Answer
brookie673
Project 5 Pan
[ Edited ]

Hey you guyyyyyssssss!!!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Has everyone here heard of "Project 10 Pan?"

If not, I'll attempt to describe it:

Project 10 Pan is for people who have wayyyyy too much makeup and keep buying more. Maybe they don't have room, maybe they can't afford it, maybe they just want to challenge themselves to actually finish some of their makeup.

They pick 10 items from their makeup collection. They can be any 10 items, but they should not be already mostly used up with barely any product left. (Of course, it's okay if they are used a little, but you should not of hit pan yet.)

The goal is to finish, or completely "hit pan," with all 10 of these products before you buy any more makeup.

(For more info, go to YouTube and search Project 10 Pan.)

My idea was, we shorten it to Project 5 Pan so it goes faster, and get a whole little group to do it together and update on their mission. It's like the online communities where people have work out buddies who motivate each other and update on their fitness journey.

Whaddaya say? Anybody want to at least attempt it with me? It'll be a new thread to enjoy :smileyhappy:

If you do, say so below and post the names of the five items you are going to be hitting pan on! If you want, you can also note if a product is new or how used up it is. (And if you want to go the full mile and attempt Project 10 Pan, there's no problem lol. Or if you want to do Project 3 Pan, or 7 Pan, or even 1 Pan. The point is to have fun and push yourself a little in the process xD.) You can also post a photo of your chosen items if you wish.

My five items are:

1. ELF "Complexion Perfection" Tone Correcting Powder.

2. One of my Lip Medex xD (About half gone)

3. ELF Brightening Eye Color Quad in Ivy

4. CG TruBlend 2 Liquid Foundation (a little more than half gone)

5. Highlighter in ELF Palette (Barely used, but extremely powdery)

Good luck! Pictures of my items in order below.

Note: On picture of ELF Palette, highlighter is in the middle section with bronzers, and it is the one on the top left hand corner of that section, by the blushes.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 20
drrragon
Answered

@sephoramusthave - i need badly to use up some eyeshadows, but i feel like i'd die of old age before hitting pan on any of them.....:smileysad:  I have used up two of my Stila trios before but i was using them every single day and not deviating at all....have not manged to hit pan on any other eyeshadow, ever

tenngal
Answered

Well, I can cross one of the 5 off my list, yeah!!!  I finally finished the tube of Smashbox Hyperlash Mascara that I've been working on for quite a while.  I'm so bad about buying and opening too many mascaras at one time so they end up expiring before I can use them up, which is a total waste of money.  I am now working on finishing off a Smashbox Bionic Mascara before it runs out.  I like the Bionic Mascara a lot, but I also have a new Urban Decay Lush Lash Mascara tube that I opened recently that I like even more, so it's going to be hard to make myself use the Bionic up. 

Hope all of the rest of you ladies are having success toward finishing your products, too! :smileyhappy:

prettyinpa
Answered

Boy, is this one a toughie!  I am so fickle about my makeup that I hardly ever use anything up because I get tired of it and move on. But here goes:

1) MAC lipstick in Wuss. This is my all-time favorite nude lip color that they don't make anymore, but since it's down to 1/3 I have a chance at using it up. Plus I get the container for Back to MAC, yay, free makeup!

2) Benefit They're Real Mascara- The deluxe sample one from Sephora, tested once and found to be ok, just not my favorite.

3) Too Faced Pink Leopard Blush- about 1/2 left.

4) MAC tinted lip conditioner SPF 15 in some rose shade, the label fell off, 1/2. 

5)Stila waterproof glitter eyeliner in Flash- can't tell how much is in here, but it's relatively new.

Wish me luck!

sephoramusthave
Answered

I think its about time I started a makeup only 5 pan. I'm allowing myself one shopping spree once I've completed march no buy because I've done good on that and 10 pan. But since I've used up a product today, I want to start this.

1. Buxom Big and Healthy Lipstick, Las Vegas

waterbaby1981
Answered

Great idea!  My five products are:

1.  LM tinted moisturizer in Bare Radiance

2.  Orgasm/Laguna blush/bronzer duo

3.  Clinique Lash Power Mascara

4.  Clinique eyeshadow duo in Mochaberry

5.  Clinique Long Lost Glosswear in Bonfire

This should help with the no-buy challenge too!  Should we all continue with the shop your stash thread as well?  Keep us accountable, so to speak?

marinaanne147
Answered

I hope this thread gets back rolling because I rather like it! Figured I'd update since I finished another product. YES!

1. Clinique Makeup Remover 

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray (1/3 left)

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (1/6 left)

4. Benefit Highbeam Sample

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) (I'm telling myself I just have to hit pan on this, not actually finish it. Not sure how much is left, though you can definitely see a dent in it)

6. Clinique 1/7 oz. DDML 

3/6 = 1/2 YAY! Halfway there! Dazzleglass is definitely going to be the next to go and after that it'll be a while before I finish anything. I'm happy anyway! How's your project pan going, Brookie673?

marinaanne147
Answered

Figured I'd update and get this thread back on track! 

I'm pretty happy with how I'm doing even though it's been a long time and I haven't finished yet!

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray (1/3 left)

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (1/4 left)

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) (I'm telling myself I just have to hit pan on this, not actually finish it. Not sure how much is left, though you can definitely see a dent in it)

6. Clinique 1/7 oz. DDML (1/4 left...I'm at the part where it says 'tellement differente')

2/6 = 1/3 = YAY! The Dazzleglass or the DDML will be the next to go! I love the Dazzleglass so I'll probably get a second one later on...and I already have a big size backup of the DDML!

marinaanne147
Answered
(0) Hearts

Update! I kind of suck at this...

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray (1/4 left - I hope Hair Products count!)

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (1/3 left)

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) (I'm telling myself I just have to hit pan on this, not actually finish it. Not sure how much is left, though you can definitely see a bigger dent in it)

6. Clinique 1/7 oz. DDML (A little less than 1/3 left)

marinaanne147
Answered
(0) Hearts

Count me in! I actually started a Project 6 Pan last week, and I finished the item I was most close to being done with. So I guess I'm on a 5 Pan now. Here are my items!

1. Clinique Makeup Remover (FINISHED)

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray (1/3 left - I hope Hair Products count!)

3. MAC Date Night Dazzleglass (1/3 left)

4. Benefit Highbeam Sample (1/2 left - it's a large sample though!)

6. Clinique 1/7 oz. DDML (2/3 left)

Finishing that Makeup Remover felt so good - Looking forward to finishing up the other products! I'll definitely keep updating this post. :smileyvery-happy:

jxw200
Answered
(0) Hearts
Ahhh! I need to this! I just have to pick the products... Wohoo!
sephoramusthave
Answered
(0) Hearts

UPDATE

1. buxom big and healthy lipstick, las vegas

2. rimmel london scandal eyes flex mascara, extreme black

3. benefit dallas bronzer

4. benefit creaseless cream shadow, rsvp

4/5 DONE :smileyvery-happy:

ohhenri
Answered
(0) Hearts

Does it count when you lose an item?? I just moved, and I can't seem to find my lipstick that was in my challenge!!!!

marinaanne147
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'm the only person posting here, but I don't really mind. I made myself a project pan, and I'm sticking to it. An another note, I was wrong: the dazzleglass wasn't next to go, the hair product was. 

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray 

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) (I'm telling myself I just have to hit pan on this, not actually finish it. Not sure how much is left, though you can definitely see a large dent in it)

6. Clinique 1/7 oz. DDML 

4/6 = 2/3 I'm getting there! Now I can be positive the dazzleglass will be next. Haha! 1 more for my B2M bag! 

ohhenri
Answered
(0) Hearts

I think I'll hop on board too, since I'm on a no-buy policy after this week-end shopping craziness!!!

Here's my 5 items:

1) My boi-ing concealer (maybe 3/4 left). Since I have huge dark circles, I tend to shop for the miracle product and tend to put the ones I already have aside, but this one works well!!!

2) My Cover fx tinted moisturizer (almost new, but the bottle is small!!!)

3) Well, it's not really make-up, but my Hugo Boss Intense perfume (half gone, but it's the big bottle, so there's still pretty much left!)

4) My Dior addict lipstick in Spotlight: Ouf! I don't wear it often, but I'll try to improve on that!

5) Since I have 3 of this (1 single, 2 palettes contains it): my smog eye shadow (one of them): this is going to be the toughest, since I don't use much

This is interesting...How many of us will succeed!!!!!!

jesper
Answered
(0) Hearts

Yes i would love to...so how do we go about it????

tenngal
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'll join in!  I've challenged myself to not buy anything new until after Christmas, so this will be the perfect thread to help keep me on track with my makeup buying urges, ha ha.  OK, this is what I plan to use up:

1) MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation
2) MAC Prep + Prime Finishing Powder
3) Peter Thomas Roth Foundation Primer
4) Anastasia Brow Powder Duo
5) Smashbox Hyperlash Mascara

I have a bad habit of buying and trying different foundations, primers, brow pencils, etc., that I don't need because I've already got my perfect formula and should stick with it.  So I'm going to make myself finish what I've got before I buy anything else.  This will help to keep me on track with the "No Buy" I've set for myself until after Christmas, too.

Great idea, brookie!
:smileyhappy:

xoxcharlottexox
Answered
(0) Hearts

Oooh I'll do this too!!

Hmmmm...

I'll use up: (Or try to)

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Blush in Cheerful Cheerful - I liked this blush, but it's just a light pink... I have LOTS of light pink blushes!

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals All-Over Face Color in 0.05 oz Warmth Warmth - I have too many bronzers. I like this one, and I have 2 bronzers that are pretty much identical to it, so I'll use it up (and then the other 2) and buy ONE that looks like this. (A deep bronze that looks really natural... it's a little warmer/redder than other bronzers)

Too Faced Natural Eye Neutral Eye Shadow Collection (Most of the shadows have either hit pan or been or used up... I have a bad habit of buying a new replacement palette when I hit pan on ONE of the shadows in that palette... I hate running out!!!)

Fusion Beauty LipFusion Color Shine in Blush Blush - I really like this gloss, but I should probably [use it up and] repurchase it because I don't remember when I bought it, I just know it's old.

MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder - Almost out... probably 1/5 or less is left, so it should be easy.

I don't think I'll start this until after I buy things this weekend... It's VIB weekend, and I can't pass up double points!!! :smileywink:

xoxo, Charlotte

sephoramusthave
Answered
(0) Hearts

I forgot this 5 pan thing existed. I'm on project 10 pan and march no buy right now...but I think after I'm done I *really* need to do a makeup only no buy...and 5 items seem good.

marinaanne147
Answered
(0) Hearts

I hit pan! YAY! Wow that was a complete surprise!!!

2. Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Styling Spray 

5. M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Once Upon A Time (LE) 

6. Clinique 1/7 oz. DDML 

5/6! ALMOST! Now I can be positive the dazzleglass will be next, because it's the only thing left!

sephoramusthave
Answered
(0) Hearts

UPDATE

1. buxom big and healthy lipstick, las vegas

2. rimmel london scandal eyes flex mascara, extreme black

3. benefit dallas bronzer

4. benefit creaseless cream shadow, rsvp

5. rimmel london stay matte powder, transparent

DONE!!!! :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Question Stats
  • 20 answers