properandlovely

Race For Naked

[ Edited ]

naked.jpg

Naked3 is coming (very soon) and we're giving you the chance to win it before it's even out. This week, we're holding our Race for Naked in three major U.S. cities. The winners will score our ultra-luxe Naked gift box- loaded with Naked, Naked2 AND Naked3! The catch? You'll have to find it first. The first person in each city to track down the prize gets Naked! To get your daily clues, follow us on Instagram: @urbandecaycosmetics

Just saw this on Urban Decay's Facebook page. I like the concept, but I think it's unfair to everyone who does not reside near one of the major cities... in 3 out of 50 states in the US...

What do you guys think?

bfuller

Re: Race For Naked

Versus just buying it when it comes out?  Bet I'd spend way more on the travel expenses.  But even if I lived inside one of the cities where they hold these events, who would want the drama from those who don't win?  Or worse yet, worry over being hurt or killed if you did win?  No thank you!  I'm patient and sane enough to just wait for it on UD's website.

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I look at it the same way on online contests - the odds of winning would be the same. I can't say that even if they had this in the city I live in that I would even be able to search for it.  I would gather it will be one on the east coast (Boston or NY), one in the central US (Chicago, Dallas, Houston) then one on the west coast (LA, SF or Seattle). 

Zamiewithazee

(0) Hearts

The terms and conditions of the contest say that it'll be Los Angeles, Austin, and NYC. So excited, but I can't help but think I'll get trampled :x

melde

I am sad too because I do live in a major city that is always forgotten, but unfortunately life isn't fair, and the sooner we all learn that the happier we will be in the long run. :smileyhappy:

That being said, I think it is a really cool idea for a contest!

mafan

I agree, life isn't fair.  The number of people who have the time to run around looking for something like this is small.  And most contests have incredibly small odds of winning anyway.

I think it's a great idea to get people following them and hyped up and interested in the new palette.  But even if you live near the cities where this is happening the odds of you managing to do it are incredibly small.

Unless they had a scavenger hunt in my office building I wouldn't have time to do this, and even then the odds of my winning aren't all that great!

melde

Haha, good point! Plus, you have to have time/transportation/gas/who knows what else, to participate.

I think that contests like these are really aimed at college students anyways. And good for them! I have no idea if this is true but they say if you can capture a client at that age they will be a client for life.

AznAngelLiz

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay just posted on Instagram...first city is of course, LA. They haven't posted any clues or what the other 2 cities are.

cutiecocolove

(0) Hearts

i bet u in boston and austin. NY is too crowded

sp2001

I don't know about it being 'unfair'. I mean. It's free.

I can't be the only one who thought this. Sorry, maybe I've just been around one too many nieces/nephews who pull the 'it's not fair you didn't get me the iphone 5s you only got me the 4s' (though in all fairness the 4s is much slower than the 5s).

veronika23

(0) Hearts

Well this doesn't apply to me but I don't think it's fair for you guys. Should have been an internet contest and guess the place where it is instead of tracking it down. 

IttyxBittyxMe

(0) Hearts

That's seriously unfair. 3 cities out of 50 states in the whole country? Not to mention those bigger states that have multiple big cities. -_- It would have been better for it to be an internet contest or have one in every state (or at least the states that have Sephoras/Ultas). Like I would have at least definitly done DC/VA, Texas, LA , New York, Miami, Philly, Boston, and Chicago. 

What kills me is I know one of them is probably going to be in Cali (as everything always is), and perhaps one will be in New York. It makes me upset because nothing is EVER held in DC. I mean seriously, we're the nations capitol, I would like for some love to be shown to us beauty wise!

starletta8

(0) Hearts

It's a promotion, designed to get people talking.

It's not designed to be "fair."

What's fair is that they will be offering the product for sale throughout the world at similar pricing in each market.

I agree with lilyyy- many of the people in DC have jobs where they can't just dash for makeup, let alone hang out online all day waiting for the clues.

FWIW, I'd look for the cities to be in the states with the most flexible rules ruling "contests/giveaways." DC always requires that extra caveat of "residents of the 50 states and the District of Columbia" since it's not one of the 50 states.  I'm not sure what their guidelines are governing giveaways, to be honest.

lilyyy

I'm in DC and I don't really care either way. Even if there was one here, I have a job and wouldn't be able to run around for a $50 palette.

IttyxBittyxMe

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

And I'm a full time student and full time worker. It would be something to do as down time that could be fun, for me personally. But the avilibility itself would just be nice, even if I couldn't do it, just cause I feel the east coast gets left out of all beauty things unless you're in New York of somewhere in Flordia. 

ghkim

(0) Hearts

oh man, my technologically challenged self is downloading instagram right now. it will be a miracle if i can figure out how to even follow urban decay.

SugaredMagnolia

Good luck to the people who have time to go on a day long scavenger hunt for eyeshadow palettes.

Doesn't it seem kind if absurd? I love makeup as much as the next girl, but race all over New York (or worse, drive all over LA) for a $150 prize? It sounds like a fool's errand. 

There's a magazine that does this with expensive chairs. Gorgeous chairs worth thousands of dollars.

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

That would be kinda cool to just find, but I don't live near a major city... Of course there would be NYC  and LA, then maybe Dallas, Atlanta, Miami, Chicago, Philadelphia, Boston... There are many "major" cities in the US, I don't know how they'd choose. 

But it does seem unfair. Even though there are lots of people that live in big cities, even more don't... And let's not forget about the Canadians here on BT

shapeshifter

The first two look like ny and la for sure. I bet the 3rd is Austin.

MissB417

meh, too much work

warriorwitch

You think they are gonna offer the three sets for sale, or is it just for the contest? I don't have any of the Naked palettes yet cause neutrals aren't really my thing but its UD palettes, and i feel a borderline junkie compulsion to have them all. :smileyvery-happy:

properandlovely

It would be awesome if they were sold as a set! Even if you have Naked and Naked2, what a great gift it would be!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 52 replies
  • 56 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • cleohines
    • lilyyy
    • mafan
    • veronika23
    • BeautyJunkie325
    • cutiecocolove