autumn18

Opinions on bare minerals?

Just curious about your experience with bare minerals before I purchase it

nekoally

Re: Opinions on bare minerals?

I use the matte loose mineral foundation since it doesn't contain Bismuth Oxychloride and hence won't break me out. It does take a while to find the right brush and right technique to achieve that right coverage that you're looking for. I do have a couple of their loose eyeshadows, but they are a bit too messy for my liking. The READY eyeshadows are fabulous in my opinion. I have a couple of their primer shadows and I like them. The around the clock eyeliners are nice as well.

hypnoticpoise

The Bareminerals Matte Foundation is one of my favorite products, I just did a review on it. It gives fast, easy, buildable, natural-looking coverage. Not everything will work for everyone, but if you're curious I would definitely keep an out eye for samples or get color-matched at Sephora, for me personally I can't imagine using anything else anymore.

DesertRose0706

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

i've also tried their loose blushes and they are pretty good quality and wear nicely.   However, i really dont care for them because of how messy they are and how much room the pots take up.  i have tons of single eyeshadows and blushes, and where ever i end up storing them, that area gets covered in multicolored powder from the pots.  and its hard to find room for them or find the color you are looking for, because of the packaging. ug and travelling with them is a nightmare!

eventhough the quality of the loose powder itself is good (for the most part), i find that there are other brands that have better quality for the same price.

drrragon

I really loved my bare minerals matte foundation!  it had a lovely finish and a very natural look on my skin, and soooo easy to apply.  I had to stop using it though because of one of the sunscreen ingredients (titanium dioxide).  It's a really common ingredient but apparently I'm sensitive to it :smileysad:

Their blushes and eyeshadows are lovely though and so finely milled.  Are you looking at their loose powders or the READY line of pressed foundation, blush, eyeshadows?  I tried the READY foundation when it first came out and hated it....it was chalky, amplified the dryness of my skin, and just looked mask-like.  But the blushes and eyeshadows are wonderful.

autumn18

(0) Hearts

I was looking at the loose powder foundation. I've heard good things about the eye shadow and blush though

drrragon

(0) Hearts

ah ok then.  I will say the regular Bare Minerals loose foundation left a weird sheen on my skin that I didn't like, which was why I switched to the Matte version.  At first I was worried that the matte one would look bad on my dry skin, but it actually became a favorite of mine above and beyond my liquid foundations.

neko333

[ Edited ]

Tried once, gave me a horrible rash. Probably the Bismuth Oxychloride. I prefer Korres mineral foundation. I've used it for a year and have had much better results with it. Good option if your skin is sensitive. 

upload_2995554034977789947.jpg

bombshell30

I have also used this and like it much more than bare minerals. Bare minerals always broke me out and the Korres never did! 

nekoally

I know this is off-topic, but I love Korres makeup! Their blushes and lipsticks are so underrated! My issue with the foundation is that I have difficulty finding the right colour match.

1Emily

(0) Hearts

I have the same issue with the color matching. I have one that's a little darker than my skin tone and I just use it as a bronzer. :smileyhappy: I love it! I really love their Volcanic Mascara, too, and the Pomegranate Mattifying Treatment is AMAZING. I don't know why it gets such bad reviews.

roxystar4

[ Edited ]

Neko333, I'm wearing this today. Very natural glow, and decent coverage.

I rarely like the loose powder over pressed. but the loose Korres powder I have is a way better shade match than the pressed Korres Compact Powder that I have.

DesertRose0706

i have tried many bare mineral products and they are ok, but I definitely would choose other brands over it.  The one thing i didnt really care for at all was the mineral foundation -  it looks cakey on my skin and doesnt give hardly any coverage, at least for me.  is there a particular product from bare minerals you are looking at?

autumn18

I was looking at the foundation and blush but I don't want to buy it if I'm not going to like it. I've heard mixed things about it.

1Emily

(0) Hearts

If you don't like it, you can always return it. :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 35 hearts
  • 27 in conversation
    • kenny
    • marydiva