fluffymuha

Oh, Benefit...

image.jpgGuess who reviewed their own product? :smileyvery-happy:

lylysa

Re: Oh, Benefit...

So in the July issue of Allure this liner is featured in the Editor's Picks/Hot Finds area.....fail.

What's funny is that the "stamp" technique that MissHaiL posted a photo of below is nothing new to me, I've been doing this technique for years and even introducing it to clients that are venturing into cream/gel liners for the first time and are hesitant on how to use a brush to draw a continuous line. Heck, I've even use this technique with pencil liners, drawing a few dashes and then going back with a brush or q-tip to smudge it all together for a softer, less defined look.

What has me lifting an eye brow now is the fact that in the "review" posted on the product page, the rep stated to "clean off any old formula from the last use to keep the gel fresh", meaning once you've used the liner, no biggie, just cap it back shut and leave residual product to dry and cake up on the applicator....worry about it the NEXT TIME you go to use it. Um....if you have residual product you KNOW needs to be cleaned off, why not do it right after you've used the liner? Why wait for it to dry and cake? That's like telling folks "Hey, don't worry about that quick brush cleaning after usage of your tools, just let that make up sit and fester in your brushes to full capacity until the next time you go to use them, THEN you can spritz a tissue down and remove old stuff!"

*barf*

andyhtrieu

(0) Hearts

I'm kinda pro at winged liner, so I'm debating if I should buy this and test it out........ and then return it :smileyvery-happy:

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

There have got to be enough unwanted ones out there you could do a trade for:smileyhappy: 

weeeeweeeeeee

Lol, you're going to buy something you have no intentions of keeping?

ry22

I saw a Benefit vending machine during my connecting flight in St. Paul/Minneapolis airport and was going to buy something, but after reading this I was like ehhhhhh

drrragon

OMG I just saw that same vending machine when I went through Minneapolis this Friday!  There was another one that had high-end skincare travel kits like Murad and Caudalie.  It was awesome.  Some annoying dudes were having a conversation right in front of the skincare one though so I didn't get a good look.

fluffymuha

I don't know why, but for some reason I feel like accidentally forgetting my skincare and makeup at home before a trip, and then accidentally finding one of these vending machines and asking my fiancé for his credit card in my 'damsel in distress' voice. That would be the most fun I would ever have had in an airport!

notcreative

You've obviously never been to the Vegas airport.  I am finally flying without my kids next month and hoping to have lots of fun (until I board the plane in my middle seat that is).  

meagboho

I was there Friday!

ry22

Friday??? I was there Saturday! That's so cool. 

drrragon

LOL I coulda left you a note on the vending machine! :smileyvery-happy:

MissHaiL

[ Edited ]

Haven't you guys heard?....it's the stamp technique now, instead of "lightly glide along your lash line" LOL! Either way, your product still isn't going to work. Poor poor benefit. image.jpg

snowshoe

(0) Hearts

I can kind of see the stamp technique working better than trying to draw a line, but their "gel" formula still doesn't lend itself to any form of easy application.

fluffymuha

Stamp the clumps! Stamp them, goddammit!! - Benefit

Blackwhiskey

Ever think that something's so bad you want to have it?  Oh how I wish the gel were better,, although i did tryit at ulta the other day and it glided smoothly.. but who knows how much product had to be used for it to get that fluency, and swatching on the back of your hand is definitely not the same as putting it on the eyelid. 

snowshoe

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Oh, I'm now a pro at making razor-sharp lines with it on the back of my hand.  But I agree:  there's no way in hell can that be done the same way using that eyeliner on the human eyelid.

snowshoe

I have to say, this thread had some of the best GIFs I have ever seen on BT.  Especially the Disney dudes

kssweetheart

They're the 'GIF's' that just keep on giving. :smileyhappy:

Blackwhiskey

This_820477_1504713.gif

Blackwhiskey

BenefiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiT! lambchop.gif

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats