Packing makeup for travel

I'm going to New Jersey (and New York) in a couple weeks, I will be there for about a week and a half, yay! But I am terrible at packing my makeup, because I don't want to bring too much and have it take up to much room, but at the same time I want options. 

So I wanted to find out how others choose products and such for when they went traveling.

I already have basics like a buildable foundation, concealer, pressed powder for quick touchups, eyebrow pencil. Mostly I'm stuck on choosing products with shades, since I typically switch them up a bit. Maybe UD Naked palette, but it's not super compact and doesn't have other colors. 

I'm not completely opposed to buying other things to make it easier for travel :smileyhappy:

Re: Packing makeup for travel

(0) Hearts

I have to travel to and from college every week after I visit home for the weekends and a product I absolutely LOVE for travel is the Too Faced Natural face palette and the Too Faced Romantic eye Palette! The face palette has everything you could need: Bronzer, highlighter, brightner, cream blush, powder blush, and concelear. The Romantic eye palette has a variety (but not too many that make it overwhelming) of eyeshadows to change up your look day to day. And both of these palettes fit comfortably into my mini caboodle case! :smileyhappy: 

Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

i think travel for me is the times that i love all in one palettes. think too faced on the go palettes, that it has 8 shadows, and then either bronzers/blush/highlight etc depending on which you get. But just anything compact like that I love for travel.

swfupload_2632451962144200274.jpg

Or of recent you could think UD Naked Basics and UD Naked Flushed, both are small and pack a lot of your makeup together. I think the biggest suggestion though is products that can double up....so a stain that is good for lips and cheeks, or (if you can get away with it because i can't) using concealer as an eye primer, or if my face is doing well i just do concealer and powder and skip the foundation all together, being strategic about your colors (maybe a palette with deeper colors to double as liners, or a blush thats of a color to be both a contour or blush depending on placement). and it is definitely when i pull out deluxe sample EVERYTHING!

(0) Hearts

That TF palette is adorable, I saw it at the store and it looked great, the only thing is that I hate when lip gloss/ color is in a palette so close to powders, it makes such a mess!