melisa16

Products Regret Buying

I have seen this post before so I thought it would be fun to do another one. Because what someone may love you may hate.
Here is my list:
-MUFE Mat Velvet Plus, I bought this because I get oily in summer but I feel like it makes a greaseball
-Benefit Boing- Just didn't get the hype
-NARS Deep Throat- Expensive for the size, and color looks pretty in pan but have to apply a lot because it is sheer
-Ole Henriksen Truth Serum- Made me break out more

islandqt

Re: Products Regret Buying

(0) Hearts

haha, you know what product REALLY doesn't work? the Mario Badescu Seaweed cleanser (the green,chunky one). It says it's supposed to get rid of dirt and makeup but I have used it in the shower, rubbed it on my face for over a minute, even used facial scrubbers with it and when I went to dry off my face with my towel ALL my makeup was still on my face!!! I mean, I have NEVER had a product dissapoint me that much.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

@islandqt. Oh that's a bummer! Have you tried their other products and do you like them? I generally dislike exfoliating cleansers, but I really like their rose/aloe spray and was planning to give some of their skincare stuff a shot. 0.0

DesertRose0706

(0) Hearts

I bought the Urban Decay 24/7 concealer after hearing rave reviews, but it didn;t work foe me at all.  It was super greasy, had barely any coverage and transfered very easily.  I returned it, but it was a bummer because I really wanted it to work.

MintShake

(0) Hearts

The problem I had with the concelaer is that it's very sheer, and it looked like flour was on my face :/

Daniela1387

-Philosophy's Purity Made Simple Facial Cleanser and Eye Makeup Remover. It did nothing to remove my Pixi eyeliner that I put in my water line instead it just smudged it all over my face. Also I found that the cetaphil gentle cleanser did a better job for half the price =).

-Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Lovecraft. I thought this was just amazing because it was my lips but better lipstick I even started a convo about it on this forum. However after wearing allll day I found that it tasted absolutely gross and dried my lips like raisins returned!!! And got the Smashbox lipstick in Primrose sooo much better =)

-MUFE Lip liner Perfector lots of people swear by this lip liner and I loved it until I found that it needed to be sharpened after two days of using it (I dont wear bold colors extremely often so when i reached for it and it already needed to be sharpened I was wat????). For the price i want a product to last me longer than a week. Got myself some NYX lip liners in various colors for the same price as this lip liner and havent had to sharpen them yet (its been over 1 month).

DTalksAll

I believe the chunks are eucalyptus leaves 

marydiva

oh good to know :smileyhappy:

DTalksAll

[ Edited ]

I posted mine in this thread already http://community.sephora.com/t5/Eyes/Products-you-regret-buying/m-p/505531/highlight/true#M3067

Mine are the Vice palette, NARS satin lip pencils, benfit flawless & any drugstore product 

marydiva

GlamGlow! Worst idea ever!! It really did absolutely nothing for my skin and dried out and got paste like. Ewwwww. 

chiararaiden

(0) Hearts

I have the black jar and LOVE it!  The green tea is SO soothing, and it has really made a difference with my pores.

Manda

(0) Hearts

I agree.  Glamglow was not the greatest dried out my skin horribly.  Instead, I have been using Origins Charcoal mask, which works just as great without the high price.

roxystar4

I sampled Glam Glow and was not a fan either.  I followed the directions and the next morning I woke up and had the black mask stuck in the pores on my chin (it looked like black heads)!  They were not there the night before (before I did the mask).

melisa16

Oh noo. The one in the white jar or black jar? I was thinking about getting the one in the white jar so I want to be aware

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

white jar

marydiva

The white jar! It really didn't help my skin at all and after only two months, it's starting to get very pasty. The jar "seals" but it doesn't keep air out very well and the actual clay starts to dry out. 

DTalksAll

Most clay products have a tendency to dry out a bit. GLAMGLOW states you can add a few drops of purified water & stir to revive it. I've had mine since January & have had no issues with it drying up. I make sure I clean the seal and the top of the jar after each use, press the seal in and then tightly close the jar. 

I know everyone's skin is different, but I use it once a week and have seen improvement in my skin. 

marydiva

I'll have to try adding the water to it, because I was pretty bummed that it had dried out and I bought it in late February. Do you have like, weird chunky clay pieces in yours? I don't know WHAT it is, but it's like, dry flake like things that have been in there since I bought it, and I'm not sure if it's supposed to come that way or not. 

ChicDabbler

Yup, the white one have those, don't worry about it. Also, if you've only used it once and notice the blackhead etc, it would be just bringing junk underneath the skin up to the surface, then out. But if after 1-2 weeks (3-5 uses) the condition haven't changed/improved, then it's probably not for you. =/

curly0306

Clinique foundations, I've tried two and neither have been light enough or worked well for me.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@beautytester - I respectfully disagree that it was bringing "junk" to the surface in my case. Because the day before I had everything extracted.  

The consistency of the "black head"- which was just the GLam Glow stuck in my pores, was different than the typical blackhead.  

buzzbee3

They're all like that. Part of the product I guess. I'd like to know what ingredient the chunks are tho. The awesome thing about clay masks are that if they dry out all you have to do is add a little bit of water to it. I do it all the time with my PTR Sulfur mask. It hasn't hurt the effectiveness of the product at all.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 126 replies
  • 95 hearts
  • 60 in conversation
    • runy
    • DTalksAll
    • islandqt
    • prosopon
    • jjj4evr
    • alexandram