tessie84

Personal Makeup Collections!

I thought there was a thread like this, but I searched a few different times and couldn't find it. I wanted to see exactly how much makeup I have now since I store it all over the place in my small bathroom, and I thought I would share what I have. This includes cosmetics, fragrance, and nail products. However, I excluded any tools (e.g. makeup brushes, sponges, etc.) unless it was part of a set, like with the Tarte brow mousse. I have been trying to go on a no/low-buy (with the exception of replacing basics, like face wash or sunscreen), but I feel like this is evidence that now is the time! With the purchase of the Sleek Contour Kit, I can't even act like there's anything I have to have...at least until the fall collections start coming out...

2014-06-11 16.36.45.jpg

2014-06-11 16.48.22.jpg

tessie84

Re: Personal Makeup Collections!

Haha...I don't think it's so much about how big the stash is as it's cool to see what different things people have. It may give the rest of us some ideas of other products to explore...

notcreative

[ Edited ]

nail polish 2.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

nail polish 1.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I do not want to pull everything out again, but here are the things I have shared thus far (lippies, nail polish and blush).  The pictures are a little outdated as I have added a few products since taking these, added 11 nail polishes alone since I took these.

crayzeeRN

What is the blush in the middle row second in from the left? It's a peach marbelized looking blush.

Love your collection!

notcreative

(0) Hearts

I finally wore that blush today.  It is very pretty.  If you want to see it, follow this link:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Beauty-Confessions/What-are-you-wearing-today/td-p/170167

notcreative

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks.  It is Laura Geller Blush n Brighten in Dreamsickle.  I have not used it yet, but her baked blushes are my favorite.  The one that is two spots to the left (picture right) of that is my favorite blush ever, Laura Geller Blush n Brighten in Boysenberry. 

tessie84

They all look fantastic, but I am particularly in awe of your blush collection.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

Thanks.  I completely forgot about the blushes from the Em palette when I took the picture or else I am sure I could have gotten everything in one picture though.  

kalex

Doing those were a lot of fun! 

ladymeag

Mine are all out of date. I've cycled in a bunch more stuff and cycled some stuff out and... the Alex 9-drawer I have is about to need a companion. *sigh*

kalex

Mine are all outdated too.  I'm finding creative ways to stash my stuff without buying another set of drawers!

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

Ha, trying to keep mine contained is proving difficult again!!

jellybean917

Yes, definitely out of date. I just moved in with my fiance after 3 years apart and he's going to be, uh, surprised when he sees how much makeup I've acquired. Okay, he's going to be appalled. I've still got everything hiding in bags and boxes. I'm a little nervous.

Leselma

(0) Hearts

Great collection!!

Which of all of this are your favorite products? 

tessie84

(0) Hearts

Wow...that is so hard to answer! I love everything in my collection. (Anything I don't love gets returned, or I try to give it away.) However, if I had to pick right now, I would say my top 5 are (in no particular order):

1) Chanel Le Blush Creme de Chanel in #67 Chamade

2) Tarte's waterproof brow mousse in Rich Brown

3) Too Faced's Better than Sex mascara

4) NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Luxembourg

5) Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in #457 Wild Orchid

6) Givenchy Le Rouge in #306 Carmin Escarpin

7) Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Amarone (Can you tell I have a thing for lip colors?)

8) Too Faced's A La Mode eyeshadow palette

9) Lancome Color Design Infinite Eye Shadow in Always Fuchsia (which I unfortunately don't get to wear often...it's a bit "loud")

10) Jo Malone's Nectarine Blossom and Honey cologne

cdiamond

(0) Hearts

I wish I could take a picture of mine.... I just moved and I have 3 giant boxes and a carry on full of makeup (shameful, I know) to unpack... My nail polish could probably fit in one picture though! 

Maybe when I start unpacking / get a vanity setup I can take pictures

heartsmyface

I feel so full of shame right now:smileysad:   contemplating taking a picture of mine but the mess I would be left with.....

tessie84

(0) Hearts

Haha...understandable. It took me away to assemble all of this, but I thought it was a good way to take inventory. You could always post just what you're using this season...

malday

[ Edited ]

Well, mine definitely would not fit nicely in two pictures haha.

If anybody kindly reminds me tomorrow, then I will actually go through my stuff and lay out all my makeup the best that I can.

notcreative

[ Edited ]

It took me two pictures just for my lippies and two just for my nail polish.  I could not get them all in one shot that still showed detail. 

I would take a picture of everything, but that is way too much work.  It took me 10 minutes to repack my blushes when I shared them.  I need more storage, so I do not have to keep playing Tetris to put things away.  Then, I realized I forgot a palette and added another picture anyway.

kbmatthews

I think I'd need to do the pictures in chunks... like blushes one day, eyeshadows another... LOL. Because they'd all fill up a separate picture!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 87 replies
  • 171 hearts
  • 26 in conversation
    • kalex
    • lovinglondon
    • nikki
    • malday
    • ladymeag
    • crayzeeRN