Oh, Benefit...

fluffymuha

Oh, Benefit...

image.jpgGuess who reviewed their own product? :smileyvery-happy:

jemly

Re: Oh, Benefit...

[ Edited ]

this is depressing. it's an in-demand product with the wrong consistency. just make it right and people would be groveling. if a product requires too much tweaking to 'learn how to use properly' then its just bad design. one reason why the reviews are so negative is because people had SUCH HIGH HOPES. those high hopes are something Benefit could answer to, design wise, and--ahem--benefit from, rather than say "BUT YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG !! WAHHHH"

fluffymuha

More like "Practice makes perfect, gorgeous!" :smileyvery-happy:

starsandbucks

(0) Hearts

OK I LOLed. 

jemly

if i practiced with a sharpie it would look 'perfect' eventually but that doesn't mean it works well !!

roxystar4

sneaky sneaky

andyhtrieu

So, Sephora mods don't allow some negative reviews, but they allow Benefit reps to post reviews? Hmmmm..

tumblr_mdc3azBRqU1r9wv9ro1_500.gif

snowshoe

[ Edited ]

I thought the Benefit rep's behavior here at the forum was unprofessional, but this really takes it...and Sephora deciding to allow it doesn't make Sephora look good either.  It makes me seriously question Sephora's business ethics, and I bet I'm not the only one.

Blackwhiskey

(0) Hearts

do you mean on this thread or on the screenshot? i dont know if a benefit rep talked here and then deleted , thats why im asking

andyhtrieu

On a different thread, there was a Benefit rep that was going around saying "hi gorgeous! i have a few tips and tricks for you that work for me" and "practice makes perfect gorgeous!" It was really unprofessional and ridiculous. They were trying to save their @$$es

mochi813

See, at first I was angry, then I felt bad for whatever poor marketing intern had to sit there and write all of those responses. I like to think s/he was probably barfing their way through their response cards. 

andyhtrieu

[ Edited ]
Blackwhiskey

It's funny and pathetic how with all the complaints they still tried to make it like it's user error. It's ridiculous, even their latest video of "Hold your elbow for a steady hand" ...... wow. And yeah, I definitely did not like the whole "cute" nicknames they said. 

starsandbucks

[ Edited ]

I thought it was pretty funny the first few days the liner was out "someone" was going through and marking almost all the bad reviews as unhelpful (including mine). 

Cupcakecandy

Haha that's funny yeah..I haven't heard anyone say they like this product, except strawberryelectric who gpt it for free lol I really wish that they would fix it-it's not too late benefit! I feel like it could be a cool product with some tweaks! :smileyhappy:

gem5136

Yes, this is what I don't get. It is a really cool innovative applicator if the the formula was just a little bit more wet I think it could be fabulous. Admit you got the formula wrong and fix it. 

Jessicaclara

(0) Hearts

I totally agree. The applicator was good, but the eyeliner was just too dry and flakey.

Cupcakecandy

(0) Hearts

Exactly! The tricky gimmicky stuff doesn't give the brand a good rep at all! I think that people would want to buy it MORE if they see that the brand is fixing the mistake. It's not a secret that the product sucks LOL so benefit should just be up front abput that :smileyhappy:

fluffymuha

I would love to have it in my daily routine if the formula was different!

Cupcakecandy

(0) Hearts

Ikr I am not super into liner, but my sister LOVES liner, and she was pretty excited to buy it, but I showed her how bad the formula is..

MoreGun89

At least the wording (despite the action of reviewing on the Benefit account) is fairly professional.  It seems like both benefit and Sephora are trying a little too hard to push this product :/

bratknits

Desperation, it's a total flop.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 190 replies
  • 479 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • melanito
    • weeeeweeeeeee