Oh, Benefit...

image.jpgGuess who reviewed their own product? :smileyvery-happy:

fatimamummy

Re: Oh, Benefit...

Me too  :smileywink: :smileytongue:

redwagon44

"I am a Benefit employee but don’t take this as a biased review"

Really Benefit.... really?? Extremely disappointing. 

upload_6490720872820713959.gif

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]

"I am, and don't call me Shirley!" lolololololol

ps - he was so dang cute - had a big crush on him.:heart:

HawaiianEyes7

Omg, I was going to comment that until I saw yours! :smileyvery-happy: Airplane is one of the funniest movies ever lol

kssweetheart

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

@HawaiianEyes7 - That really is one of the best movies of all time, I think the humor has stood the test of time - gonna have to watch it again now. :smileyhappy: That's one of my favorite lines, it's right up there with Lloyd Bridges line,

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue!"

After I wrote that, I looked up Airplane Quotes Lloyd Bridges on youtube - short but oh so funny clip about 'Lloyd' "picking the wrong week". :smileyvery-happy:

btw - Seriously, I saw an old movie quite a while back on TCM Channel and it starred Dana Andrews (love him) and he played a former traumatized pilot & current passenger on a problematic flight - he had the same name as Robert Hayes character, Jack Striker! Don't remember other similarities, just thought that might be an interesting tid-bit of info for you. :smileyhappy:

HawaiianEyes7

They just don't make movies like that anymore lol

kssweetheart

(0) Hearts

True that! I hope we both get the chance to watch it again, I'll think of you when I do. :smileyhappy:

HawaiianEyes7

Lol me too :smileyhappy: 

AmiraHall

This product was really hyped up...and I don't recommend it at all..It is difficult to use ( and I am pretty  good at applying eyeliner.) For them to review their own product is pretty ridiculous...but thats just my opinion 

andyhtrieu

They are starting to becoming like Younique. 

heartsmyface

You know, I kinda get what benefit was trying to do here.  I'm sure they failed to mention these instructions on their original product when they released it and were simply doing some damage control-   it IS a new product and these things DO happen.  I personally have not tried the liner because of all the bad reviews but am now curious as to how it performs given these new guidelines. 

I'm their future release of the product will either contain these instructions or come in a better designed package. Either way, benefit has awesome products and mistakes happen. 

snowshoe

I also get what they are trying to do.  It's HOW they're going about doing it that makes them look bad.  First we have to deal with the condescending rep who kept calling everyone "gorgeous."  Way to make a good impression there.

Now we have this supposedly "unbiased" review which comes across as more pathetic than anything else.  But Benefit and Sephora seem to have forgotten that their customers have some level of intelligence. They would have done better to own up to it and issue a statement saying, "hey, we know there are some links, here are some tips" instead of the faux review and the subpar forum antics.

lylysa

Benefit's gimmick is the whole "Hello, gorgeous!" bit, in fact, I've worked alongside Benefit reps, past employees, and trainers from the line before and it's part of the job to be super perky and use tag lines (several of which include their product names). I've also have witness enough occasions where employees try to grab attention to sales areas (whether it's in places like Sephora or Ulta, or even department store counters) with phrases like "Are you someone who doesn't want your make up to melt, well with That Gal, you'll no longer be that gal!" 

I agree that their approach isn't putting them in the best light. Sephora has video clips underneath product images so I'm not sure why Benefit couldn't put one together and have something in the product description of "Watch the video for extras, tips, and tricks!" rather than have some "review" post that's now fixed at the top of the reviews area.

snowshoe

The "gorgeous" gimmick and taglines are fine...for marketing and sales. When it comes to customer service, especially when dealing with customer complaints, they need to stop the shtick and act like professionals.

lylysa

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Unfortunately, the brand does emphasize that gimmick in terms of customer service and interaction. Yes, it does come across as forced and phoney, but it's still something they push.

The employees I've worked with do understand it's something they need to "turn on" once they're on the job and I've never seen that attitude carry over to when they're not working. Sometimes it can come across not so in-your-face depending on the delivery and tone, but sometimes it's way overboard and I can't help but to go, "C'mon....even YOU don't buy what YOU'RE saying!"

bratknits

Do you think they do it in meetings?  Corporate ones, like with packaging vendors and printers.  That kind of perky would make me kind of punchy in less that five minuets.

fluffymuha

A Benefit employee is called into his/her boss's office.

Boss: "Hey gal! You've been with us for a while now, but we've had to make some cuts. You are one of our high beams, but I'm sorry to say, you are not porefessional enough and do not benefit us in any way. You're fired, gorgeous."

Employee: "Uh oh!"

MoreGun89

(0) Hearts

this scene's costuming provided by the Scooby Doo cartoonists...60's style, gang!

weeeeweeeeeee

Not joking. but I came just for your joke.

redwagon44

(0) Hearts

This should have all been fleshed out in their consumer research phase. I'm positive they had to be seeing these same issues then. 

msmcmillan

(0) Hearts

I'm surprised Sephora didn't delete that...they don't screen reviews at all? Hmmm...

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 190 replies
  • 479 hearts
  • 43 in conversation
    • daisies121
    • melanito
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • drrragon
    • ry22
    • lylysa