karencat

Recommendations: Concealer for acne scars

(0) Hearts

I have combination skin, I am asian with light medium skin tone. I'd say I have a yellow undertone. I'm looking for recommendations for concealers that cover up acne scars well. I've tried MAC concealers, drug store, Estee Lauder, Kat Von Dee and I am currently using Tarte Maracuja creaseless concealer (it's good, but does not completely satisfy me). I want one that can cover the dark spots well, if it can also work with some of my redness and my under eye circles that would be awesome too. Thanks xx

karencat

Re: Recommendations: Concealer for acne scars

(0) Hearts

Thank ya ladies! I will definitely look into the suggestions! 

beautylovingirl

(0) Hearts

Murad's Acne Treatment concealer  or Shiseido's natural creamy concealer would be another option for you to look at. Hope this helps!

katie1724

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have always found that a thicker, dryer consistency concealer works best on blemishes and scars. I really like Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer, if you can find a good shade match (note that it tends to darken, so if the shade is slightly light at first, it might be the best match). The formula is so heavily pigmented that very little is needed, and one tube lasts for ages. Other good blemish / scar concealers are Laura Mercier Secret Concealer, and I like the NARS stick concealer, but it's not as heavy duty as the first two. (The NARS concealer is my overall favorite, but not specifically for blemishes -- I think others are better.)

I have never found a concealer that worked equally well on both blemishes and under eye circles, personally -- effective blemish concealers have always been too dry for my eye area, and settled into creases (for this area, I prefer to use a creamier, more blendable concealer like Benefit Erase Paste or Armani Maestro -- a liquid or a very smooth solid concealer).

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • beautylovingirl
    • karencat