JenBlush

Pencil Sharpeners!?

Okay so I have noticed that not all the sharpeners can work with all the pencils!

I currently have Nyx Jumbo eyeshadow pencils and Nars Velvet Gloss lip pencils!

I wanted to know if you have them and what sharpeners do you use for them!

Can you use the same one for both? Or is there one i can find that has both?

aggiegirl2012

Re: Pencil Sharpeners!?

(0) Hearts

I've got NARS, UD & MUFE sharpeners. I find myself reaching for the NARS one more than any. It feels like it's put together better, sharpens everything I need sharpened and I love the chic look- not to mentioned that rubberized feel.

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I've had several different pencil eye liners and they all worked really great with my nars sharpener. I've only had Sephora one to compare so very little.. but I wouldn't ask for more in a sharpener 

its very pretty and chic looking if it matters to you too 

mychoi

(0) Hearts

Ok for the sake of saving four bucks (yay) I ordered the NARS one. if that doesn't pass the test the UD grind house all the way! Haha

shortstuff07

I have both, I like the Nars one a tiny bit better because it seems to stay together better, where as my UD one has a loose cover.  

mychoi

(0) Hearts

thanks for the input! it has super great reviews and you guys all seem to like NARS also so I'm sure it won't disappoint :smileyhappy:

Manda

The UD ones reminds me of cheap plastic in a way. (Sorry to all those UD fans, but it does!)

Manda

[ Edited ]

I have the UD sharpener. It works well but I wish I would have gotten the Nars one. Sadly, it was sold out.  For me, I am afraid I am going to break the UD sharpener if I drop it, because it is made out of plastic.  

marydiva

I use the NARS sharpener for my eyeliner pencils and Velvet Gloss Pencils! :smileyhappy: It works like a dream!

bombshell30

UD grind house is the best! They sharpen everything and last forever! 

nikki

(0) Hearts

Love Grindhouse! At first I was like, do I really want to spend that much on a pencil sharpener? But it fits all my pencils and gives smooth, not jagged edges. And it doesn't get clogged/clumped up.

mychoi

(0) Hearts

No buy shmo buy... This is a necessity! :smileywink:

JenBlush

Do they work on both jumbo and skinny pencils though? That was always my concern. I stilll (since i posted this question lol) havnt needed to sharpen any products, but when that day comes, i want to get one that is functional for every size! :smileyhappy:

mychoi

Pregunta: between the UD grind house and NARS sharpener, is ud really worth the 4 more dollars? I have the sephora one and it sharpens the pencil all jaggedly and when I reach the nub of the lead before sharpening, it scratches my eyelid. These won't do that right?

marydiva

NARS is perfection! :smileyhappy:

btmod1

Hi JenBlush, I recommend trying the NARS Pencil Sharpener:

NARS sharpener.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/pencil-sharpener-P84818?skuId=804070

It has a removable adapter that allows you to adjust the size to fit even the largest pencils.

Also, the Urban Decay Grind House is another great sharpener that fits both regular & jumbo pencils:

Grind House.jpg

http://www.sephora.com/product/productDetail.jsp?keyword=urban%20decay%20sharpener&skuId=1470988&pro...

Hope this helps!  :smileyhappy:  -Laura

JenBlush

(0) Hearts

Awesome! thank you!

starletta8

I second the love for the NARS sharpener.  I have a number of other sharpeners but it's the one I reach for over and over because it just works.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 19 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • btmod1
    • nikki
    • marydiva
    • Manda
    • bombshell30
    • JenBlush