Oh, Benefit...

fluffymuha

Oh, Benefit...

image.jpgGuess who reviewed their own product? :smileyvery-happy:

kssweetheart

Re: Oh, Benefit...

(0) Hearts

Hi Zpsid91 - I think we could all Benefit from a Thank You Note from the Dynamic Duo of Jimtin....or should it be Jusmy? :smileytongue:

Zpsid91

Ha!

fluffymuha

Cheers, guys! I'm glad it turned into so much fun. I'm sure the thread was noticed by both Sephora and Benefit. This would've been the perfect opportunity for Benefit to clear things up with customers, but oh well! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

Nobody could have predicted how awesome this has been, thanks fluffymuha! :smileyhappy:

I'm pretty sure it's been noticed too.....this must be a new record for the number of times the word Benefit has been used in a single thread - or a month of threads. It's after hours now, so maybe tomorrow (or Monday) will bring a Beneficial response. :smileyhappy:

Had a hard time figuring out that 'picture'........is it 2 glasses clinking 'Cheers' ? idk

fluffymuha

It's a smiley shrugging :smileyhappy:

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

:smileyembarrassed:

Maybe there were other glasses clinking on my end when I was trying to figure our what that was. :smileywink:

I tried to use the unfocus technique that you use to see what's camouflaged in a picture with lots of geometrical shapes and colors - it never worked for me then either. 

HawaiianEyes7

"Stop trying to make 'They're Real' liner happen. It's not going to happen."

Blackwhiskey

Or Too Faced "Wanna get kinky? Lets get those satin sheets some work, I'll bring the handcuffs"...well, you guys get the idea. >_>

lylysa

Alright, I resisted long enough, time to join the GIF party!

Taken from Todrick Hall's Disney Dudez series on YouTube (there's 3 vids in today, pretty much if you want to kill some time with a boy band and them playing dual roles as Disney Princesses and Princes and Disney meldies, check it out), but I'm adding my own dialogue to make it relevant to the topic:

dd1.gif

Jasmine: (in response of the "review") "Whatever...." *snap*

dd2.gif
Princesses: "Mmmmhmmm!!!!" *hair flip*

dd3.gif

Ariel: "Hmmphhh!" *bounce bounce bounce bounce*

kssweetheart

New Dance Move Alert ~~ The Ariel Bounce! :smileyvery-happy: Thanks lylysa.

lylysa

He does it in the other videos too! It's adorable!

kssweetheart

I'll have to check that out, it's the perfect touch. 

fluffymuha

Sleeping Beauty nailed it.

lylysa

The guy in the band playing Sleeping Beauty is apparently a new member, in the first DD video it's Cinderella. :smileytongue:

sparklekai

bare minerals did it to for the bareskin foundation

Screen Shot 2014-07-17 at 1.41.05 PM.png

bratknits

(0) Hearts

I'm more willing to give BE a pass since they also had that information in the posted videos, in the packaging, and it was emphasized in store when you got matched (quite heavily when I got matched).  A lot of people's complaints about application at first were still truly user error vs. just not liking it.  

sparklekai

i actually like the product.  i use it..but when a company does a review it is not impartial.  Perhaps adding details to the description fine...but it's not a review

bratknits

(0) Hearts

I like it too but I there was a lot of bad reviews at first about application from people who didn't read the description, or the box, or watch the videos.....  I can see where they'd be wanting to put it anywhere and everywhere after a point.

snowshoe

What's what the bar lowering by Sephora?  They'll remove or not approve honest reviews by people, yet they look the other way when it comes to this junk.  I thought it was just the Rouges that they treated with the double-standard.

lylysa

Wow.....

You know what? It wouldn't be SO bad if they also had brand reps who had less than positive reviews, even mediocre reviews, post too. I understand that when someone works for a brand it's all about propping up that company, believing in what you're selling, but lines and brands aren't 100% perfect and 100% wonderful for all who give it a try (regardless of whether that company is signing your pay check or not).

This comes across as more of a glorfied product description and not an actual review.

lylysa

For kicks and giggles I hopped over to Ulta's site to see the product page for the liner and there are not one, but TWO videos on the use of the liner (which makes me wonder why Benefit didn't toss those over to Sephora to upload on their product page as well, but then again who knows the hoops that need to be jumped through to have a video posted to a product page underneath the product photo).

In the reviews, there are no "fixed/permanent" reviews from a Benefit employee, in fact, going back three pages of reviews and there's no outright Benefit employee/rep to be seen weighing in.

I noticed the questions about the product are answered a "Staff Expert" but they're labeled from Ulta and not Benefit (answering questions like "Is this waterproof? Can this be used on the waterline?").

I don't know if Ulta has the ties to brand employees to where their names/titles appear blatantly with the company they work for, but there's definitely not the same actions being taken comparing Sephora and Ulta on this item.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 190 replies
  • 478 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • melanito
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • drrragon
    • ry22
    • lylysa