prosopon

One side looks better

Do you find it easier to apply makeup to a certain side of your face? Does one side always looks better?

I just noticed that I can apply makeup (specifically blush and eyeshadow/liner) better to my left side than my right (even though I am right handed!). I don't know if I just never noticed it before or what, but I am having to double check my eyes to make sure they look blended the same.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone have any tips or tricks to help make both sides look like they belong to the same face?

poshified

Re: One side looks better

Coming from a rightie, I feel that I apply makeup better to the right half of my face! lol

DesertRose0706

i have this problem with my eyes!  My right eye alwyas looks great, from eyebrow to eyeliner to mascara, but the left alwyas looks a little wonky!  I just do my best everyday to try to make the left side somewhat decent lol

DrWould

[ Edited ]

Yes! I wing my eyeliner and one wing always comes out better than the other. So frustrating! But I guess no one else would be able to notice. 

jennjenn123

For some reason sometimes I have trouble lining my left upper lid with pencil, but not the right.  Other products I can't always get to look the same, but it's not that its because I have difficulty applying to one side of the other.  Our faces/bodies aren't perfectly symmetrical. 

Just remember that people aren't going to be two inches from your face.  Take a step back from the mirror and see how things look.

DoctorsMrs

I have that problem with my mascara. The lashes on both eyes never look the same. It's probably because I can't angle the wand the same way on both sides using just my right hand. I totally obsess over it and spend way too long trying to get it right.

I agree with @LCResz, no one else can see it. So RELAX- you're gorgeous on BOTH sides. Really :smileyhappy:

prosopon

I was thinking the angle thing was my downfall! Thanks for the encouragement!

jinxski

Haha, I can kind of apply eyeliner more steadily to my left side. I don't think it's too much of a hassle though! Just make sure to double check for sure, haha

I hate when I can't get my eyeshadow completely blended evenly, too!

LCResz

Two things to keep in mind:

1) Faces are naturally asymmetrical, so one eyebrow may arch a little higher or one eyelid may droop a little more. Everybody has a "good side," so your makeup application may be the same for both sides, but the slight differences on each side may cast slightly different shadows and thus look different to us when we're staring at our faces in the mirror.

2) Only you notice the flaws in your own face, nobody else is noting that one eye has a millimeter more eyeliner than the other one :smileywink: We all tend to be hypercritical of ourselves, especially as we get more and more enraptured with playing with our looks. As long as you don't go the crazy Joan Rivers/Michael Jackson/insert random Housewife of Wherever, and become obsessed with looking "perfect" your little idiosyncrasies will make you all the more lovable.  

Just don't ask your significant other or best friends to confirm your suspicions of imperfection because then they'll always be looking out for it and tease you about it. Or maybe that's just what my hubby does, who now looks at me and can't not notice that my left eyebrow is more arched than my right and says, "If you didn't want me to notice it you wouldn't have hounded me into staring at your eyebrows!" Boys, gotta love 'em :smileytongue:

prosopon

(0) Hearts

Thank you! That makes me feel much better! And you are right about people not noticing, I just get self-conscious.

jinxski

(0) Hearts

Haha, aw, same here. My left eyebrow is way higher than my right - when I wear aviators it's super noticeable. Otherwise, I tend not to see it so much!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 17 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • poshified
    • jinxski
    • DesertRose0706
    • LCResz
    • jennjenn123