lPinkAllurel

PRODUCTS YOU REGRET BUYING

Hey Beauties ! I was just here thinking and browsing the Sephora site along with my collection and it made me think about some stuff that just wasn't worth all the hype or wasn't all that . Most recently for me it has been the Benefit There Real Push up liner, it just wasn't a good consistency in my opinion and i totally could have done without it but anyway i thought i would start the discussion of what products have you purchased that wasn't worth the hype or you regret getting

infinitise

Re: PRODUCTS YOU REGRET BUYING

(0) Hearts

I actually regret repurchasing the Hourglass mineral veil primer.

It worked great a few years ago, but now it makes my skin look terrible. 

I bought it as backup, so its like 3~4 months old on the receipt so I couldn't return it :smileysad: 

I also regret buying Tarte gel liner (LE duo color) because the black one smudges. 

bronze color for whatever reason doesn't and I'm very pleased with them 

ballerinagrl

(0) Hearts

I can SO empathize! Isn't it weird how our skin changes as we mature, and products that once made us look incredible become nightmares?

infinitise

(0) Hearts

Yes! my skin was a bit oily for about 2 ~3 years when I was turning 20, but now its back to being dry.. 

so this primer makes my skin look dehydrated and dead! 

beauty4ashes

[ Edited ]

I went through a period about two years buying entire skin care lines, even their make-up, from La Prairie. Not just one line from the brand, I believe almost all of them. This was during a very difficult time in my life. I guess I was trying anything to deal with my overwhelming grief.  :smileysad:  

The regret is not the brand, I'm sure the products are lovely. Every single line caused irritation or allergic type reactions. This was before I knew I had allergies/sensitives to certain chemical ingredients. I was too embarrassed to return them for refund because of how expensive the product line. They are now merely expensive decorations since the packaging is beautiful.  emo.gif

ballerinagrl

Grief made me buy entire DVF collections, although I have never actually liked her wrap dresses, and have never worn any of them ...

notcreative

I cannot imagine what you went through during that period.  I know I've told you before, but I am really sorry for your loss.  

I have never determined what ingredients I am allergic to and never return anything, so I have a lot of stuff I cannot use as well.  Typically, I just give or trade it away.  Maybe, I should start returning things that do not work. Sometimes it takes me months (or even longer in some cases) to use a new product though.

End0ra

Benefit They're Real push up eyeliner.  I tried really hard to make it work for me but it's just no good. Also the Tarte inner rim liner.  Absolutely no staying power whatsoever. It's worn off by the time I leave the bathroom.

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

It's crazy how products can be so drastically different on different people. I LOVE the inner rim liner, and use it almost daily. But I remember getting my sister to try it once, and she hated it.

End0ra

(0) Hearts

I'd probably love it if it stayed on me for more than a minute!   I also find it a little bit gritty.  But it goes on nice and easy, I'll give it that.

LarissaLaDonna

(0) Hearts

Benefit mascara,Laura merciers hi-lite duo,benefits watts up. They we're all, awful.

The mascara wouldn't dry and made me have a massive case of spider lashes. EW!

The hi-lite duo was EXTREMELY matte and the lip gloss that came with it,was WAY sticky.

The benefit watts up,was greasy,crumbled just putting it on (I am light handed) and it left me looking oily.

I regretted those so much! But,I am glad, I found out,what not to buy and use on my skin. That's the only good part. LOL

BrideSona

(0) Hearts

*Sigh* I regret buying....  Urban Decay Eyeshadow primer. It was when they were going to do the switch over form the genie bottle to the tube and had a bunch of them on sale. So I went crazy and got all 3 of them. I had seen it in the store, read about it, swatched it on my hand and was convinced that this was exactly what I needed. I was so excited....but...yeah... Once I got them and started to use them...didn't like them so much. It would dry out my eyelids too much. So much so I got a rash right on my eyelid. I thought it might have been something else. Got a cream, stopped wearing any eye stuff to let the skin heal. Then tried it again and the rash was back! Eczema! On my eyelid! EYELID! ARGH!!! This was so drying that it gave me rashes. Now I have tubes of this stuff. TUBES! So yes I do regret buying this...moral of the story...get samples and don't be pulled into all the hype.

lew132

I'm another that hates the primer potion.  

BuxomBabe80

I also HATE the UD eye shadow primers! They've never worked for me. 

lew132

The UD naked 2& 3.  I'm just meh about them. 

hydee77

(0) Hearts

Nars blush, Nars eyeshadow, the Benefit Push up liner (so hard to remove), various Bliss skincare items and their body wash.  This is what I can think of for me off the top of my head.

End0ra

(0) Hearts

Oh yeah, another for the Bliss body wash.  I've had better in motels.

kateye7

(0) Hearts

I always fall in love with Nars Shadows in the pan they are beautiful. Doing a heavy swatch they are amazing however the application is horrible... everytime.

notcreative

(0) Hearts

MAC Kelly Osbourne eyeshadow quad.  It did not apply smoothly and creased on me.  The colors were so pretty, so I gave it another shot.  Got the same terrible result.  Hopefully, whoever ends up with it enjoys it more than I did.

1ena

(0) Hearts

I regret buying Clarisonic Mia 2-( It was so expensive, but it didn't worth the money. I've been using it for 8 months & it didn't clean properly or change my skin. I have very oily acne-prone skin, so Clarisonic isn't able to clean my skin. I had to use my regular scrab after Clarisonic. Why should I use Clarisonic if my scrub is much better. Will never ever trust Clarisonic products!

AHermes

(0) Hearts

Oh gosh i really regret buying the tarte primer cc color stick! it just clings to ever dry spot and i cannot get it to work at all. Even when i had oily skin it didn't last long.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 128 replies
  • 93 hearts
  • 54 in conversation
    • killerteeth
    • hydee77
    • jords
    • roxystar4
    • gingaaa
    • kateye7