Brandylynn111

New to Sephora...

Hi all, so I've been using makeup a long time, and I've always bought the less expensive items, NYX is probably the most luxurious makeup item I own but I want to change that and begin buying some higher end items to add to my already large collection. With that said what are the top five items I should look into picking up first? Thanks! 

Brandylynn111

Re: New to Sephora...

(0) Hearts

I've heard LORAC has wonderful eyeliners as well is this true?

calamityjane85

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I prefer Stila and marc Jacobs. I find the lorac liners hard to work with. 

gingerblack

(0) Hearts

I'd try some UD shadows in a palette

Brandylynn111

(0) Hearts

I've heard good things from college mates about them especially NAKED 2

lylysa

Welcome to Beauty Talk, Brandylynn111!

Give us a little more info in terms of what your make up routine consists of, your personal preferences and tastes in make up looks and even formulations, skin type, any specific concerns that need to be addressed, sensitivities and allergies, and even a price point or budget you want to stick within!

The more information we have to work with the better we can make recommendations for stellar products that will be utilized and make excellent additions in your make up collection!

Brandylynn111

(0) Hearts

Okay, my skin type is light, I can get away with it since I have a face full of freckles and it makes my skin look a little darker than fair. lol Not really any concerns as far as allergies go, I have normal skin. Like all kinds of colors for shadow and I can wear matte but I prefer frost or shimmers. I do a moisturizer, primer, foundation, eye primer and all that jazz, lipsticks in pinky nudes or gloss of any kind, soft rosy cheek blush, never used bronzer cause I figured it'd make me look like a clown, and never use eyeliner on my lower waterline because it just smudges and gets in the corner of my eyes. No more than fifty bucks for product. Is this enough info? Lol I didn't want to ramble :smileyhappy:

lylysa

(0) Hearts

Are there any specific products you're wanting to invest a higher dollar into in particular? For example are you more willing to splurge on an eye shadow palette or a foundation?

Since you're looking to start checking out higher end brands, why not start with some mini trial sets?

Benefit, Smashbox, Too Faced, and Stila are just some of the brands to check out. They make kits dedicated to the complexion, eyes, lip, along with full-face sets as well. It'll give you a great chance to sample a variety of products without committing too much money to one specific item.

Little Love Potions!Sugarlicious Lip & Cheek KitTry It KitThe Master Class Palette IIBeauty Blogger DarlingsThe Iconic CollectionMasterpiece Series Eye & Cheek PalettesBest of Kitten Set

All the above sets are under $50 and are in wearable shades.

In regards to bronzer, check out this helpful thread on some techniques to take the edge off using the product!

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/experimenting-with-new-makeup-ideas/m-p/416325#M1078

I drew up a little diagram for bronzer, contouring, highlighting, and basic blush techniques that's easy to follow. :smileyhappy:

If you're wanting even more of a bargain, check out the sale section, it recently got revamped with some new goodies for killer prices:

Glamour To Go PaletteFantasy Lip Gloss Gift SetMatthew Williamson - The Rich Is Back!

Brandylynn111

Wow thank you so much for all the wonderful tips and tricks for bronzing, I'm going after Christmas to Sephora and will definitely take the list I just wrote of the stuff you've suggested. I look forward to being a happy and loyal customer to their company. :smileyhappy: 

lylysa

(0) Hearts

My pleasure, Brandy! We're here to help in Beauty Talk!

Definitely make it a point to visit a store, you can swatch away and even get a consultation to try on products and see how you like wearing them!

Brandylynn111

(0) Hearts

Will do :smileyhappy:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 51 replies
  • 20 hearts
  • 24 in conversation
    • lissay
    • mberteig