Daniela1387

Sephora Makeup Starter Kit?

(0) Hearts

I really think that Sephora should come up with a makeup starter kit for those who are just getting into makeup incorporating the different brands the company sells. What do you guys think? If there was a Sephora makeup starter kit what would you like to see in it? Maybe we can inspire the company to make oneeee *crosses fingers*

What I would like to see...

BB Cream: Boscia BB Cream
Foundation: Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup or Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Foundation

Primer: Makeup Forever HD Microperfecting Primer

Eyeshadow Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion

Eyeshadow: Tarte or Too Face palette (with neutrals and shimmers)

Blush: Nars orgasm

Lipstick: Buxom (Two-Timer & Provocateur)

Eyeliner: Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil

melissabt

Re: Sephora Makeup Starter Kit?

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone! I'll be sure to pass along your idea to the appropriate department:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
1Emily

I think that's a great Idea! I'd like to see:

Primer- Smashbox Photofinish (with a choice of which one)

Concealer - Laura Mercier Undercover Pot
BB Cream - Dr. Jart or something that is more universally
flattering, something that's not extra dewy or matte

Foundation - Bare Minerals Original Formula
Setting Powder - Tarte Amazonian Clay

Blush/Bronzer - Nars Orgasm/Laguna duo

Eye Primer - Too Faced Shadow Insurance or Urban Decay Primer Potion
Eye Shadow - Just a little duo or something, maybe even Sephora brand
Eyeliner - Stila Stay All Day Waterproof
Mascara - Lancome Hypnose

Lipstick - Something from Bite Beauty

Lip Gloss - Any of the Nars glosses

colorobsession

The Sephora Favorites Super Stars kit is kind of like this, although it usually incorporates some skincare and fragrance as well. It would be pretty neat if they did one that was just makeup, even if they were deluxe/travel sizes, do do a whole face.

I would probably include:

- BB or CC Cream (Dr Jart+, since that one is pretty popular)

- Face Primer (I love Benefit's the Porefessional)

- Eye primer (NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base)

- Blush (Tarte Amazonian Clay)

- Bronzer (Too Faced Chocolate Soleil)

- Finishing Powder (MUFE HD Microfinish Powder

- Eyeliner (Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Eye Pencil)

- Eyeshadow (Lots of good options, I'd be happy with, including Sephora brand)

- Mascara (Diorshow, mostly because I've heard such good things and never tried it!)

- Lipstick and/or lipgloss (Once again, SO many good options, from a Buxom Lip Stick, to OCC Lip Tar, to Bite or Laura Mercier)

- Eye makeup remover or makeup removing wipes (Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes, or Clinique Take the Day Off)

mafan

Have you seen this one:

http://www.sephora.com/super-stars-beauty-essentials-P379411?skuId=1521830

I think it's a good starter set (and actually contains the blush that you mention.)

I think that having a foundation or even a BB cream in the kit would be a tough thing to do.  There are so many different skin tones, types of foundation, levels of coverage, etc, that it would be hard to put it into a kit.  Even with a great kit, I think a foundation should be separate.  (I can't tell you how many samples I've seen that just don't work for me at all.  Some lines just don't make shades for some people.)  And a BB cream would be very difficult for someone with darker skin tones.

A full palette would make a kit fairly expensive, although what you mention would suit a number of people,  I am surprised that this kit doesn't contain a shadow primer, which I do think would make sense.

Daniela1387

(0) Hearts

I have seen this kit (and have totally been itching to buy it lol)...its actually one of the reasons I was inspired to create this post because I see all kinds of beauty kits advertised on Sephora, other beauty stores and websites but what I'm thinking about is something thats more basic for someone who is justtt getting into makeup and needs the basics but not necessarily the best selling items that Sephora has to offer. I know that when I got into makeup a year ago (I'm 25 now) I was completely lost as to what to get from a makeup basics standpoint. If Sephora had a nice beginner's kit with ideas, suggestions and information on how to use the products (even if you were directed to Sephora's website that has videos that could show you how the products are used) in order to learn and work with the products in the kit it would make wearing makeup and purchasing more and more easier and much more fun at least in my opinion. =)

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • mafan
    • colorobsession
    • 1Emily
    • Daniela1387