kimchikween

Review for Chanel's VITALUMIERE AQUA CREAM COMPACT?

I haven't used cream or powder foundation in probably a decade.  I'm considering revisiting it and heard good reviews for this compact.  I would be nice to have something that allows me to touch-up mid day...especially if I want to have happy hour/drinks after work.

I need something with prevent decent coverage which is why I've always shied away from powders and creams.

kimchikween

Re: Review for Chanel's VITALUMIERE AQUA CREAM COMPACT?

(0) Hearts

I think I read somewhere that it is easy to improperly close the compact?  That's a risk compared to a screw top as far as oxygen getting in, I suppose.

aviscardi

(0) Hearts

that could be why elle had issues with it drying out. I'm always a little more cautious when i purchase stuff that is a cream. I only have drugstore cream e/s and a few of those have started to dry out because i don't use them often enough. 

aviscardi

I think elle fowler had mentioned in her video that she regretted using it because it dried out fast. I can't personally comment but i have the liquid version

DTalksAll

I've had it & repurchased it a few times. I like how easy it is to use. It works great with a stippling brush and gives medium-full coverage that blends easily. I never tried reapply it during the day because I only used it with a stippling brush. It lasts, but does have minimal transfer (It builds up on my sunglasses & even with primer & setting powder). 

I liked to use it in the winter because it didn't settle in dry patches & was quite moisturizing. I didn't have an issue with shine, but my skin doesn't get too oily. 

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Hmmm...wonder if they have a sample I can try...I'm concerned about the shine in my T-zone area but maybe a finishing powder can control that or mattifying treatment underneath.

Thanks for the info!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

@viviene23 - it's the replacement for it, I believe.

viviene23

chanelcompact.jpgIf this is it...it has more coverage than vitalumiere liquid foundation. I'd say medium to full. Its perfect for special occasions, it looks beautiful on, true to chanel foundations...you know how they look better the longer you wear them?!? Maybe its just me but I notice that with chanel foundations :-)

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend this for everyday unless you wear full coverage makeup everyday. If that's the case, then this will give you flawless result.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Hmmm...I actually have not ventured into Chanel's face makeup.  Love their nail polish, mascaras, and lip stuffs but I've been seeing a lot of women with my same shade wearing it and looking amazing.  What's the expiration - 12 months?

Did you need to touch up on powder later for shininess?  I have that issue with my T-zone.  I meet new clients a lot to bid on work and find that I need full coverage makeup more often than just for special occasions.  Can't show up looking all sallow and tired.

Maybe I'll schedule my Nordstrom Rewards Triple Points day for when I go.  swfupload_182203019921243564.gif

viviene23

(0) Hearts

Is this the teint innocence compact?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • aviscardi
    • viviene23
    • kimchikween