kmoliver15

Preference on blush

I'm trying to decide between purchasing another shade of the NARS blush (oasis) or trying Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour blush in Glisten. I've never used Tarte products before and was wondering if anyone would recommend one blush over the other or any brand of blush in general? Any feedback would be great! Thanks :smileyhappy:

invisiblebike

Re: Preference on blush

(0) Hearts

I think the Nars and Tarte blushes are equally fab.

kellianne

(0) Hearts

I'd go with Glisten for sure! It is gorgeous and ridiculously pigmented, a little goes a long way, so you'll have it forever. I've had mine for almost a year now and use it fairly often and haven't even put a dent in it.

ry22

(0) Hearts

Hello kmoliver15 :smileyhappy:

I am a huge Tarte fan. I love how their Amazonian Clay blush is packaged in containers that are the same color as the product: it makes it so easy to sift through them in a hurry. Also, the mirrors on the lid are adorable. Tarte is natural, so less icky chemicals. The quality, pigmentation, and texture of Tarte blushes are superior to others I have tried.

Hope this helps!

kmoliver15

(0) Hearts

That helps a lot! Thank you so much! :smileyhappy:

glossyguru

Glisten was the first Tarte blush that i've ever owned, and I can't say enough good things about it. It is a gorgeous shimmering pink color, and lasts all day!

kmoliver15

(0) Hearts

I think I'm going to order it! After the picture kiki1517 posted I think I will really love the shade :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

Brand-wise, I love them both.  Personally, when choosing between brands of similar quality, sometimes it comes down to color.  They are not always exact dupes.  It's a difference of $3, but if you like a particular color, I always go with the right shade versus cheaper.

I did find that Tarte's absorbed oiliness better, but that's just me.

Kiki1517

[ Edited ]

I personally love Tarte Glisten. If you like shimmery blushes, this one is very pretty. I don't use NARS blushes because they break me out, but just from swatches, Glisten is most similar to Deep Throat, just a bit more pink.

DSC_0272-001.JPG

LindaDD

Ahh, I love Deep Throat and I love Tarte blushes. I was just mentioning earlier that I refuse to buy it because I hate the name. I'll pick up Glisten the next time I can get it on sale then. Thanks for this!

Missie772

I want the Laura Mercier Sweet Mandarin blush... so badly!!!

DoctorsMrs

NARS Oasis and Tarte's Glisten are hard to compare because these two shades aren't even in the same color family. If those are the two you're deciding between I'd say go for Oasis if you want a cool toned plum that isn't too intense or dark. Go for Glisten if you want a warm somewhat bright peachy- pink.

kmoliver15

I guess I really didn't notice the color difference from the pictures online, but I would probably go for Glisten to have a little pinkness in my cheeks! 

lillyjumper

I am IN LOVE with the tarte blushes, so I would go with Glisten! its a beautiful color, and lasts a long time!!

kmoliver15

(0) Hearts

I've read some of the reviews and every one seems to like the Tarte blushes and the brand in general! I think I might give it a try :smileyhappy: thanks for the advice! 

lillyjumper

I have a few Tarte products, and I am hocked on the brand!!! my skin isnt the best, and Tarte products dont aggravate my skin, which is always good :smileyvery-happy:

kmoliver15

(0) Hearts

I have very sensitive skin so if they don't aggravate my skin that's even better yet! :smileyhappy:

tashalicious

Sephora's Colorful Blush, its just as pretty as the Nars in my opinion but it cost less. :smileywink:th.jpg

drrragon

OMG i've been eyeing those Sephora blushes for months now!  I reaaaaaalllly want that matte orange one.  I tried it in store and it was so blendable with a lovely texture, and lots of pigmentation.  

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

The matte ones are especially nice.

tashalicious

BUUUUUUUUY IIIIITTTT!!!!!!   you wont get a better blush for that price. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 26 replies
  • 21 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • drrragon
    • ry22
    • invisiblebike
    • lillyjumper
    • Missie772
    • kmoliver15