emmaclaire

Perricone MD No Makeup Skincare Line Review!

I was recently gifted (by Sephora) the Perricone MD No Makeup Skincare line to try and review. I received my products today and wanted to post an immediate review to let other BT users know my impressions! I apologize for the lack of pictures - I will be able to post pictures later, but can't do so at the moment.

1. No Foundation Foundation

This product is a very sheer, hydrating foundation that is more akin to a tinted moisturizer than a typical foundation. I was sent shades 1 and 2, and because I am ultra fair, I was only able to keep shade 1 (shade 2 went to my sisters, who are incredibly excited to play around with it!). I was first very surprised that there was a color match for my incredibly fair skin given the limited shade range, but shade 1 is delightfully suited to my near-albino complexion. For other fair ladies, this product is sheer enough that each shade can be used for a variety of tones, so even if you are fair but not ghostly (like me) shade 1 will likely be perfect for you!

The packaging is beautiful. This product comes in a frosted glass vial with neat printing to indicate the brand and specific type. It comes with a plain black, plastic, screw-off lid but the package includes a plastic pump that can be used for a more traditional dispensing of foundation. I love that the pump was included separately, as it makes travel a breeze! The foundation itself is probably best suited to fairly dry skin types, as it is very hydrating. The finish is described as a matte satin, which is decently accurate: on my combination oily skin, it ended up more satin and less matte, but it wasn't dewy which was impressive given the moisturizing properties! It is very sheer coverage, though it is buildable to slightly more opacity. I think this product would be best used by a) drier skin, b) more mature skin, and c) users who want to even out skin tone rather than cover blemishes.

2. No Foundation Foundation Serum

As soon as I opened this I knew it wouldn't work for me because it was in shade 2, which was simply too deep for me. That being said, I really liked this product upon swatching. Interestingly enough, I felt this had more coverage than the foundation, and produced a slightly more matte finish. I think this is similar to a BB cream or sheer foundation, as it was slightly hydrating but matte finish with a sheer to medium buildable coverage level. This felt completely weightless on my skin and was evenly and flawlessly distributed without any patchiness or streakiness. The packaging was identical to the foundation (frosted glass vial) but rather than an included pump, this product came with a beautiful glass and black rubber dropper as well as the black screw-off cap. This product seems to be best suited for a) combination or dry skin, b) all ages, and c) those who are looking for sheer to medium coverage designed to even skin tone rather than conceal blemishes

3. No Concealer Concealer

I really loved this, but alas, it was in shade 2 which was too dark for my far skin. Another product sent to my deliriously happy sisters! Again, the packaging on this product is really stunning. It comes in a deep pewter tube with a screw-off cap and a modified doe foot applicator. The container feels very heavy, which I think is wonderful and elevates the luxury feeling of the line. It is a stunning high shine tube, which is so metallic it really looks and feels as though it were made of solid pewter. The concealer is thick and creamy but not greasy, with sheer to medium coverage that seems buildable. Because this wasn't the right shade I have limited information about how the product itself actually performs, but it was so nice feeling after I swatched it that it made me very interested in purchasing in the correct shade!

4. No Bronzer Bronzer

This was so interesting! It comes in a smaller version of the foundation (smaller frosted glass vial) with the same included dropper as the foundation serum. The product itself is liquid, and serves a triple purpose as either a bronzer, a mixing medium for the foundation/foundation serum to customize color, or a mix-in for the blush to create a custom cheek color! I am new to the bronzer world, so I was very nervous about this product, but I actually love it. Since it is a liquid, I felt very confident about my ability to control the level of pigment with each application. It is fairly sheer but definitely buildable, and I could see myself using it as a contour or a traditional bronzer as the shade is very versatile on my fair neutral skin. The shade itself is a slightly warm toned, medium brown that can be built to a lovely coppery shade. It appears to be a satin matte finish, but feels very light and comfortable on my skin. Best of all, it is extremely easy to blend and does not apply with visible streaks or patchiness. I am definitely excited to use this product this summer, and believe it will become a staple for me.

5. No Blush Blush

I love this stuff! Once again, packaging is beautiful in the (tiny!) frosted glass vial, but this bottle comes with a black screw-off cap attached to a doe foot applicator. This blush is liquid, but pleasantly creamy with a unique amount of slip. It's a sheer, warm, rosy shade that looks like a beautiful natural flush on my skin. It's also nicely buildable to a more pronounced color if desired. The bottle is also awesome because it's specially designed to avoid gunky build up by including a really cool vacuum/bottle neck seal at the lip of the product. It's hard to describe (I will try to take a picture later) but it basically keeps the applicator from getting overly covered in product and making a big mess - it's very tidy and very cool! I really love this and can see it being a great choice for anyone who wants a very natural look with a liquid/cream blush. I strongly prefer powder blush (in fact, this is the only non powder blush I own) but I definitely see myself using it! It has a lovely satin finish that adds a bit of very natural and sophisticated luminescence to the skin.

6. No Lipstick Lipstick

Possibly my favorite product of the bunch! This comes in the same stunning packaging style as the concealer - a deep, super metallic, super heavy pewter. The style of the packaging is also reminiscent of Fresh Sugar lip products, as it has the same screw-off cap. I really love this lipstick! It's a sheer, warm rose tone that has a medium gloss finish and is beautifully hydrating. I will absolutely be wearing this, and often. It's a perfect "my lips but better" shade that feels wonderful on my lips. It doesn't have a particularly long wear time, but is so nice and easy to use that reapplication is an absolute breeze. I love this so much I will absolutely purchase to keep back ups! It has a lightly fruity scent that doesn't linger, but I found very pleasant. Scent sensitive folks will want to test this product out before buying.

7. No Mascara Mascara

This is a very nice natural mascara with a great want! Same style of packaging as the lipstick and concealer, with the same neck as the blush (making it virtually impossible to get a gloopy mascara wand with too much product). It is a brownish black shade, which I was worried about because I own only black mascara, but the shade is dark enough to accentuate my lashes beautifully without looking as stark/dramatic as black mascara. It lengthens and creates volume naturally, and helps my lashes hold a curl nicely. It also serves as a wonderful base for my lashes when I want to layer mascaras for a more dramatic look!

Final thoughts:

This was such a wonderful gift to receive, and I'm so thrilled to have these products to play around with! I really love them and am so thankful to both Perricone MD and Sephora for their generosity. This line is natural and understated, but very elegant and pretty! I also really loved the fact that every product is clearly marked with a sticker that indicated the expiration date for everything! Incredibly packaging, high quality products, and anti-aging benefits/skincare included in each item!

Zpsid91

Re: Perricone MD No Makeup Skincare Line Review!

(0) Hearts

That is an awesome giftie from Sephora :smileyhappy: You all have convinced me I need to try the No Blush Blush...it sounds and looks amazing! Keep on being an awesome member of BT!!

anaa

I received this lovely gift of products also.  I have used Perricone skincare just about exclusively for a lot of years, and have used the No Foundation before; I find it to be a bit too dewy for me. I love the lipstick, blush and bronzer in this set, they are outstanding products.  I gave the mascara to my daughter, and she is really happy with how it goes on and stays on.  I gave her the lighter shade of the foundation as well.  I have used the serum, and I really like it given it isn't as dewy as the foundation.  I haven't tried the concealer yet.  Overall, these products are exactly what I would expect from Perricone, and given that they contain the same skincare ingredients that I have used with great success, I will definitely repurchase items from this group.  My favorite products are the lipstick and blush.  Thanks Sephora!  Fabulous gift!

RandeeBT

Thank you for your review, emmaclaire! We appreciate all of your awesome feedback! You'll have to let us know if the No Mascara Mascara helps your lashes get stronger!

Best,
Randee
quixotic

FYI - the No Blush Blush just came back in stock online if anyone is interested.

kssweetheart

Good for you emma!  Thanks for such a detailed review, I can't wait to read what others have to say. I'm glad you got this gift. :smileyhappy:

The No Lipstick Lipstick is especially intriguing to me, thanks for mentioning the scent/flavor of it - I don't think I'll be able to resist it, especially since it's so beautifully packaged. To be honest, everything but the bronzer sounds Great to me. I'm also a whiter-than-white girl, so I was excited to hear that the No Foundation Foundation in shade 1 is light enough. Thanks again for taking the time to write this review for us. :smileyhappy:

czikimonkey

(0) Hearts

Super duper excited to try this stuff! 

xpap

Wow! Those products sound really great - I, of course, now want them all. Your sisters are very lucky :smileyhappy:

LariTheLoud

This is an awesome review! Thank you so much for being thorough. I'll keep an eye on this line to try out someday. :smileyhappy: The packaging sounds really, really nice, and for people that want a really natural look, it'll be a good match.

I do have to admit that Sephora is really awesome with surprise gifts for us, and they tend to come out of the blue. I received a Kate Somerville gift a few weeks back including a travel-sized Exfolikate, an Age Arrest Dermal Quench serum, and an Age Arrest Hydrating Mask lab sample... which is still more than half full, and I actually quite like it. In fact I've been really loving the hydrating mask, which I know someone reviewed on BT a little while ago. I reviewed it on the Sephora shop site with a disclaimer. I basically used it as a nighttime moisturizer three times a week and I wake up with nice, firm, smooth skin by morning. I think it smells fresh and nice too! Exfolikate I already use regularly (2x a week) and love to pieces for my acne-prone skin.

DTalksAll

Awesome review thanks! 

I got my package yesterday & will play later on today. I have used the No Foundation Foundation for many years. The original formula before they switched to two shades was my favorite. I actually returned a bottle a few months ago because the new formula is too dewy/greasy on me & I have dry skin. I was looking for a light tint on those days I don't want to wear makeup. I found I had to set it with powder which defeated the purpose of a "lazy day" product. I asked on Perricone's FB page if they changed the formula again, sadly no :smileysad: but they did say the serum is supposed to be more matte. 

I saw a perricone rep on instagram was using the blush as a lip liner prior to the lipstick to get more color out of it. I seriously cannot wait to play with everything. Thanks Sephora! 

joeanne

Great review on all the products! I am especially excited about the blush and lipstick. They sound wonderful. Can't wait till we can see them in the store!

andyhtrieu

Just a question, how did you and a few others receive this gift? :smileyhappy:

killahbabe

We got this gift from Sephora specifically because we've been signed up for BT since it launched and are still around today.

quixotic

As an avid Perricone junkie, I am absolutely thrilled for you ladies! It was a well-deserved gift and I am really looking forward to everyone's reviews.

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

Oooh I wish I got gifts hahah. 

emmaclaire

We were gifted because we are original BT members and have been contributing since the site's inception in 2010.  Four years of dedication is being rewarded, it's not just sketchy favoritism or something.  Gifts are always great, but this was a reward for being original and continuous BT members and contributors.

bratknits

(0) Hearts

Are you sure?  I'm pretty sure someone who only joined last spring or summer got it.

emmaclaire

Yes, I am sure.  There is no conspiracy theory here.  I am Rouge and I have not gotten any Rouge perk.  This is not  Rouge perk.  I have already re-qualified for Rouge for next year (I had done so by March).  This has literally nothing to do with that.  This is, as I just stated, a gift for original BT members.  This gift was only made available to people who joined BT in 2010 and are still contributing today.  That's it, period, end of conversation.

killahbabe

Everyone that I've talked to got the same e-mail stating that they were original BT members that are still active in the community. You can look up someone's official start date when you search their name. It should be in the upper right hand corner.

bratknits

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Yeah, it was tehprincessjenn who just started posting in January who said she got one.  My niece sent me a link to some free board asking if this was what Rouge was all about since she was thinking about decking out her bride's maids.  I told her no such luck.  I wonder what the criteria really was.

killahbabe

This is the info you get if you search tehprincessjenn:

HALL OF FAMER tehprincessjenn
HALL OF FAMER
‎10-30-2010
397 posts

It shows her enrollment date at 10-30-2010. So even though she started posting in January, she's been registered for BT since the beginning.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 105 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • killahbabe
    • anaa
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • malday