Products Regret Buying

melisa16

Products Regret Buying

I have seen this post before so I thought it would be fun to do another one. Because what someone may love you may hate.
Here is my list:
-MUFE Mat Velvet Plus, I bought this because I get oily in summer but I feel like it makes a greaseball
-Benefit Boing- Just didn't get the hype
-NARS Deep Throat- Expensive for the size, and color looks pretty in pan but have to apply a lot because it is sheer
-Ole Henriksen Truth Serum- Made me break out more

melisa16

Re: Products Regret Buying

1. I read on a blog today, that a lot of shades were dry, so I could see this happening to their ones in the line.
poshified

(0) Hearts

That's ridiculous! So much for quality control. I'm hoping the Chanel Illusion D'ombre eyeshadows don't dry out anytime soon!

melisa16

Which shades of the Chanel do you have? I love the look of Emerville and another shade I can't think of...but I don't know if they're worth the price.

poshified

(0) Hearts

I have Epatant (the greenish, silverish pot of shininess :smileyvery-happy:) and Illusoire (the purplish taupe one.) I told myself not to get anymore but then Convoitise came out and was an Asia exclusive. I'm really on the fence on them, because I've had Epatant for nearly a year and it's still going strong. Illusoire, however, dried within 3 months on me and since it was past the 30-day return time frame, I contacted Chanel and they sent me a replacement. They look divine on the eyes -- that's for sure! :smileyhappy:

melisa16

OO you may have just sold me! Epatant was the color I had my eyes on :smileyvery-happy: Also, that's real nice of Chanel sending a replacement.

poshified

(0) Hearts

I do what I can :smileywink: LOL

BeautyBee92

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I bought one of the Sephora Blockbuster palettes a couple years ago. I love the eyeshadow colors but they crumble and are too soft! The lip glosses don't last long at all either.

poshified

swfupload_5962229395247237651.jpg

Benefit Stay Flawless 15 Hr Primer. Not only do you have to apply the primer in sections, and thus apply your BB cream/foundation in sections, but I find whatever base makeup I put on top oxidized in color. Also, this is serious glue for your face.

alexandram

Ugh, thanks for saving me the trouble in trying it! 

poshified

(0) Hearts

No problem!

prosopon

I have not tried this (nor do I think I will), but I have heard quite a few people give big thumbs down on this product.

I would love a splotchy face!...says nobody.

poshified

It's like gluestick for the face, haha!

melisa16

I've heard from a few people that theirs broke, and for $30 it better not be breaking so quickly. So I am definitely staying away.

poshified

(0) Hearts

The cap also doesn't close too tightly either, so you have problems of drying out to worry about as well!

trucie

I tried this one in store, and it just sat on my face forever, didn't absorb or disappear. Benefit products are always overrated. What's the point of making a primer when you have to apply it in sections lol?

trucie

I second the MUFE Mat Velvet+, I feel like it clogs my pores, causes major breakouts.

For me, I regret buying:

GIVENCHY Photo'Perfexion Fluid Foundation SPF 20 PA+++: It oxidizes crazy on me, my face is super yellow after a while.

TARTE Maracuja Divine Shine Lip Gloss: doesn't even last me for 2 hours even when I don't drink or eat.

URBAN DECAY All Nighter Setting Spray: doesn't work on me, I found De-slick spray is way better.

URBAN DECAY De-Slick Mattifying Powder: have to reapply after 2-3hours.

MUFE Aqua Liner/Eyes: WORST eyeliner ever, smudge like crazy.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Givenchy's foundation turned orange-y within the first hour of wear. I'm curious to see how the matte primer (Mister Mat?) performs though!

trucie

I've not tried yet, I'm currently in deep love with Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer <3

poshified

(0) Hearts

My HG primer! I seriously should stop trying other primers in the hope of finding a better one.

sugarluvv

Benefit oxygen foundation.   Its too yellow even though i got the lightest shade

martianeskimo

(0) Hearts

Yep, mine also turned orangey even with primer applied beforehand. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 126 replies
  • 95 hearts
  • 60 in conversation
    • runy
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • prosopon
    • jjj4evr
    • alexandram