melisa16

Products Regret Buying

I have seen this post before so I thought it would be fun to do another one. Because what someone may love you may hate.
Here is my list:
-MUFE Mat Velvet Plus, I bought this because I get oily in summer but I feel like it makes a greaseball
-Benefit Boing- Just didn't get the hype
-NARS Deep Throat- Expensive for the size, and color looks pretty in pan but have to apply a lot because it is sheer
-Ole Henriksen Truth Serum- Made me break out more

melisa16

Re: Products Regret Buying

(0) Hearts

Oh yeah agree with you on that product as well!

poshified

So glad I never fell for the hype! :smileyhappy:

voxover

melisa16, I get the impression Ole Henriksen lotions and serums are better for people who don't have oily skin and I figured that's why it didn't work well for me. I test patched a few lotions on my shoulders and arms in-store and broke out a bit in those places. Based on what you've said, I guess I'm avoiding them though. :/

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

@voxover I had an issue with Ole Henriksen as well. I have combo skin and it made me break out.

mafan

(0) Hearts

Okay, mine is eyebrow products.  Probably me and not the products.

I have Benefit's Brow Zings  I know it's the right color.  I've used it twice. I took it and had someone try again to show me how to use it.  I just cannot get how it works and wish I could return it because it's expensive and I don't know how to do something decent with my brows.

I also have an Anastasia pencil, which is a bit easier to handle but still not really used.  I'd return it too, if I could.

The Hourglass eyebrow I actually use, sometimes.

AlwaysGlamorous

I've seen some nice, easy brow tutorials on the beauty department dot com. Maybe take a look there? If I remember correctly, they had one for both filling the brows with a powder and a pencil. Usually, I find their tutorials really helpful with great pictures and a touch of sass. 

mafan

Thanks, I will check  them out. I usually skip my brows because I don't know what to do with them, so help is appreciated. 

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

I definitely understand. It took me awhile to figure out how to fill in the brows. Then how to make it look the most natural. Then on to determining which product I prefer the most. It can be a journey sometimes. 

kd006

(0) Hearts

Did you go into a sephora and ask the person at the counter to put it on you and show you how to use it? I know you said you had someone show you but who showed you? Was it a makeup artist or just a friend? Also, there are tons of tutorials on youtube about how to fill in brows. Hopefully you can find something that will help you!

amaiame

-Diorshow mascara, wayyy overhyped and weighed down my lashes like crazy

-one of those Sephora step-by-step eyeshadow kits... I think I'm past that stage, plus the "light" shadow clashes and has fallout (good thing this was on sale)

-Sephora electro liner, not smooth enough

carrierose

(0) Hearts

I regret buying the stuff that the lady used on me when I had my free VIB makeover...DiorSkin NUDE foundation and Dior Extase mascara.  Neither stun me, both cost an arm and a leg, and I already had products I loved in those categories.  That's what I get for having cash to burn that day.

BeeBeeJ

I regret buying a blowdryer from T3. The one I got does absolutely nothing better than a much less expensive dryer. The lack of setting choices makes it pretty much unusable for me. It has two speeds- slow and really slow. It has three temperatures- hot, hotter, and dangerous. It has a so-called cool shot button that blows very warm air. I don't like it at all.

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

Oh no :smileysad: I was thinking about getting a T3 when my blowdryer goes kaput. I had heard so many good things too! This is why I go on BeautyTalk. 

BeeBeeJ

I really can not think of a single thing it does that is special. It's pretty- that's really the only positive thing. It's also really light weight- if that's important.

emilyh

(0) Hearts

I really didn't like Benefit They're Real mascara.  Some people seem to love it, but when I used it I could NOT get my lashes to hold a curl.  They would return to their pre-curled state before it dried. And it had a sort of moist, sticky texture that caused my eyelashes to get clumpier & clumpier throughout the day. 

prosopon

I love benefit's products; it is one of my favorite brands.  But, the fake up concealer is just not for me.  This will be my first return.

placaminero

[ Edited ]

Hautelook had a TheBalm event quite some time ago and I bought a few things that I absolutely hate. I've never been so disappointed in a brand in my life, so I'm surprised so many people seem to love it. It was mentioned a lot in the thread about products people miss that Sephora no longer carries. Well, I say good riddance. The tinted moisturizer feels like I'm spreading cream cheese on my face and the smell of the concealer gags me. I also tried some foundation that makes my skin look like a crusty casserole that was left overnight to dry out. TERRIBLE experience!

AlwaysGlamorous

I'm sorry for your disappointment with those products but the way you described everything, especially "spreading cream cheese on my face" made really laugh out loud. :smileyhappy: And spreading cream cheese on the face? That sounds horrible by the way.

ayen85

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

-dior forever flawless foundation: had high hopes for this one but the shades are so frustrating! Most are too pink or too orange for my skintone.i had my bottle exchanged 4x just so i could have the shade right! I gave up when the 4th still ddnt matched so i had it returned.

-tomford lipcolor in flamingo - so i found myself walking and just purchasing items at the neiman marcus counter for TF,the SA was so snooty but i had to get my TF fix,so i purchased their blush w/c was great btw, and their lipcolor. The lipcolor wasnt my favorite.it was too drying,for a $48 lipcolor,my $18 occ liptars were way better!

-bobbi brown gel liner in black ink and sepia ink: i hated them! They never last on me, so i just use them on my brows.

-urban decay naked2 : too shimmery and doesnt  suit my olive skintone.

-nars orgasm and angelika- shimmer city! Angelika looks weird on me too!

runy

(0) Hearts

I have 2 of those Bobbi Brown gel liners (because I kept seeing rave reviews about them and thought the first one was defective) and I also cannot for the life of me get them to last on me.  They slip all under my eye half way through the day.  I wrote the first review for that product when it came to Sephora and people marked my review as unhelpful because they disagreed with me!

hollypocket

(0) Hearts

I hate to say it, since I had such high hopes, but Ardency Inn's Punker eyeliner. I'm really terrible at applying liquid eyeliner, so Punker seemed like the perfect solution.

However, I found that the colour isn't very strong, and by the end of the day it has smudged and worn away. Disappointing.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 126 replies
  • 95 hearts
  • 60 in conversation
    • runy
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • prosopon
    • jjj4evr
    • alexandram