LariTheLoud

Setting Powders!

I'm looking to try a new setting powder that will keep my t-zone matte without drying my flakey and dry patches. Basically, I'd like a nice soft-focus effect that will help blur my large pores. I currently use Hourglass Ethereal Glow as a setting powder, but I would rather use it as a finishing powder as it is intended. I've narrowed it down to Urban Decay Naked Skin Loose Finishing Powder, Nars Light Reflecting Loose Powder, Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder, or Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder. Anyone have any experience with these powders? Am I just being crazy and they all perform basically the same? ;-) Open to suggestion as well! Thanks!

tracygirl64

Re: Setting Powders!

Well, I'm truly questioning if I just used it wrong. Again, I did use it with Naked Foundation (which I did not end up liking with my combo-oily skin). So, when I returned the foundation, I went ahead and returned the powder along with it. But, I'm thinking it's just the foundation I didn't like and I didn't really give the powder a chance. I think I might go back and buy it to give it a go again, and give it a true chance. lol.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

did you use it to set, and not like the cvg? and are you talking about the loose or pressed

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

Hi aviscardi, what does cvg mean? Sorry for my ignorance. I used the Naked foundation and only used the loose Naked powder at the end of my makeup with a fluffy brush. So, I guess I used it as a finishing powder? 

aviscardi

sorry, coverage. yes did you use powder blush and bronzer and then the loose lastly? was it not enough coverage. or maybe the slightly color interfered with the products under

tracygirl64

(0) Hearts

Yes, I used my Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Powder Blush in Exposed, no bronzer, and then lastly dusted the Naked loose powder with a fluffy kabuki brush. I'm wondering if I should have concentrated the powder more...I didn't use that much. Maybe press it into the skin on top and then buff it in? Would that help it be a setting and finishing powder?

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

Maybe try it overtop your liquid instead to set it and then go ahead and apply your blush. 

lucyshnoosy

You look great!  Are you using the pressed or loose powder?

BrennaBombshell

Loose! And thank you. :smileyhappy:

This is it, and I use it in Light. 

lucyshnoosy

Thanks!  The light shade might be a good choice for me, too.  I think I will check it out the next time I am in a Sephora store. 

I already own the Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush, which I really like.

aviscardi

this looks amazing i can't wait to get mine. It should be here tomorrow. Just curious what shade are you , if you use liquid or pressed? I was surprised how yellow the medium light looked so i ordered light in the loose.

lucyshnoosy

This is good to know - I have to avoid yellow tones, so the light might be my best bet too.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

what shades are you? in either liquid or pressed if you wear?

BrennaBombshell

I am 1Y05. I use Hourglass Immaculate in Shell for my foundation. I'm very fair with neutral undertones. I use the UD loose finishing powder in the shade Light. I think it can work with all undertones, it's very neutral. Nothing too heavily pink or yellow. And there's no shine in flash photos, so you don't have to worry about that either. :smileyhappy: 

aviscardi

lol cool. I think it should work for me. i was afraid that medium light would pull too yellow on me. I did just order another pressed in medium light. I hit pan on my medium and that was pretty forgiving even tho it had more color to it

tracygirl64

Wow, it really does look like the photo is edited! Those are some amazing results, absolutely flawless! I did try that powder when I tried the Naked foundation, but I did not like the Naked foundation. So, I'm assuming that's why I didn't think that I liked the powder either. I'll have to try it with my regular foundation now and see how it looks with it! :smileyhappy:

BrennaBombshell

And trust me, if I'd edited it, I'd have gotten rid of the undereye bags. -_- I hate those things. *shakes fist* darn you genetics, darrrnnn yooouu!!

tracygirl64

lol. I have dark under-eye circles, yours are pretty much non-existent! I don't even see the undereye bags you are talking about. ahahaha.

BrennaBombshell

(0) Hearts

I've been using Boscia Enlivening Amino-AG (or AG-Amino, I can never remember) eye treatment for the past three weeks and it's seriously made a difference, but I guess we're all our own worst critics. :smileyhappy: 

BrennaBombshell

Definitely try it with your normal foundation. I didn't like the Naked foundation either, didn't match my skintone right. But this with my regular stuff is really great! You want to make sure not to apply it too heavily. It's got that super slick, silky feel to it, which is amazing, but sometimes it's easy to go overboard because it feels like nothing is really going on your skin. And make sure to buff it a little bit, so it's not just sitting on top of your skin. :smileyhappy: THank you!

laurennnlove

wow, you're face looks airbrushed brenna!! but its also natural and not too heavy, i love it!

BrennaBombshell

Thanks! I was just shocked. I probably looked like a crazy person sitting on my porch taking oodles of photos, but I just couldn't believe the results. I could kiss the SA that sold me the powder! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 69 replies
  • 81 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • jojobe
    • aviscardi
    • tracygirl64
    • talinder
    • latinadiva
    • lucyshnoosy