn about the experiences of others. Will keep in mind. Thanks andyhtrieu

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 37 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • aviscardi
    • roxystar4
    • klbandy
    • floridab
    • divagirl90
    • melde