PAT McGRATH LABS

[ Edited ]

Since the brand is coming to Sephora. I thought I'd start a thread just for the brand for news and info. 

LUST: MATTE TRANCE

July 13th on her site

July 28th online at Sephora

LUST: MatteTrance Everything Kit - $275.00

LUST: MatteTrance Trios - $95

LUST: MatteTrance Singles - $38

1_MATTETRANCE_EVERYTHING_1024x1024.jpg

Spoiler
3_EVERYTHING_DARK_1024x1024.jpg5_EVERYTHING_LIGHT_1024x1024.jpg4_EVERYTHING_MEDIUM_72f8dc60-450d-4af7-8f80-c1ed7fbbbf01_1024x1024.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 2.40.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-12 at 2.40.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-12 at 2.23.18 PM.png

~Updated June 12th 2017~

Re: PAT McGRATH LABS

Oh, that's fantastic! Thank you so much for sharing that information, @Libellules!

Can anyone describe how the "balm" is?? 0.0 

I'm most interested in that "balm" and I'm trying to find something comparable, if possible. Smiley Very Happy

@HoneydewKThe balm is transparent, smooth and not sticky.  I think that it might be the real star - except for the pigments which are magic.  I copied down the ingredients if you want to do comparisons.  HTH

hydrogenated polyisobutene, trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, polyethylene, squalane, microcrystalline wax (cera microcristallina), polymethylsilsesquioxane, mica, dicalcium phosphate, silica dimethyl silylate, hydrogenated styrene/isoprene copolymer, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate, ethyl vanillin, glycine soja (soybean) oil (glycine soja oil),silica, argania spinosa kernel oil, cyclopentasiloxane, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, butylene glycol, bht, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, sodium hyaluronate,tocopherol

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much!! 

I found the directions! There were some very "do you boo" directions on the back, but there is also a small folded paper with instructions.  It was buried in the sequins (random question, I'm I the only one who wants to save and reuse the sequins if only because of how expensive everything was?)

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 8.00.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-28 at 8.03.23 PM.png

ALIENGELIC GLEAM OF OTHERWORDLY OPULENCE. That is what I want.

@Annaihk - I still have my bag of sequins from Gold001.  I have no idea why or what I'm going to do with them, and I curse every time I accidentally jostle them and knock it over, but I can't throw it out Smiley Very Happy

@Mochapj  I'm glad I'm not the only one Smiley Happy.  I see some very interesting DIYs in our future.

Boyfriend: You have 2 packages. 1 from Anthro and 1 from someone named Pat. 

Yea sure, we'll go with that Smiley Very Happy

I didn't order anything, honey, it's just my pal Pat sending me glitter.

LMAO @TKLJ! Smiley Very Happy

@Libellules I'm really curious to see how you like the highlighter.  I want to know if it can dethrone the dior glowing gardens Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

@Annaihk I love the Dior GG but the duochrome looks like so much fun! Hoping to try it tomorrow - at the latest Saturday Smiley Very Happy

Mine arrived today! Whoop Whoop!

If you ordered both, expect two packages instead of one.  Mine came packaged separately.

Here's some swatches and how it looks. Please be kind 😳 I'm no Kim K, and I've had four hours of sleep! I'm a neutral undertone, about a  NC/NW 20-23. I've got on no foundation, just some concealer, a little blush, and NARS liquid Laguna. 

On arm, top swatch is balm, then highlighter, then powder, then all three. This is natural light. image.jpegimage.jpeg

@czikimonkey you look gorgeous! I love the glow!

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much @czikimonkey these are gorgeous photos! Can you maybe elaborate a bit and say what you think about each product? Is the pigment, well, pigmented? Is the brush good quality? Did you buy with express shipping or the regular, free ground shipping? What state are you in? Lol sorry for all the questions, I'm just  curious now about when I should expect mine and also how I'll feel about the products (based on what you think about them).

EDIT: I went back a few pages and saw that you answered some of these questions already, so you can disregard them lol! I'm hoping mine will arrive today if I'm lucky, or by tomorrow Smiley Very Happy 

The pigment is pretty pigmented, haha. Not crazy pigmented, but you can definitely see the duo chrome shift. I actually think it tones down the glow from the balm and highlighter a bit--it shifts the color from a more champagne silver to a wash of pink. Without it, the glow is a bit more wet looking, I think. 

The brush is pretty good. It's soft and the bristles are thicker at the bottom. The handle is lighter than some of my more high end brushes. 

I'm in NY Smiley Happy 

You look absolutely beautiful. This glow is stunning. I wasn't interested in this until I saw how natural this looks and that it would be suitable for work. 

I'm in Canada though and it sucks that I can't order this from Sephora. I guess I'll have to get it shipped to upstate NY when it launches on Sephora. 

(0) Hearts

I hate to enable people but it's worth it to go out of your way!

Why would anyone be anything but kind and complementary of such a pretty look (and face, for that matter). You look adorable. If the price on these were, say, 50$ less I would have them at my doorstep by now Smiley Happy