LariTheLoud

Setting Powders!

I'm looking to try a new setting powder that will keep my t-zone matte without drying my flakey and dry patches. Basically, I'd like a nice soft-focus effect that will help blur my large pores. I currently use Hourglass Ethereal Glow as a setting powder, but I would rather use it as a finishing powder as it is intended. I've narrowed it down to Urban Decay Naked Skin Loose Finishing Powder, Nars Light Reflecting Loose Powder, Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder, or Tarte Smooth Operator Finishing Powder. Anyone have any experience with these powders? Am I just being crazy and they all perform basically the same? ;-) Open to suggestion as well! Thanks!

LariTheLoud

Re: Setting Powders!

(0) Hearts

Now THAT sounds like my saving grace - fixing cracked makeup!!! I have problems with both oil on my forehead/nose and super dryness around my mouth and on my chin. Severely combination skin makes it very difficult to find products that work well for me.

I didn't know much about Josie Maran's products aside from her Argan Oil so I think I'll give that a try next. I'll swatch it in store to double-check the right color for me.

IAmLadyLiterary

It seriously is my saving grace.  I also have sinus issues so I blow my nose so often at work, so obviously the foundation on my nose gets worn off, I keep this at my desk so I can touch up my nose.  The sponge that comes with it is great, I use the spongy side to blur the cracks and then use the powder side to apply the powder.  

And I warn you once you start using her products you don't stop, it's a slippery slop :smileyhappy:  I would probably say fair/light for your skin from your pic but swatch to be sure.  

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

Also foundation always melts off my nose first no matter what I do. Excellent bonus to help with that.

LariTheLoud

(0) Hearts

I'm white as heck, so it would not surprise me if I were Fair/Light. ;-)

IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

I find it does actually blend it well with my skin, I also use it instead of concealer in spots that need coverage that I don't want to cake concealer on (usually my chin).  I love it.  Seriously it is a HG product.  

brittany0859

I have used the Tarte Smooth Operator and I love it for blurring pores, it does nothing to help with my oil. I find that I have to use a mattifying powder for anything to help with my oil (and I'm not even that oily, just my forehead mainly), so for that I like Becca Blot powder. 

LariTheLoud

Darn... Glad to know it blurs pores, at least. I could always keep an arsenal of plotting papers on hand.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 69 replies
  • 81 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • jojobe
    • aviscardi
    • tracygirl64
    • talinder
    • latinadiva
    • lucyshnoosy