StraightRhodes

Samples Made Me Buy It

What have you gotten as a sample or deluxe sample and loved so much you had to get it full size? (Or plan to get it full size)

For me:

They're Real by Benefit
Diorshow Lash Maximizer Lash Primer 

Kat Von D Lipstick in Celebutard

Tainted Love Perfume by TokyoMilk Dark

Tarte BB cream

olivanova

Re: Samples Made Me Buy It

[ Edited ]

They're Real by Benefit

Tarte BB cream

Tarte cheek stain (I actually bought the trial size on ebay and loved it)

SK-II Essential Treatment Essence (also got the small size on ebay)

UD 24/7 eye pencil

REN glycolic lactic radiance renewal mask

Bite Rouge lipstick

UD make-up setting spray (the original one)

and I'm considering Caudalie Premier Cru eyecream - waiting for the sale in November to get it.

caliglow66

Sephora Super supreme body butter

Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion

Tarte Maracuja Oil

I fell in love with Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm after getting a sample but $105 for 1.7 oz??? If it wasn't so expensive I definitely would have purchased it by now.

I'm still on the hunt for the perfect mascara so I'm trying whatever I can that comes as a sample. Mascara / eyeshadow samples are so hard to come by from Sephora!

kalex

(0) Hearts

I loved that cleansing balm too!  I can see paying that much for a treatment or moisturizer that stays on your skin all day, but for something you wash off seconds later?  Not worth it.

caliglow66

(0) Hearts

Yeah I just got out of college so that's WAY out of my price range for face wash!  It's the only cleanser I've used that I noticed my face looked refreshed and brighter immediately after using. Maybe someday lol

shinybananas

Hourglass veil primer. 

IPKN BB cream

Rouge Bunny Rouge Lilt perfume 

Suki exfoliant cleanser

These are all samples I plan on purchasing in the future.

garnett

Flowerbomb

Marc Jacobs Remedy Concealer Pen 

Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin cream & liquid

Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha/Beta Peel pads (extra strength)

Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencil 

Too Faced Eye Insurance eye primer

Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara

I know there is more but it's 2:23AM here and my brain left me and went to bed.  :smileyhappy:

MermaidBarbie

[ Edited ]

Nest perfume: Dahlia & Vines (card sample at Sephora)

KVD Tattoo Liner in Trooper (came with tattoo foundation and Celebutard mini lippie)

Benefit Cosmetics High Beam (mini; don't remember with what)

Benefit Cosmetics Stay Don't Stray (packet)

Philosphy Purity Made Simple (foil packet)

Bare Minerals Original Foundation (deluxe sample that came in shade Light, but my shade is Fairly Light)

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real Mascara (deluxe sample)

Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (mini came with duo La Fleur)

I'm sure there's more, but I can't remember all of them.

StraightRhodes

I've yet to try the Liner that came with the Kat Von D sample set. Guess I will since you liked it enough to consider buying.

I love the Nest Perfumes too. I'm considering buying the coffret. 

spoiledbrat

@StraightRhodes, the nest coffret is awesome IMO, the bottles are gorgeous - there were 2 i did not care for but ok because of the bottles.

You will not regret buying the full size Shiseido, their products are wonderful. They have a great $25 kit here and at Nordstroms you can buy the $25 kit and say the cotton squares and get a gift between 60-70 bucks for free. Just buy any 2 items, no minimum purchase! It will get you another bigger bottle of lotion.

StraightRhodes

(0) Hearts

That's nice to know about the Nordstroms! Is this available on their website as well? I don't like anywhere near a Nordstroms.

Yeah I've 'sniffed' all the Nest perfumes at my local Sephora and I do like them all pretty much so I'm excited to get the coffret.

MermaidBarbie

You'll love the tattoo liner. Easy to create the winged look. The nest perfumes are awesome, too. I was torn between Midnight Fleur and Dahlia & Vines, but the sweet floral scent vs the 'night time' scent (in my opinion) won me over a little more. Heh.

StraightRhodes

Liquid liner makes me nervous because I feel like it's much easier to make mistakes and much harder to fix them when you do, haha.

Yeah right now the Midnight Fleur and the Dahlia & Vines are my two favorite ones. I have samples of them both. 

warriorwitch

Its pretty nice. If I were more able to use liquid liner (without messing it up terribly) I would buy it too, but I am sticking with my tried and true pencils for the foreseeable future.

vanillammm

StraightRhodes and warriorwitch - Try using your regular pencil liner and then going over it with the tattoo liner. It will give you the smoothness and intensity of the liquid liner, but it wont be a messy line because you created the actual shape of the line with a liner that you are more comfortable handling....

Hope this helps you to get some use out of your tattoo liner sample!

warriorwitch

Thanks for the tip, I know what I am going to be trying tomorrow! :smileyvery-happy:

warriorwitch

Urban Decay Lip Junkie lip glosses. I got hooked from the minis that came in the Feminine/Dangerous/Fun palettes. :smileyvery-happy:

spacesuit

These too, and for the same reason! I'll probably go for the full size when I run out of the ones from the palettes.

lyravega

Yes! Thank you! The little sucker in one of their palettes, can't remember which one, totally made me buy the full size of it! :smileyhappy:

warriorwitch

It was all part of their nefarious plot! Which is working marvelously. :smileyvery-happy:

lyravega

Right you ( totally ) are! :smileyvery-happy:

lyravega

[ Edited ]

NARS Tinted Moisturizer ( They gave me a sample of this at the register. I was never interested in tinted moisturizers. The color was completely wrong, but the look ( finish ) and the feel of it on my skin was amazing!!! So I just couldn't wait to grab it in full size and right color! Love the stuff! )

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation ( After I fell in love with the tinted moisturizer, I just had to try the foundation as well... aaaaaand, it's my fav foundation for some time now :smileyhappy: )

Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer ( This is another HG product of mine. I've got a deluxe sample of it in a store out of the blue... and fell in love. Again :smileyhappy: )

Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara

Gucci Premiere Parfum Spray

Shiseido Benefiance Eye Cream

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation

I'm sure there's more, can't think of everything right now :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 66 replies
  • 50 hearts
  • 50 in conversation
    • kalex