properandlovely

Race For Naked

[ Edited ]

naked.jpg

Naked3 is coming (very soon) and we're giving you the chance to win it before it's even out. This week, we're holding our Race for Naked in three major U.S. cities. The winners will score our ultra-luxe Naked gift box- loaded with Naked, Naked2 AND Naked3! The catch? You'll have to find it first. The first person in each city to track down the prize gets Naked! To get your daily clues, follow us on Instagram: @urbandecaycosmetics

Just saw this on Urban Decay's Facebook page. I like the concept, but I think it's unfair to everyone who does not reside near one of the major cities... in 3 out of 50 states in the US...

What do you guys think?

JenBlush

Re: Race For Naked

(0) Hearts

So that crosses out the cowboy boots in the pictures, and the beach pictures! Tomorrow will most likely be in a city! :/

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

Today it is Austin. good luck Austin BTers.

autumn18

I do think it is a little unfair but Im not going to whine about it. Its not like you wont be able buy it when it comes out.

glossyguru

Agreed, some people are just too whiny. Even if they did have it in every city, people's chances would still be slim. It's a promotion, deal with it

JenBlush

People are always whining about everything if it doesn't pertain to them. There will always be people that are unsatisfied with something in particular.

They can't see the good, always the bad. Now if they would've won or if it would've been in their city, I'm sure they wouldn't be as whiny! (still whiny though if they didn't win! lol)

ChicagoTwinMom

Looking at the facebook whining about it being unfair is totally cracking me up. I can't believe how bent out of shape people are getting over this. It seems like eyeshadow is a life or death thing for some people.

Zamiewithazee

What was even better were the comments on the instagram picture showing the final location where you go to pick up the set and the UD symbol at the bottom right hand corner.  They were supposed to meet the UD rep at that location with the UD symbol tagged on the floor and say the "keyword" to win.  People were commenting on the picture with things like "bottom right corner, #naked3" I found it pretty funny.  

Link for the instagram pic: http://instagram.com/p/g3pxuKAE9R/

I just looked over the comments again and it seems like everyone is whining there too. 

cleohines

Meh...I don't own any of the Naked palettes, I've always felt they were over priced and over-hyped, even though I've been using UD literally since before they launched cause I used to be the assistant to a beauty editor at a magazine and we got a crapton of samples before the line ever hit Sephora, Shag in cream form was my go to shadow for years. I absolutely love UD but I had no intention of getting the N3 anyway since the Vice palette is more my speed in terms of colours.

That being said, this is a wonky contest, why alienate such a huge chunk of your audience by making them feel as if they're not all that important because they don't live in a major city? I know it's free an all, but it's a little bit of a slap in the face I think. I mean, even if I still lived in NYC I wouldn't do this, I just have horrible visions of being "accidentally" shoved onto the A train tracks by some teenager during rush hour floating around in my head. *shudders*

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

one city down! 2 more to go! That Means hopefully California is out of the picture! i will leave my work to go find the box!!! lol

SugaredMagnolia

[ Edited ]

I have to admit that I've been kind of amused watching people talk about this on UD's Facebook page. There's some true freaking out going on. Over a palette.

A comment I found funny: "Who cares?? Just release it already. Ain't nobody going to go on a treasure hunt. We're just ready to buy the palette."

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

It should've been a contest that everyone could enter. I didn't even have a glimmer of hope of entering, i'm Canadian! *ie: no where near the scavenger hunt*

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

The first set was found in LA today. 

SugaredMagnolia

(0) Hearts

I would love to know how long the winner took finding it. 

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

There was an hour between the first clue posting on Instagram and when they posted the picture of the winner. 

Zamiewithazee

(0) Hearts

Plus I think you needed to wait for the final clue anyway, so that you can get the keyword to tell the UD rep. 

ghkim

(0) Hearts

was anyone able to access the rules of this race? when i follow the link, it says the page no longer exists.

Zamiewithazee

(0) Hearts
SugaredMagnolia

(0) Hearts

No rules! Time to throw down, ladies! Eyeshadow, whatever the cost!

sp2001

@bfuller You think someone will get killed for this prize? Dang, Naked fans are way more intense than I thought!

bfuller

(0) Hearts

LOL!  Honey, people kill for gasoline these days!  I'm an Urban junkie, and I change into a drooling alter-ego when they bring out 24/7 liner sets!  (@_@)

But in all seriousness, I've had to call the police to break up severe fights over perfume gift sets that we'd marked down for clearance the day after a holiday!  It's horrible the way people will act when there's only one item that 100+ people are demanding... sad, so sad.  :smileysad:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 56 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • cleohines
    • lilyyy
    • mafan
    • veronika23
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • cutiecocolove