melisa16

Products Regret Buying

I have seen this post before so I thought it would be fun to do another one. Because what someone may love you may hate.
Here is my list:
-MUFE Mat Velvet Plus, I bought this because I get oily in summer but I feel like it makes a greaseball
-Benefit Boing- Just didn't get the hype
-NARS Deep Throat- Expensive for the size, and color looks pretty in pan but have to apply a lot because it is sheer
-Ole Henriksen Truth Serum- Made me break out more

brittieeee

Re: Products Regret Buying

I like this thread!!

Illamasqua Lipstick - I purchased this in "Over" a beautiful coral color.  On literally the first touch to my lips it immediately broke in two pieces, which was quite strange as it's not like I pulled the lipstick out as far as it could go.  I returned it as I could not keep a twenty-something dollar lipstick that was in pieces after the first try!  The color was gorge though I only wore it once!

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Shadow Stick - I have this in the Bark (brown) and the Vanilla shades and just find them so difficult to blend, especially the brown!  I am going to be sticking to power shadow.

Buxom Lip Polish - I bought this in the "April" shade as I wanted a pink lipgloss. I swatched this on my hand in-store but when I got home it did not seem as pigmented on my lips.  The brand claims it make lips plumper but I did not find this to be true.  Granted, I was not seeking fuller lips, but I feel if someone specifically wanted Angelina Jolie lips they would be disappointed.  The gloss gives lips a numbing feeling, so I think a lot of people will fall for a placebo effect, thinking, "I feel the numbing on my lips, it must be working, my lips are more plump!" 

rikkie

(0) Hearts

That must have been the worst feeling ever with the lipstick! How does that even happen?? :smileysad:

clarks18

Kat Von D Liquid liner.  That stuff was like tar it was so thick.  Once it was applied it flaked off with every blink.  Not worth it.  Threw it away!  Anything Bare Minerals.  Don't understand the hype.  There are so many other brands out there I think that's what a lot of people know so they gravitate towards it.  Benefit The'yre Real.  That got returned the next day.  Naked 1 bought it before I knew it was all warm tones.  I'm over all the Naked products.  Philosophy lotions.  They smell wonderful but they don't actually hydrate.  They just sit on the skin.  There's probably more but these are the first things that came to mind.

poshified

One Sephora employee was like "Why buy Bare Minerals when you can just cover your face with the dirt from the playground for free?" hahaha

wendyomgwar

Omg lol, I use to LOVE my bareminerals foundation, now every time I put it on I'm just like why are you soo cakey!!!

poshified

(0) Hearts

Also, adding Urban Decay Naked Basics to the list. SO. Hard. To. Blend.

wendyomgwar

I regret buying the Dr. Jats water infused BB cream, that stuff SUCKED! Also Urban Decay's Surreal powder bleh!

poshified

Will you be checking out Urban Decay's new face powders?

wendyomgwar

Probably not, I rarely wear powder if at all and I already have some great powders :smileyhappy:!

poshified

(0) Hearts

-Dior Amber Diamond Highlighter: LOVED the effect it gave, hated the fact it broke me out.

-Dior face powders (e.g. blushes and bronzers): Never lasted longer than 3-4 hours on me.

-Hourglass Ambient Light Powder: The more satin shades did nothing to control my oil and broke me out as well.

michmo

(0) Hearts

I kind of regret the Ambient Light Powder based on the price.  I may like it more in the winter, but in the summer when I'm out in the humidity, it just added what could be translated as shine to my already sweating glow.  

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

Oh no :smileysad: I love Amber Diamond and the Hourglass Ambient Light Powder, I'm so glad my skin doesn't break out easily! Both products are absolutely gorgeous!

MintShake

I regret buying drugstore makeup in general, but some high end products aren't up to par:

1. Revlon Foundation- think gunky, the colours didn't match my skintone, and instead, it made my face dry and obvious I was wearing something.

2. Maybeline eyeliner- I bought it because it was only 5 bucks, and yet it was dry, sheer, and crumbled, so I couldn't apply it on my waterline. 

3. Covergirl glitter gloss- the taste of the gloss was a processed soap-watermelon flavor, and the glitter was gritty, the texture of shards and it hurt my lips. Worst lip gloss in the whole world. 

rikkie

(0) Hearts

SO true with a lot of drugstore products! It seems like it couldn't hurt because it's sooo cheap, but you get what you pay for!

brennn

The Stila illuminating TM was a huge let down. Shade 2 is ridiculously light and offer absolutely no coverage. I know it's a TM so I wasn't expecting miracles, just to make my skin look more even at times when I just want something for errands, gym, etc. If the promised illumination really means "makes you look like a giant greaseball" then they've nailed it.

I wish I could have returned it but it came as part of a kit from a flash sale & I liked everything else.

runy

(0) Hearts

One product I regret buying is Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia Eyeshadow palette.  The colors looked so pretty in the pan but they have NO payoff at all.  I've tried making it work so many times and at this point I sort of give up. It sucks because it was really expensive.

I regret buying a few MAC products from the outlet beauty stores.  The products were old and dried out or for some reason I don't use them at all anymore.

nebel

(0) Hearts

I'm generally underwhelmed with benefit. Pretty much everything I've ever tried from them I've felt "meh" about.

jjj4evr

(0) Hearts

I completely agree. I do not understand the hype about Benefit.

solveig

I don't regret buying anything, because if a product doesn't work for me I will return it to get something different. The only time I get disappointed is when a particular product is so hyped up, or it sounds like it's the perfect thing for me, but when I try it it turns out to be absolutely horrible.

annonymous1

the Clairsonic, the lady did a treatment on me one day at sephora but made me breakout more and ruined my sensitive skin. not worth the price i could have settled for like a neutrogena wave at target -.-

mkupgk

Benefit oxygen foundation

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 126 replies
  • 95 hearts
  • 60 in conversation
    • runy
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt