melisa16

Products Regret Buying

I have seen this post before so I thought it would be fun to do another one. Because what someone may love you may hate.
Here is my list:
-MUFE Mat Velvet Plus, I bought this because I get oily in summer but I feel like it makes a greaseball
-Benefit Boing- Just didn't get the hype
-NARS Deep Throat- Expensive for the size, and color looks pretty in pan but have to apply a lot because it is sheer
-Ole Henriksen Truth Serum- Made me break out more

Londonlover101

Re: Products Regret Buying

(0) Hearts

hey melisa16 im just curious because one of the products you listed I was actually thinking about buying it was the ole henriksen truth serum, if you have time could you please list why you don't like this product and why it wasn't effective or irritated your skin and how you used it. Thanks so much!

Have a nice day!

melisa16

(0) Hearts

I applied it after cleansing my face at night, and when I woke up, my skin was super red and inflammed. And every day I noticed more and more bumps under the skin forming. I just would ask a sample in store, otherwise you'll end up like me and have 2 bottles sitting in your room :/

DTalksAll

Some people get a reaction to Vitamin C. So either people love the Truth Serum (many people here do) or they can't use it because they break out. Go to a store and ask for a sample :smileywink: that way you can tell if you get a reaction or not. 

buzzbee3

I don't have reactions to Vitamin C, but the Truth Serum made me break out like crazy! I think it might be due to the fact that a lot of Ole Henriksen's products have fruit acids/enzymes in them and my skin is a little more on the sensitive side. But my motto is "try it before you buy it". Cuts down on the returns :smileyhappy:

blahdianeee

(0) Hearts

I agree with the benefit boing!

-Benefit Boing- nothing special, imo drugstore concealers work the same

-DiorShow Mascara- smelled nice but doesn't volumeize, doesn't hold a curl and it was kind of heavy and drooped my lashes down

-MUFE Full Cover concealer- sticky and gross

-BareMinerals All-Over Face Color in warmth- SO ORANGE but then again most bronzers tend to have that effect on me...

Candy357

(0) Hearts

Clinique bb cream, it went on clear like I didn't put any on, and if I applied more and more it would dry up and crease. Horrible and I was really excited to buy something Clinique finally.

That would be the only thing I regret buying because I love trying everything make up and it usually is ok.

mxcx

I love reading these! And oh gosh, where do I even start.. I assume we're just sticking to Sephora products, right? Or else the list would stretch on for miles! :smileytongue:

1. MUFE Mat Velvet+ : I totally agree with you on this one, it made me an oil slick and sunk into my pores/scars like no other; definition of cakey.

2. Murad Get Clear, Stay Clear Acne Complex Kit : dried out my face for MONTHS and caused painful flaking around my eye/lip area. :smileysad:

3. Lancome Bi-Facil Makeup Remover : I think I'm one of the few that doesn't love this, but it made my eyes really teary and irritated, and I hated the greasiness.

4. Benefit Badgal Mascara : helloooo raccoon eyes after an hour.

5. Lancome 24H Foundation : cakey for dayssss, and stuck to my face like glue (which is nice since it was long-lasting, but it literally looked like I colored my face with sticky yellow paint).

poshified

(0) Hearts

The only thing the Lancome 24Hr foundation did to me was break me out since it was too full coverage + heavily scented!

melisa16

(0) Hearts

I almost bought that same Murad set, but luckily a representative from Murad was at Sephora that day, and told me it would not be good for my skin type!

alexandram

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

- Korres liquid foundation.I had no idea that it was super-moisturizing. On my oily, acne-prone skin it melted off within the hour. 

- Benefit Erase Paste. Basically a sticky, tacky, creasing mess. Yuck. 

-Baremineral foundation. Doesn't hold up for oily skin, makes dry skin look absolutely disgusting.

- UD De Slick setting spray. Did absolutely NOTHING for my oily skin. I think all setting sprays are just hype but that's just me. 

jjj4evr

Every benefit product I have bought.

-Hoola- fades fast

-Hello flawless- More like... Hello Chalky

-That gal- greasy mess

-Boing- Not blendable, very dry, no coverage, made my under eye circles worse

-Erase Paste- Yuck Yuck and Yuck 

-Brow Zings- Cheap imitation of Anastasia' s brow powders

-Eye Bright- Didn't last and felt like a waste of money

-Oo LaLa Lift- Did nothing besides make my concealer crease

poshified

(0) Hearts

I'm glad I'm not the only one who experiences Hoola's poor staying power! I've turned to Illamasqua's Disobey as a replacement :smileyhappy:

orkira

I have another recent regret, MUFE aqua creams.  Those things dried out my eyelids and went on scaley even after trying to apply them both with my fingers and my brushes.  I tried moisturizing in addition to using eyeshadow primer under them and still scaley!

poshified

I've always wanted to try the aqua creams but when the Maybelline color tattoos came out, I figured I would stick to the cheaper alternative -- glad I didn't miss out :smileyhappy:

melisa16

I have one MUFE aqua creams, it's alright. The Youtube hype made me buy shade 13, but I rarely use it. 

orkira

(0) Hearts

Shade 13 was one of the two I had.  I also had shade 54 (mauve), looked gorgeous in the container, not so on my lids.  :smileysad:

poshified

LOL I know exactly what color you're talking about!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Anyone want to take a guess as to where this Dior Fusion Mono Eyeshadow I just received in the mail will be going?

dfm.JPGdfm1.JPG

Gorgeous shade though!

orkira

Right back to where you got it from I'm guessing!  That's horrible but it is a pretty shade though!

poshified

Yup, it's definitely going back to Nordstrom! So disappointing since I had high hopes for Dior's first cream shadows.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 126 replies
  • 95 hearts
  • 60 in conversation
    • runy
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • prosopon
    • jjj4evr
    • alexandram