SOS School Picture Help!

(0) Hearts

I need emergency help with makeup  for my senior (AHH!) pictures! I have no idea what to do for makeup, so any tips would be awesome!

I already know that I am going to use EL Double Wear foundation, but thats about all I have decided! Product recommendations (I have super light skin, foundation shade 1N1, medium brown hair, and blue/grey eyes!) for eyeshadow, lipstick, blush, etc would be awesome. Also any application tips would be helpful!

thank you all so much in advanced!

Re: SOS School Picture Help!

So as of now, I was thinking of MAC's satin taupe on my lid, with Naked in the crease and brown liner on the top lashline, and smoked out below the lashes on the lower lash line (blended out with Satin Taupe) for eyes, along with a black mascara

for face, was thinking of doing foundation, concealer, and powder, with Dollface blush by tarte and a light matte brown shadow as a contour. bc of oily skin ill do a matte highlight, most likely. 

Does this sound good?

That sounds great! What about an amethyst eyeliner to help make your blue eyes pop?

(0) Hearts

That is such a good idea! Do you have any suggestions for brands?

MUFE Aqua Eyes #11L looks amazing on blue eyes! Put it on my friend and it looked amazing!

(0) Hearts

Thank you@

Keep it fairly natural, enhance your features, but don't do anything crazy. This is not the time to try out that new look that you might decide you hate in a week or to go with the ultra trendy look that'll be gone by next year. That way no matter what the current tends are when you pull the year book out to show the kids/grandkids, you won't cringe at the photo like some adult I know do.

Thanks so much! Hopefully I do a good job on my makeup!

Wearing SPF is ok, as long as it is a chemical sunscreen and not a physical sunscreen. Avoid SPF with titanium dioxide and/or iron oxide when taking pictures. Plus, If there is any flashback, the photography company will most likely photoshop it.

Avoid blushes or eye shadows that are too shimmery because it can look too stark, metallic, or oily in pictures. I would use matte or satin eye shadows because those have a slight sheen and don't reflect too much light. You also want to be careful when using eyeliner. Don't use colors that are too dark on the bottom lash line because it will make your eyes look smaller. Opt for a light brown instead. 

I would suggest skipping SPF for the day to avoid flashback. Also, if your picture is later in the day, blot/powder your face because I find that sometimes, shine is not super apparent in some indoor lighting situations, but in flash photography-it can become more apparent. Be sure to blend your blush/bronzer extra carefully as well. IMO, a little bit of black liner in the waterline looks so so BEAUTIFUL with bluish gray eyes. Goldeny bronze shadows also really enhance your eye color.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 9 hearts
  • 5 in conversation