valentinamia

Powder to Liquid Foundation Help!

(0) Hearts

So, I have been on a mission to find a good liquid foundation after having used mineral powders since forever, with no avail... Every time I go into a store, I feel as though the sales assistants just point me in the direction of whatever's closest to them, rather than something that would work for me, so I thought I would try my luck here! I have combination skin with an oily t-zone, visible pores (yay!) and get the occasional breakouts.  I love my powders, but I feel like liquid foundations tend to have a more natural look and have a larger array of color options, which is why I'm looking.. Any information would be great!

andyhtrieu

Re: Powder to Liquid Foundation Help!

(0) Hearts

I would recommend the Estee Lauder Double Wear and MUFE Mat Velvet. Both have medium to full coverage and last all day. They also have a matte finish that won't look cakey. I prefer the MUFE because the packaging is so much better and you can control the amount of product that comes out. The EL can get messy really easily.

quixotic

[ Edited ]

In addition to the Hourglass that kalex suggested, you may want to look at the UD Naked Skin.  I have skin like yours, and recently switched from powder foundation to the UD.  It actually feels lighter on my face than the powder did, and has great staying power.  It is also incredibly natural looking - I buff it on with a foundation brush, and find it only takes 1-2 pumps to cover my whole face. I use the Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer with it, which would go great with either the Hourglass or the UD foundation.

Hope this helps!

kalex

I love Hourglass foundations.  I haven't tried this particular one because I'm not oily, but it sounds like what you're looking for!  (And if it's a good as their other foundation and tinted moisturizer I'm sure you'll love it!)

http://www.sephora.com/immaculate-liquid-powder-foundation-mattifying-oil-free-P301802?skuId=1340991

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • kalex
    • quixotic
    • valentinamia
    • andyhtrieu