lPinkAllurel

PRODUCTS YOU REGRET BUYING

Hey Beauties ! I was just here thinking and browsing the Sephora site along with my collection and it made me think about some stuff that just wasn't worth all the hype or wasn't all that . Most recently for me it has been the Benefit There Real Push up liner, it just wasn't a good consistency in my opinion and i totally could have done without it but anyway i thought i would start the discussion of what products have you purchased that wasn't worth the hype or you regret getting

skk150

Re: PRODUCTS YOU REGRET BUYING

The Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System Starter Kit honestly made my skin just crack and flake like nothing I've ever had before. However, this might be due to my very sensitive skin, so who knows, this could be a great purchase for someone else! For me, however, it was a wasted $36 that I could've used to buy another Nars blush.

Sn4rky

(0) Hearts

This was terrible for me too!  So incredibly harsh on the skin and the moisturizer was way too oily.  I read reviews online before buying it and thought it would be great... not for me!

leopardstars

[ Edited ]

skk150

(0) Hearts

You're welcome.. Glad to help!

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

Can't you return it? It sounds like that set if pretty hard-core, for super oily, acneic skin.  I hope your skin is better bby now!

skk150

(0) Hearts

Thanks for your concern! I'm actually now taking acne medication, so I don't have to worry about that as much anymore. :smileyhappy:

Blackwhiskey

to be honest, some of the colors in naked 3 i love, but i dont use it as much so i do regret buying that as well as urban decay book of shadows - the latest one. 

sundaespal

(0) Hearts

I have really regretted buying any skin care without getting a sample first. I have a pile of cleansers and moisturizers I have to "use up" and I hate them all. A lot of my regrets are just not knowing myself well enough: thinking I had oily skin when I have dry skin, believing something is better because it's natural instead of taking the time to look at the ingredients, thinking I'm cool toned when I'm more warm toned. Just don't add up the cost of these regrets. Pretty sure I'd cry.

lPinkAllurel

Thats how i feel too ! I'm seriously thinking about returning that liner its just not worth it 

gogreyhound

I would return it! It has really gotten a LOT of bad reviews--I think I have only seen 2 positive comments about it. The Benefit company won't realize it is a clunker unless people stop buying it, and start returning the ones they bought. I will bet that soon a "new and improved" formula will be coming out, based on all the feedback I have seen.  Take advantage of the return policy--it is YOUR hard-earned money! 

lPinkAllurel

(0) Hearts

you helped me make up my mind haha ! It's going back

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

I have found myself disappointed with the Lancome eyeshadow palettes.  They look so pretty! the powder is soft, but the fallout is obscene. To the point where, in the pan it looks like one shade with another shade of sparkly highlights, but when you put it on, it looks like a completely different color, and the sparkly highlight is allllllll over my cheeks and undereye area, and it refuses to come off.  not happy I spent 50 bucks on it.

lPinkAllurel

That sucks! The naked3 palette does that too like dusty everywhere but i love the colors 

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

yep, I love the Naked 3 palette too! It seems like every Naked palette had one stinker in there--a super-glittery color that I sure can't wear! 

lPinkAllurel

(0) Hearts

eek, the scratchy brushes sound painful, i bought a set of the Sephora brushes too the eye brushes are ok but the face ones are horrible :/ It's funny the Elf professional brushes for the eyes are some of my favorites and they are the cheapest ones haha 

annypoo

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I also love the elf brushes! Real techniques are also a great affordable brand

srikandi

(0) Hearts

Agreed! Those are my favs. Teehee. I only have one Sephora brush. #55

lPinkAllurel

(0) Hearts

oh nice i need to check those out than 

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Sephora's travel brush capsule kit.  The brushes scratched my eyes! I got the Too Faced 3 piece eyeshadow kit (also comes in a tube, perfect for travel) on sale using the welcome coupon and it's AWESOME. Believe it or not, I do all my eyeshadow looks using only those 3 brushes.  I returned the Sephora set.

infinitise

with clothing and bags, I could go on for 3~4 pages, but for some reason, I'm a bit more careful when buying makeup and skincare. 

regardless, people always make mistakes 

• Marc Jacobs face 2 brush - I love that it doesn't shed and maintains its shape, but this is very scratchy.. for something that cost like MJ pricing, its too scratchy. 
  • Cinderella midnight hour palette - its soooo pretty. love the color combination. but it just look terrible on my skin tone and facial features :smileysad: 
Blackwhiskey

i was also not impressed with the MJ highliner and pen. the pigmentation was fine but after a while the pencil got hard even though i always made sure it was closed, and the pen frayed before i finished the product, it was ugly. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 128 replies
  • 93 hearts
  • 54 in conversation
    • killerteeth
    • hydee77
    • jords
    • roxystar4
    • gingaaa
    • kateye7