Meg82

Scaled Back Beauty Routine in the Heat?

Do you guys scale back your beauty routine when it's hot out?  The past few days have been hideous here and so I've just been doing BB cream, mascara, and lip gloss (I just bought the Bite 15 for Sephora so I've been having a lot of fun with lip gloss).

Do you guys dial back your routine when it's hot out or do you still do your full routine?

serioustree

Re: Scaled Back Beauty Routine in the Heat?

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I completely skip foundation/bb cream. My skin color changes every day and I suck at mixing colors.  HaHahahaha

I stop wearing blush and only wear bronzer

Everything else is the same!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I dial back- or more appropriately, I swap products.

Foundation becomes tinted moisturizer

Mascara becomes waterproof

Primer under everything

Eye makeup all becomes waterproof

Often, no blush- because I'll be flushed from the heat.

prosopon

(0) Hearts

I don't have to change my make up, but I do have to change my skin care routine.

missjr

I've been lucky so far this summer.  Last year was ridiculously hot and humid and we had several 100+ degree days in Washington, D.C.  So I invested in some great products that wear very well during the summer months.  I still do a full face for work, because I want to look polished but still natural.  Most of my focus is on protecting my skin.  I definitely use sunscreen and the Murad OIl-Control Mattifier SPF 15, which is my holy grail moisturizer for the summer.  I also use the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer SPF 15, which makes my makeup water resistant.  If I do wear foundation, I alternate on any given day between the water-based MUFE Face & Body and the NARS powder foundation.  I set the liquid foundation with the Tarte Micronized Clay Finishing Powder, which keeps me looking matte and cool all day.  I also use the UD De-Slick Oil-Control Setting Spray, which is a godsend.  My NARS highlighting/blush duo is all I need for cheek color, along with a light tint or stain for my lips.  My eye shadow tends to be neutral-colored powders or if I want a pop of color with lasting power, I love MUFE Aqua Cream shadows and eye pencils.  A little goes a long way. 

Of course, I keep my Boscia green tea blotting papers in my purse and drink lots of water.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

DC summers are just uncivilized. I'm having awful flashbacks to last summer and the horrible storms around this time.

I never understand tourists in the summer- DC and NYC are two places I'd give anything to avoid.

runy

Hey missjr I'm in dc too!!

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

i usually wear tons, but since its about 90 at least every day where i am its so hard for me, so i've cut back to like concealer, foundation, powder (ive found the powder holds everything together better and makes me look less oily then if i use just foundation) 

and then waterproof mascara & gel liner

everything else bascially melts off my face :smileysad:

but if its a night where i want to wear alot of makeup, i'll just use the urban decay "All-nighter" it really makes a big difference

bearsmom

I don't, putting on my makeup is one of my favorite parts of the day.  I keep my basic face the same, but my eyes and lip color are constantly changing!!!!  But my sister does, she wears much less makeup in the summer, and still look great!!!

bearsmom

(0) Hearts

I need to add, I live in West Texas, the part where the desert is ending and the Hill Country is beginning, and hot is just a way of life.  If I only wore makeup when I didn't think it might sweat off, I would wear it Nov-Feb only.  We don't have seasons, we have 6 hot months, 4 cold months, and two months of indecisiveness.  

runy

(0) Hearts

I don't skip foundation, because I need the coverage but luckily the foundation I'm using now UD Naked Skin feels invisible on the skin.  I do dial back on everything else.  I concentrate on getting sunscreen in, do away with heavy eyeshadow or products I know will melt off my skin and I don't really like gloss on a sticky day either.  So yes, all in all a little colored liner, some stay put products, and sunscreen!

waterbaby1981

(0) Hearts

Yes.  I usually just do sunscreen, tinted moisturizer and lip gloss/balm that has SPF as well.  I'm lucky enough to have clear skin that can go without makeup too...which is what I've done the past few days since it's been really nice (and really warm).  Full routine during the summer is only if we're going somewhere.

malissa13

i skip on foundation just because mine will always sweat off midway through the day. but i do eyes and concealer. 

but when it's too hot i just do mascara, which it's been like close to 100 degree's were i live... i can't handle the heat

sephoralovex

I usually do my full routine. Only because I can stand the hot weather haha.. But some days where it's like over the top hot humid sweaty weather, I go with no makeup. Or just a BB cream or TM.

DesertRose0706

Wher eI live it gets to be over 100 degrees easily, so I try to use lighter products such as tinted moisturizers, bb creams, lip balms, stains, etc.  I also keep my looks really simple and don't use as much eye makeup or contouring products.  This feels better on my skin in the heat and looks more natural/summery :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa

Yep, I definitely scale back how much TM/foundation I use. It seems pointless to spend all the time applying, blending and setting to have it slide off after a short time outside. I stick to mascara, waterproof liner, lip and cheek stain and that's about it. Shadows stay at home in the air conditioning except if I'm going out where I know the restaurant or theatre will have the A/C cranked up!

lolo01

During the summer heat in Texas---ugh I switch my foundation to Immaculate by Hourglass... its very matte and does do its job. I do tone down the rest of it no blush because with this heat of 100+degrees my cheeks will be flushed on their own. I also tone down my eye-shadows to matte and neutral look vs glittery etc.

Arlandria88

Those first days of super hot humid weather always make me want to just wash my makeup off and go bare faced for the summer, but I quickly change my mind. This year was no exception. I went without makeup for about a week and it did feel refreshing but I got tired of looking undone. I'm back to the full face everyday with blotting papers and pressed powder at the ready for frequent touch ups. I also carry the purse size Evian spray. I know it's just water in a can but it really does cool me off, freshen my makeup, and make me feel hydrated.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • runy
    • prettyinpa
    • prosopon
    • sephoralovex
    • malissa13
    • waterbaby1981