Annabeauty15

PRODUCTS NOT WORTH THE HYPE?

We all know the products we LOVE? But what about products that aren't worth that high price tag??

BuxomBabe80

Re: PRODUCTS NOT WORTH THE HYPE?

I don't care for the UD Naked Skin Foundation or most MAC eyeshadows either. I'll take Makeup Geek at half the cost over MAC any day of the week. Although really UD, Armani, Dior, NARS, Too Faced, etc., all make better eyeshadows. 

infinitise

I'm glad I"m not the only one whose critical of Mac eye shadows.. my eye lids just doesn't look smooth.. I'm 22 and I sometimes see it sitting in fine lines. 

Burberry eye shadows are to die for, but I personally love Bobbi Brown eye shadows.. i don't know why.. its not as smooth and buttery as UD, Burberry, or Dior, but its very long lasting and compliments warm undertones very well. love their bone color as base 

DitzCore

Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation- I felt disgusting wearing this. I know it's thick, but this made my face feel heavy!

Hourglass blushes - I don't really find the colours outstanding and I personally found them a little too powdery.

AlwaysGlamorous

(0) Hearts

For a hot minute, KVD Lock-It Tattoo Foundation was my HG. Then, during a weekend getaway where I left the KVD foundation at home, I used my BM again and was like OMG WHAT have I been putting on my face?! I have tried to wear it since then but I agree, it just feels heavy on my face. :smileysad: 

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

Benefit they're real mascara, I like it at the beginning but i feel like it dries out too fast. I feel like there's some mascara minis out there that last longer than this mascara.

marc jacobs precision pen waterproof eyeliner / highliner gel eye crayon

- the pen frayed from the tip, making it hard to get a neat line. 

- the pencil wasn't even halfway done and it got hard to apply. 

HOURGLASS Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick

- I've had better, when I ate, this lipstick came off in patches, it was so disgusting. 

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

Better Than Sex mascara. Anything from Bare Minerals (breaks me out). 

IAmLadyLiterary

(0) Hearts

Better Than Sex is my HG mascara!  Seriously I will not leave the house without it on my lashes!  

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

:smileysurprised: Oh man, its a shame you don't like BTS mascara, it's one of my favorites!

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

I thought maybe it was just that one tube, so I tried another. Still terrible. It was so clumpy and flaky. I was really bummed it didn't work for me too.

meagboho

(0) Hearts

Boo! I remember we last talked and you said you were going to try again.  Sorry the second try was also a fail! :smileysad:  What is your mascara HG?

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

i remember not liking it at first but the lady at sephora was like "jjust keep applying it, eventually you'll get the desired look on your lashes" something like that and yeah, she was right. xD 

oh well, it either works or it doesnt. I haven't tried bare minerals but i have a feeling i won't like it so i dont even bother :\ 

BuxomBabe80

I think I tried the BTS three times and finally just gave up. I was cleaning mascara flakes off of my cheeks, eyelids, nose and even chin. It was just crazy flaky. 

I also don't care for Benefits Benetint, Lollitint, etc. They are too drying on my lips and it always turns out splotchy on my cheeks. Maybe I just don't know how to apply them right. Oh well. 

twilightnicky

Benefit's They're Not Real push up liner. Total disappointment :smileysad:

mjd312

(0) Hearts

Hmm.. I was considering getting it! What did you not like about it?

Sarahsiobhan333

(0) Hearts

i agree its just like any other mascara especially the maybelline rocket 

aydasu

(0) Hearts

Even though I love the brand, Hourglass immaculate foundation is very sheer with no coverage and settles into my pores a tiny bit. It keeps the oil away which is good but for the price I wish it had more coverage. 

BuxomBabe80

(0) Hearts

That's odd. I find it to offer really great coverage for me without feeling cakey or heavy. Bummer it doesn't offer the coverage you are looking for!

mpas

(0) Hearts

Benefit's gimme brow - Though its not a super expensive product.  It was not worth it for me at all.  Worked just as well as Revlon gel.  Nothing else special about it.  It was way way way way way too hyped up.

nathaliew

(0) Hearts

I agree mpas I was so excited to try gimme brow but it really wasn't that good

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 60 replies
  • 32 hearts
  • 38 in conversation
    • nathaliew
    • mpas